main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga By the Pale Moons' Light [Re: Third Crossover Challenge: HP/SW x-over;Dooku/McGonagall;Romance,AU]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alexis_Wingstar, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Title: By the Pale Moons' Light
    Author: Alexis_Wingstar
    Genre: Crossover, romance, AU
    Timeline: Just hours after Qui-Gon dies in TPM/A few months after Harry Potter defeats Voldemort for the final time.
    Note: This is in response to the third crossover challenge, in which we were supposed to take any SW character and develope a romance between a character in another universe. In spite of the fact that in general, I don't think HP and SW makes for a good crossover, I immediately thought of Dooku and Minerva... and I just had to go with it.
    Thanks: goes to Jinngerbread and Persephone_Kore who both gave me help in Dooku's characterization. [:D]
    Disclaimer: Star Wars is George's baby, and Harry Potter is J.K. Rowling's.

[b]By the Pale Moons' Light[/b]

The silver-gray tabby watched intently as the tall, dignified man, silhouetted by the starry sky, wept. Her eyes, curiously framed by square markings, had a distinct intelligence behind them one would not expect from a mere feline. In fact, she was not [i]just[/i] a cat, but a human woman, lost in a world strange to her. She had just moments before been in her own world, babysitting her youngest grandnephew, Caius, in a park. The toddler had been running from her, giggling and defiantly not coming when she called to him. She had picked up a piece of trash to toss into a waste bin.

?Caius, you will come here, right now. One? two? three?? She waved the offending piece of candy wrapper towards the wayward tot.

Suddenly, she felt a tug from her midsection, and then she was no longer in the park, but on a balcony. It was nighttime, and there were three moons in the sky. Before she had time to wonder about the extra moons, she heard someone coming, and quickly put the wrapper in a pocket of her robe before transfiguring into her animagus form. Wherever she was, she hoped the appearance of cats would be unremarkable, and that she could slip away unnoticed. It appeared that she was correct as the man walked past her to the balcony?s balustrade. She was about to slink away so she could transform back into her true form and get back to Caius when she heard him speak.

?Qui-gon,? his grief-stricken voice shook as he grabbed the railing, knuckles turning white with the force of his grip, ?you did not need to die.?

Having just lost dear friends recently in a vicious battle against the evil Lord Voldemort and his minions, Minerva felt for this stranger. There was something about the man that she felt compelled to offer comfort. Yet, she was weary to show her true self. Therefore, she simply sat there staring up at him and meowed.

The man?s hand brushed a silver wand-like stick at his belt as he turned to look at her.

The Jedi Master?s brow furrowed when he saw a furred creature on the balcony of his quarters. It somewhat resembled a gray and black striped pitten with incredibly luminescent eyes. The same overpowering grief that brought him out to the balcony made him turn his back in revulsion from this pitten-like creature. Qui-gon would have befriended it and rush to get food and water for it. The reminder of his former padawan was too much for him at this time, and hoped that if he simply ignored the creature, it would go away.

Instead, it came over beside him and gracefully hopped onto the balustrade, scrutinizing him with an uncanny intelligence.

Master Dooku frowned in suspicion as he suddenly noticed this ?pitten? had an unusually high presence in the Force. ?Who are you??

He allowed no surprise to show in his bearing as the form of the cat began shifting, and soon a human woman of regal bearing was before him, wearing green robes and a strange, pointed cap planted slightly cocked to the right upon her head. She vaguely reminded him of Master Nu. He drew himself up stiffly, on guard now. ?So, you are a Clawdite? What are you doing here??

?I am unfamiliar

2. MagicToo

MagicToo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2007
    This is a very interesting idea... I look forward to seeing more.

3. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Wow. This is so cool, Alexis! Both characters are spot-on. McGonagall and Dooku -- who would have thought! I would love to see more of this. :D

4. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    I would never have thought of this pairing, but you have pulled it off perfectly. Nice job building things up, I can only wonder where it goes from here!

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh, very nicely done! =D=

6. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Thanks for posting this link into my thread! @};-

:eek: Wow, you know they could make a good couple! She's sorta like Jocasta in a way and I so could see this! Hope you do continue when you can! =D= It's a great start :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.