main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends 'By the pricking of my thumbs...' JA, (Obi/Qui) - *Updated 30/04/2007*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Princess_Arulmozhi, Dec 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I really appreciated the needlework since I do a lot of sewing. LOL on him trying to thread a needle.

Oh, his feelings of desolation are not good but at least Qui-Gon recognized what it was and was able to get him out of it. But why is Obi-Wan unhappy to see Qui's first Padawan? Hummmm, a tale there.

Great job with the mush. Keep it up!

2. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    It worries me that Obi-Wan can't seem to meditate and just plain seems out of it, but then with that "marble", who could blame him. At least Qui appears to be aware of the situation and is checking in on him frequently.

I love the Qui and Obi mush you write - makes me want to write some more JA stuff. Anyhow...

I wonder what Qui's first padawan is up to now. Please let us know soon. [face_praying]

3. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    You will?when I have had some success threading my needle...

[face_laugh] These two are wonderful together. [face_love] I'm glad Qui is nearby for those episodes when Obi-Wan needs him.

I'm also curious about this first Padawan :D

4. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    ~comes running in as she finishes throwing her laundry in the washer~

Greetings from the lands of... Um... Yah.

~bounces~

Hi! Seven here to lay customary praise on one of my most treasured authors!

~laughs maniacally~

I mean.... Hi!

Now I belive I must start from the begining, and work towards the end. That seems like a prudent choice, Yes?

Alright then, anyone who does not want to read a comment that will most likely be as long as a post, please feel free to skip over this. ~bows with a silly grin~ I promise I won't be offended!

=3 PART I =3

This was spectacular! Engaging, yet non revealing as to what the rest of the story was about, but that is really besides the point.

~nods sagely~

I liked the fact that Qui-Gon could prattle off the number of times Obi-Wan had lied to him, and the boys reaction nearly made me burst out laughing. It seemed so much like something my mother would do.

Which brings me to the fact that I really liked this post because it goes beyond just the Master/Padawan aspect of thier relationship. And these are the kinds of stories I really enjoy.

~cheers~

A great start to a wonderful story!

=3 PART II =3

~giggles~

Obi-Wan sounds like me in the mornings!

Another fight scene that was masterfully written. Great and marvelous.

Though I admit I must feel a little sorry for Master Qui. Not being able to stop the last one from getting to him. He's lucky to have Obi-Wan there with him.

"An angel of the light", is he now Master Jinn? All of us Obi fan girls could have told you that a looooong time ago! Where have you been hiding?

And of course he's ready! Obi can do ANYTHING!

Ahem... I mean...

=3 PART III =3

"The Ischila"! Ahhhh!

...Not that the first time I read it I knew what was in store for our poor beloved Obi-Wan.

But now that I do...

~shivers~

Be strong Obi. Be strong.

Again, I loved the way that Qui and Obi interact. You are one of my favs for being able to portray them in such a manner.

A wonderful set up chapter to the rest of your story.

=3 PART IV =3

Aw! Poor Obi-Wan! Don't think that your Master doesn't love you! He does! He just wants what's best for you!

And the true implications of the little marbel jewel comes into light.

~cheers~

We know that you can do it Obi-Wan! Your master, and even Master Yoda have complete faith in you!

Agian, another wonderfully written chapter with superb intereactions between the two of them. Astounding.

And your discriptiveness with everything in that chapter, was enchanting. It made the (nearly) full implications of what Obi-Wan was going to, and thinks he's going to face into a very true light.

=3 PART V =3

Alright! Half way home!

~screams!~

Oh Poor Obi! Please don't be hurt to bad! (though as a second time reader, first time reviewer, this really shouldn't be an issue...)

And Qui-Gon is sure wise here. It's nice to see. Sometimes he comes across as having a great deal of wisdom, but incredibly dense. So I like this. It's all good!

And Yoda, was wonderfully well writen.

=3 PART VI =3

And I must say it again, Our poor Obi-Wan! There is no rest for the weary. ...Qui must be so worried.

Again, thier interactions were precisely the way that I could see them acting if they were .... ~sniffles~ Real!

Their banter was once again, amazing!

=3 PART VII =3

Explainations! That I think might have come just a little to late... or maybe to early? for our dearest Obi-Wan.

To find that his whole fate may hang on being able to beat a marble that seems to attack at random and is very unsportsman like... or unsports marble like? Either way.

Though I do hope find out WHY Master Jinn's and Obi-Wan's confrontations with the thing are so different.

~ponders~

=3 PART VIII =3

Huzzah! Teaching is good for them. I like that! Qui and Obi teaching is more than just a little appealing.

And I loved that Qui would answer his apprentice even durring the middle of a saber class. That was sweet of him to say.

I l

5. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    Just came across this and LOVED it!

It's really way cool!

Poor Obi-Wan - he has to go through a lot!

*waits patiently for more to be written*

6. Seven

Jul 20, 2000
    Yes... It's me again!

How embarassing.

~giggles~

Alright, From the end of Part 8 to the end of part 9.

~clears her throat dramatically~

Ooooooobiiiii! No! Don't give up! ~little cry~

I must admit I was very impressed with Master Jinn for carrying his apprentice all the way to the healers ward despite the youngers protests. And I must say that I aprove.

Well done, all over again.

... And now I believe that I may sit back and read this wonderful peice of work with the rest of the world.

Wonderful job as usual Princess!

With all Devotion,
    Seven

7. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Shaindl, maychorian, dianethx, tangled_sphere, Master_Noi, Seven, Qui-Gina-Jinn: Thanks, all, for the comments. Good Lord, I've really let this thing go, haven't I? <Must. Write. Another.Post...>

I'll come up with one, I promise. :D

EDIT: Seven, thank you for the lovely, long, review. :)

8. Seven

Jul 20, 2000
    ~bow to the lady Princess~

My pleasure, as always. I think I'll stick them up at ff.net as well, but like I believe I said at some point prior, I've read most of your stories at one point or another, but there had always been soemthing that prevented me from reviewing.

Usually work... Grr.... Work.

But As usual, I loved it, making it all the better, perhaps, that I could speel about it all at once!

~bows~

Thank you for your kind praise.

Seven

9. young_mara

young_mara Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2001
    Ooh! I found this on fanfiction.net :) I love your work! Please do update when you get the chance.

10. JuniorPadawan

JuniorPadawan Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    Wow, I love the Obi-Wan Qui-Gon interaction. Who would have thought those two as such the chatter boxes.

hehe, I remember how it feels to be in Obi-Wan's position learning needle work. Now if all the stitches aren't in the same direction or even the same tension as the rest of the sampler I rip it out. I work only with counted cross-sitch and generally use 18 count aida cloth. Wow... I'm a geek. :D

Love the story. Obi-Wan would definitely need to know how to confront the darkside huh?

11. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Part 4
    This item reminds me quite a bit of the cave on Dagobah...similar purpose as far as I can tell, to face the darkness...

Great story so far, I'll continue onward...

12. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Wow, fascinating story so far Princess. I can't wait to see how it turns out.
    You are a very talented writer.

13. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Very interesting story! I'm quite curious exactly what the Ischila is, and what it does. Poor Obi-Wan, facing it those two times. :( I think Qui-Gon is going to keep going until Obi bests it though. Hope he does it soon!

I love the banter between Obi and Qui. And it was funny when Qui carried Obi to the healers over his protests. [face_laugh]

Great job! Hope to see more soon!

14. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Here little sockie- come write more story :)

15. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    hey girl! you noticed i was back & i've been catching up bit by bit on all the stories i had my eye on back a few months ago. this is still an incredible story & i can't wait for another update! :)

you weave such detail & fun into your storytelling! i love how you've brought the story back around to the beginning again...very fun way to tell the story. and the bits of explanation that you include here & there are just right--not too much & not too little. just perfect! i laughed out loud several times as i read through this, so the humor & depth of relationship i have always admired in your work between Qui & Obi is still there & still wonderful! *sigh*

anyway, i'm here & i'm waiting for more! :)

16. Princess_Arulmozhi

Nov 16, 2004
    Hello there!

:( that I neglected to update this for so long...but I was writing - other stuff. ;)

But I've resumed Operation Ischila.

Padawan: [:D]

young_mara: Updated, now. :) And thanks for looking in.

JuniorPadawan: Welcome!If youre a geek, I am too - of sorts. :D

kateydidnt: Thank you. All darkside tests involve something of the kind, I believe. :)

Jedi_Tigris: Yup. Qui will keep on at it - until its decided, one way or the other. Thanks for reading :)

PadawanKitara: [face_hypnotized] Writing. More. Story...

SarkaVrae: Yay for you, Jody! >>>i love how you've brought the story back around to the beginning again...very fun way to tell the story>>> <grin> And it took me 9 parts to get that done. :D. Glad you like it - and hope you'll stick along.

And now...wonder of wonders...a post. A transitionary post, if you will - but it's important <in my head, at least>. And I'm splitting it up, as it's likely to be long. <So what's new?> 8-}

Part 10

I

Coruscant?s heavens were tinged with a bright orange glow, signaling the end of the day.

Obi-Wan shifted rather restlessly on the bed, fingers clutching the slender needle and dreslin cloth. Suddenly, it seemed to him that he was engaging in a ridiculous enterprise?he was a Jedi padawan, for Force?s sake. Unorthodox Qui-Gon might be, and he might not have found his centre?but threading needles would hardly help. He bit his lip, trying to sit up.

Every part of his body gave a protesting twinge?he hadn?t even known he possessed such muscles as he felt. Aside from when he was being led through ludicrous exercises by his master, that is. The older Jedi had a flair for putting Obi-Wan through??interesting lessons?, as he termed it. A brief thought about how Schenalya Den?ru had fared under Qui-Gon's training passed through him?until he swiftly banished it.

Unorthodox methods he could accept?but needlework was something else altogether.

He needed a distraction?something that would take his mind of that which insisted on running through his brain again and again, giving him no respite.

A casual flick of his wrist opened the door of one of two shelves in his room?there, arranged in a row were his Verpine fighters?devoid of repulsor-lift fields, lifeless. Rather like him, at the moment, with no purpose. He hardly knew why he retained them?Jedi were not really supposed to possess anything; besides, which, he had grown beyond the age of model-possession. The ideal solution would have been to give them away to other, deserving initiates. That, or discard them altogether.

He could not, however. They were a part of him, just as his tunics and sabre were?although not as important. They were relics of a not too distant past, and of people, of events?

?of a certain Jedi Master who had once told him to rein in his anger.

He closed his eyes briefly, feeling a prick of emotion. It had been so long ago?

Six years, a small voice whispered inside him. Not so long ago.

Let go of the past, he told himself. It would not aid him?and it had no more hold over him.

Your past defines your present, as your present defines your future, spoke his mind?his mind that could not be turned off at will.

He shook off the bed-clothes abruptly and stood up, muscles protesting. He could not stay in the room anymore?he would have to leave. Leave where? How did one escape from oneself?

Besides, Qui-Gon had ordered him to stay in his room, with good reason. His body was still recovering?it would take at least two or three more days before he faced the Ischila again?

The memory of the marble galvanized him. He shrugged himself out of his sleep-robes, ignored the sharp jabs of pain in his arms, dressed himself in the rougher tunics that were meant for normal Temple-wear, and strode out.

The Room of a Thousand Fountains may be one of the most beautif

17. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I don't think Qui-Gon is going to be happy that Obi-Wan is up and about. So, how does Garen know about the Ischila?

18. TimeLordEmiri

TimeLordEmiri Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2003
    I'd like to delurk for a minute and say
    how I really am enjoying this story.

I especially liked those little hints to the future
    by the mad jedi.

I hope to see more soon. Obi is adorable!

TLE

19. Princess_Arulmozhi

Nov 16, 2004
    Master_Noi: Thanks for sticking with the story :) As for how Garen knew...that'll come up in the next part. :D

TimeLordEmiri: Yay...reader delurk! Welcome, and make yourself at home. :) Glad that you're enjoying the little hints - and Obi is always adorable. :D

20. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    I just found this, and Force is it good! More soon please.

~Padawan Darksaber

21. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Bad Obi-Wan, sneaking away. No, you can't escape yourself. :)

I liked the Crystal Room, and the statues of old masters. Very intriguing. Bant and Garen are great! That was a very fun scene. It's nice to see the old friends together again.

Hmm, what did happen on Nelth? Sounds like it wasn't pleasant. But Obi-Wan seems all right with it, kind of.

Great chapter! Keep it up!

22. Seven

Jul 20, 2000
    ~blinks~

Wow Master, you really where inspired! :eek: :D [face_love]

This was wonderful! It makes me want to go write more! ~ahem~ I mean...

Master Jinn is in no way going to be happy. Though he may be a triffle relieved that Obi has found some rest.

But I'm glad to see that Obi is at least a little happy again.

Good on Bant and Garen!

Again, Master, this is simply more wonderful than my vocabulary can expresss.

More soon please, Master?

Your Devoted Lil' Paddy,
    Seven

23. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I adored the description of the statue and how it seemed to have a message meant only for Obi-Wan. That was slightly creepy, but so very well done. I can't wait to find out how Garen (and I'll assume Bant) know about the Ischila.

So very glad to see you back to this story. More soon? :D

Shaindl

24. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Lovely. That about sums it up. =D=

25. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I'm happy I'm happy ...........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.