main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

By the Grace of Lady Vader

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediGaladriel, Sep 10, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cindé of Naboo

Cindé of Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2000
    wow! That is one nifty wallpaper. It's as though all the characters, Leia, Luke, Vader, are all drowning in Lady Vader's all-consuming influence. And the color of blood, no less. Very creepy....very good. :D

2. JediGaladriel

JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 1999
    Thanks, Twinnie and Cindé!

Glad you liked it.

3. JediGaladriel

Sep 3, 1999
    Okay, this has had a chance to sit and stew in its juices... now it needs a beta (well, two, actually) so we can fix its problems. Does anyone have time?

You can link to the story at its VM page to see it without the commentary. PM me if you'd rather have a .doc, and we'll see what we can do.

Some things I'm looking for in a beta (and I guess a-p and A21 will have other things they're looking for):

1. Continuity problems -- any time you have three authors, even with planning, there are going to be little continuity gaps between posts. Do people pick up in the places where we left them? Are their thoughts relatively continuous?
    2. Wandering themes -- this is a function of time more than number. Is the story a unified whole? Do we stray too much from our premises?
    3. Loose threads -- did we leave anyone wandering around that it doesn't look like we'd planned to?
    4. General spelling, grammar issues.
    5. Plot... does it flow naturally? Are the events plausible, and if not, what could make them more plausible?
    6. Egoboos are always welcome -- :D -- but we're hoping to really knock this story into good shape, so please point out what's wrong with it, even if it's not something I've asked about.
  • anya Skywalker

anya Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2000
    Up,up,up!

Why don't you ask for a beta reader on the mail list, form the fanfiction part of tfn? I'm sure there are plenty of people who would love to beta read it! :)

Anya
    (Who is still hopping for a sequel...)

• Artemis_Silverbow

Artemis_Silverbow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2001
    I am in AWE [face_shocked] Wonderful, beautiful, amazing story! And I'm hoping for a sequel too! :D

• ThePodSquad

ThePodSquad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2001
    I just read this on your website after reading al these people say how good it is. And in all honesty I too was expecting a sequel it just kinda screams sequel :) I really did enjoy it it's a wonderfully written fanfic.

Hannah

• ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    Wow, how did this get back up here?! :eek: ;)

Thanks Hannah glad you enjoyed it. :D

• ThePodSquad

Aug 25, 2001
    Since I'm probably the most in the dark about the rest of your fanfic and JG's are there any others??? Cause I basically just followed the links that said to the next chapter.

Hannah

• JediGaladriel

Sep 3, 1999
    Wow... long time since I've seen this one up! Welcome, and glad you enjoyed the story!

Which website did you come over from? a-p's URL is in her .sig -- go over to her fanfic page and you'll find several. I write under the name FernWithy anywhere other than these forums, and I have quite few on my own fanfic page at Vader's Mask. There are also some over at www.fanfiction.net

• ThePodSquad

Aug 25, 2001
    I think it was Vader's Mask but I finished the second chapter at like 1:30 am last night and then while my mom was gone to town today I read the third chapter. So I didn't really have time to look around. Thanks I'll lok at a-p's site and then zoom around your's tonight. And I think Padmé has gone stark-raving mad.

Hannah

• ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    Yes, do check out my site (sorry, can't help but plug! ;)). All of my solo stories are on my author page at FanFiction.net. And you can find a story I co-authored with Darth Pipes here.

Thanks for the interest...do let me know what you think if you're able to read any of them. :D

• anya Skywalker

anya Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2000
    Wow... Lonmg time no see this one!

But a new up, since there are so many who don't know what they are missing not reading this story.

And hope is the last to die... In 50 years, I'll still be waitting for the sequel... ;)

• JediVegeta

JediVegeta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    Anya! Thank you! Just a couple of days ago I was plunging down deep for this story to read some of it again and I could not find it! I am bookmarking it now.

..is also hoping for a sequel! One day.....

:D

• DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I seriously want the sequel, especially given the vision on the escape from Hoth, the ending, etc. I'm writing a story that is pathetically similar in premise to this (I'll never be able to do it as well, but heck, I'm writing it anyway) and I'm going to write a sequel to that in my impatience. (Maybe for once I'll do it before JG gets hers done; it's never happened before) But with my luck, she'll write the sequel during the 18 months I'm gone. (PLEASE, JG, GIVE ME SOMETHING AWESOME TO READ WHEN I GET BACK! AND A-P AND A21, PLEASE WRITE IT WITH HER!)

• SenatorPadme

SenatorPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2001
    I've read this story before. awhile back now. Will there ever be a sequel, JG? :)

• JediGaladriel

Sep 3, 1999
    It's not up to me. :)

Seriously, I'm not sure a sequel would really work all that well. This was a very spontaneous story, and a sequel might lose a lot of momentum.

• DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Yes, but we want to see the aftermath of Leia's joining them, how the new Empire shapes up, what the Rebellion does to it, whether Leia comes to her senses, whether Padme does, whether Anakin ever turns, and whether Luke ever gets the girl (she doesn't exist yet, I know). Or maybe that's just I want, being selfish and all.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.