main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

By the Grace of Lady Vader

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediGaladriel, Sep 10, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElusiveForce

ElusiveForce Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2001
    I'm delurking myself to compliment you all on this wonderfully written story, and beg of you to continue. Even though I hate picking through these message boards for the story, I must admit it was worth every moment of it, and I'm counting the days until I can read it in it's entirety on a website. Please have a sequel!

Stellar.

~ Andra

2. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    We're working on the edit now (I've been shamefully slow in passing it on [face_blush], but my part will be done very shortly)...so you will see it on a site (or two or three ;)) in the near future.

And thanks to all you guys. :)

3. Mara10145

Mara10145 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2000
    SEQUEL
    SEQUEL
    SEQUEL
    SEQUEL
    SEQUEL
    I DEMAND A SEQUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I say we dig up some stuff on GL, e-mail this story to him, and threaten to go public with our info unless he prints this story as canon.
    Who's with me?

4. anya Skywalker

anya Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2000
    LOL!!!

Nice idea... [face_devil]

5. set271

set271 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2000
    "Sequel!"
    "Sequel!"
    "Sequel!"
    "Sequel!"
    "Sequel!"
    "Sequel!"
    "Sequel!"
    "Sequel!"

There may not be plans now... but always in motion is the future!

:D

6. empress of justice

empress of justice Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2000
    Hello.

Catching up on this fic.

Quick ? Back on pg. 47 I noticed this.

'Told you, I did, that we should not train the boy."

"Which one?"

"With both, I told you. Too impatient, too reckless."

You are implying that Ami and Ani have had 2 boys w/ that, I just feel like being nit picky. It distracted me.

Otherwise, EXCELLENT WRITING,

I only mentioned that because I thought "wait a sec, are they going to create a long-lost brother for Luke and Leia?"

Empress

7. JediGaladriel

JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 1999
    Nope... he was talking about Anakin and Luke, both of whom he said they shouldn't train.

But thanks for reading closely enough to note not only the line, but the page, pretty much mid-story!

8. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Will there be a sequel someday? :)

9. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Ok, you don't have to do a sequel, just do
    a spin off. :):)

10. JediGaladriel

Sep 3, 1999
    Really guys... there's no sequel in the works. It was always planned to end where it did. But I'd still love to hear what everyone *thinks* would happen!

11. Shloz

Shloz Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2001
    Well, in rise to your challenge JG, I can imagine a ROTJ-style rescue of Leia from the New Empire's clutches, and then a confrontation with Luke in front of the Vaders.
    Though Leia might be well-Darkened by the time they could get a rescue attempt going.
    I could see a climax in which Anakin turns back (a la ROTJ), when confronted with the actual evil that Ami represents, during some kind of confrontation involving the twins (just like Palpy zapping Luke, Luke doing something to Leia with Ami cheering on)... but that's just dreaming.
    To sum it up, I'm afraid I must abandon any dignity:
    SEQUEL!
    SEQUEL!
    SEQUEL!
    SEQUEL!
    SEQUEL!
    SEQUEL!

Shloz

12. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Awe, darn my luck!! Oh, well. I really enjoyed this story. That will have to be enouph! :)

13. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    OK, I'm voting for a sequel...
    Shloz said it before me, so I'm not gonna start typing what I think will happen :)

14. set271

set271 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2000
    I don't even want to speculate... because I'd love for the authors to surprise me!!

(Gotta keep prodding, as irritating as it must be for them.)

:D

15. _fuschia_

_fuschia_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2001
    Hello, I just read the story for the first time. I haven't read much fanfiction, and what I've read up until now has been pretty dire, but this is magnificent, superb, wonderful!!! Well done!!! :)

16. JediGaladriel

Sep 3, 1999
    This story has been archived in cleaned-up form at Vader's Mask -- any formatting problems are my fault; I think I have them cleaned up.

Anyway...

By the Grace of Lady Vader

17. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Cool. Can I link to the story on NOL? [face_blush]

aa :)

18. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Like it! :)

Minor thing-- the links from one story part to another don't seem to work... part of the address is missing, I think.

19. JediGaladriel

Sep 3, 1999
    Uh-oh. I think I'm having a problem saving with spaces and some punctuation. I had to go through and hand-fix a bunch of quotation mark problems, and I wonder if I got one with the backslash...

EDIT: D'oh, I forgot to put in "files/" And it's not letting me in right now, so it will have to wait. :)

I think that's easy enough to fix; the online HTML editing is back for the time being.

BTW, AA... a link is fine with me if it's cool with A21 and a-p.

20. JediGaladriel

Sep 3, 1999
    I did a new LV wallpaper, with the VM archive page address on it. I'm pleased with the background, and couldn't figure out where to show it off... (of course, with the official site releasing really cool wallpapers today, I guess it's not really noticeable, but I've been frustrated with my by-hand art attempts this evening and wanted to post something that doesn't look like stick figures) :)

[image=http://fan.starwars.com/vadersmask/files/wallpaper/ladyvader2.jpg]

21. ami-padme

Sep 19, 1999
    I like it! :D

22. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    I think it looks great. Very worthy to this incredible story. :D

23. QUIGONAMARETTO

QUIGONAMARETTO Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2000
    Up!!!!

24. Twinnie

Twinnie Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 5, 2001
    waw,'ve read the whole story on JG's website yesterday evening (and got to bed very late, btw :D) and... I don't know what to tell you...

the work on the feelings was very, very, VERY interesting ,and the three of you write very well (but you've already been told that, havn't you ? =)

I was really surprised by the end ; kinda... well, I was actually expecting an happy ending of some sort, or at least a clue about Anakin's coming bck to the Light for good ; here, you just leave a galaxy in chaos, submissive to a mad woman (I really gotta re-read the whole thing to check the clues of Padmé's mindness in the first parts of the story =) ; it's... sort of unfair for the characters. Their lives are broken =( (yeah, I know, it's just a story =) (still, the ending is too sad to be kept like that) (AND, girls, you must have noticed that, even though the canon ESB had an open ending like your fic, there _was_ a sequel to it :D)

Hope you'll write another story like this one soon, and thanks for the good time I spent yesterday evening =)

25. ami-padme

Sep 19, 1999
    Wow, haven't seen this on the front page for awhile!

Thanks, Twinnie, glad you liked it so much. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.