main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

By the Sea Shore (JA - Round Robin)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by imzadi, Dec 28, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    Now alone in his quarters packing, as he imagined many others were doing throughout the Temple, Gevan could not help but think about his impending separation from his Master. Since he was apprenticed, he hadn't spent more than one night away from her, and even then it was only to sleep over at friends? places. He knew most of the other Padawans had been separated from their Masters at some time. But he wasn?t worried about going away alone, or the actual separation from his Master. Gevan was concerned that she seemed to almost purposefully plan her visit home to coincide with the trip to Entrus. And, although he would have been disappointed to miss the trip, he would have understood and most likely have enjoyed visiting Ky-Lor?s family. He had gone with her before on several occasions and considered them friends in the least. Gevan could not understand why his Master was so eager to go without him.

Thinking again, Gevan realised that it was not necessarily that she was ?eager? but that he only thought that. Still, it was odd.

//Padawan, I home,// he heard Ky-Lor calling through their bond as she entered their quarters.
    //Master, how was your shift?// he asked, setting aside his packing to go and greet her. Over the past few days, with all the extra patients, Master Ky-Lor had volunteered to do extra shifts in the infirmary. Gevan too, had volunteered, but was given the rest of the day off to prepare for the trip to Entrus.
    ?It went quite well Padawan,? she answered, flopping down on their lounge. Gevan seated himself beside her. Ky-Lor sensed growing unease emanating from her apprentice.
    ?Padawan, is something wrong?? she asked. Gevan quickly raised his mental shields, not wanting her to sense his feelings.
    ?I?m just um, worried about Tais, that?s all,? he mumbled, not meeting her gaze.
    ?Padawan, you should know by now not to lie to me,? she responded, her voice holding only kindness. She did know what was troubling him.
    ?It?s alright Padawan. We?re only going to be apart for a little while. If there are any problems you can always contact me. And I trust Master An-Paj to take good care of you,? she reassured.
    ?Yes Master,? Gevan responded obediently. Patting his knee, she rose from the lounge. ?I should get going. The transport will be leaving soon. Walk with me?? she asked, knowing how Gevan would answer.
    ?Of course Master.? As they gathered her things, Gevan realised he still did not know the reason behind her going alone. Shrugging it off, not wanting to worry his Master with his insecurities, he walked with her to the transport.

Stopping on the platform, he handed her the rest of her bags. Ky-Lor stood in facing him. She noted with surprise how tall he had grown. <Yes, he can handle this, > she thought, trying to convince herself.
    ?Now you be good,? she said, trying to rein in her emotions.
    ?I will Master.?
    ?Do what Master An-Paj tells you,? she continued her instructions, her voice catching.
    ?Yes Master.?
    ?And don?t worry about me, okay?? Ky-Lor said quickly, pulling him into a quick hug. This confused Gevan even more, but he gratefully returned the embrace.
    ?I?ll see you in about a week,? she said patting his face gently before turning to leave.
    Gevan watched her walk up the ramp and into the ship. He waited on the transport pad until the ship had taken off, and then sullenly made his way back to their quarters.

When he entered, Gevan suddenly realised he was home alone. His Master had found no need for him to actually stay with An-Paj and had allowed him to remain alone in their quarters for the two nights before he left for Entrus. Although An-Paj would be his guardian, technically speaking, while Ky-Lor was away, Gevan realised that he could practically do whatever he wanted. A mischievous grin spread across his features as he looked around their quarters. There was no one to tell him what to do.

As Gevan began raiding the kitchen, he decided that perhaps the next week or so would not be so bad after all.

2. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    Upping this--will post later!!!

3. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    This is really good ao far!

4. princess-sari

Nov 20, 2000
    Thanks, Jedi Girl!! I think you can still join if you want--just pm Imzadi!! I'll be posting later!!

5. HaiGan

HaiGan Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2000
    Maybe now that I'm home I can FINALLY manage to persuade this to upload. Oh, and howdy folks, nice to be joining you!

Music drifted across the Temple gardens. It wrapped softly about the trees and played among the leaves. It trickled over the grasses and the tinkling fountains. It laughingly ducked between the ornamental bushes, and danced through the flowerbeds.

A voice broke through the waves of sound, a woman's voice which had 'sports teacher' written all over it.

"Laaaaaaazard!"

The music stopped abruptly. Another voice replied, this one a light and hesitant baritone.

"Coming, Mast..."

There was a swaying of branches and a thrashing of leaves, followed by a bump and a faint 'oof'. The gangling figure that hit the ground beneath one of the trees scrambled frantically to one side, then sighed in relief as he managed to catch the set of pipes that tumbled after him.

Master Ven-Te Houk strode energetically across the gardens towards her padawan, planted her hands on her hips, and regarded him with bemusement. "Nothing broken?"

Lazard Krey carefully checked his pipes. "They look okay," he replied.

"I meant you, you silly nerf," Ven-Te said, fondly but with a touch of irritation.

"Oh." Lazard looked down at himself as if he'd never seen his own body before. "Well, nothing hurts too much. The ground was soft." He got to his feet in a tangle of arms and legs, eventually sorting himself into a standing position.

"Look at you, Lazard," Ven-Te exclaimed, straightening the padawan's tunic and brushing the mud from it. "You're nothing but skin and bone. How am I ever going to get you to eat enough? You need to get outside more, too."

"I am outside," Lazard pointed out, far too well used to his master's fussing to let it bother him.

"Properly outside. You're as pale as a cave-eel. You need more exercise."

"I train every day, Master." Lazard's protest was half-hearted. In his experience, Master Ven-Te never really listened to what he was saying.

"What are you doing out here all alone anyway? A young man your age should be off with his friends in his free time!"

"Master, can you hear me?" Lazard tried.

"Why, when I was a padawan we got into all sorts of mischief," Ven-Te continued, oblivious.

"There are purple mynocks crawling up your legs."

"All good, healthy fun, of course," Ven-Te said, in jolly tones. "Of course, I'm very pleased that you do so well on the academic side," she added, with the slightly puzzled encouragement given by someone who has been cheerfully bad at anything ending in 'ics' or 'ology' for her whole life, and has never seen the problem with that.

"The Temple is on fire."

"...but I really think you need to get out of the Temple for a while. Get away from those datapads and spend some time in the fresh air."

"Chancellor Valorum is dancing naked in the fountains singing 'I'm Yoda the Happy Jedi'"

"...so I've arranged for the two of us to join the trip to Entrus. It should be just the thing to give you an appetite and help you make a few friends."

"What? I can't go, I've got a physics exam next week!"

"Maybe we can even get to know one another a little better. Sometimes, Lazard, I can't help feeling that you and I are on different planets even when you're standing right next to me."

Lazard rolled his eyes. "Can't think why."

"Anyway, you'd better start packing. I've heard it's a warm climate. Don't forget your swimming kit. I must look out some balls and rackets. Beach games, that's the ticket! We'll soon put a bit of meat on those bones. Have you reddened up in no time!"

"Master, I'm human. Humans go brown, not red. If they go red, it's usually not very good for them."

"Jolly good. I bet you can't wait to get going!"

"Not really, no. I like it here."

"Oh good! Well, go and get packing!"

"I'd rather cut my head off with my own lightsaber."

"...and don't forget your swimming things!" Master Ven-Te watched her padawan heading sulkily away. "I don't know what to do with that boy. I do try to jolly him along

6. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Oh, jolly hockey sticks, HaiGan! I love these two already!

7. princess-sari

Nov 20, 2000
    <I'd rather cut my head off with my own lightsaber.> LOL!! :) Glad more people are joining!!!

8. Uisceban

Uisceban Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2000
    I missed so many posts! They were brillant! LOL

9. princess-sari

Nov 20, 2000
    Moving this to the top again!!!
    BTW, anybody know why I don't have my star yet--I'm past the 50-post mark and I want my star!!!

10. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Hm...everyone's stars seem to be missing...must be a Sith Plot.

LOVE Ven-Te...she & Mistress Renata are definitely soul-sisters...

Let the lunacy begin! (Imzadi, are you keeping track of everyone? Can you short-post a "cast list" at some point?)

--Renata

11. Uisceban

Uisceban Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2000
    Hey I just noticed it. Oh no I hope this doesn't mean we have to get them all over again.

12. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    I'm sorry people but the stars are gone permanantly as far as I know.

I'll post a cast list as soon as everyone has thought of their characters. We're up to 17 characters at this point!

Up!

13. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I love these charaters! I can't remember the name now, but the master with the purple cloke is great.

I'm still thinking. :)

Anyone elce notice that as well as the missing stars, the stories are too long(pysically/printwise) to fit in a window without making it huge, or having to move the text to read it???

14. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Thanks, Jodiwent! His name is Hachas Tlatilco, but his nickname (which I'll introduce soon) is Ha-cha-cha, and yes, he's a good dancer.

15. princess-sari

Nov 20, 2000
    Yes, I noticed that too, Jodiwent. Figures they'd get rid of the stars just when I was going to get my first. Oh, well.
    Will post later, after work.

16. HaiGan

HaiGan Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2000
    Okay, what happens next?

17. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I'll post soon guys, I'm still getting some last minute details together on my characters.

18. princess-sari

Nov 20, 2000
    Can't wait, Jedi Girl!

19. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Ok here it is...

~~~~~~~~

Hendix tried to sneak into he and his Mistress' quarters unoticed, however it was not easy when you were as tall as he was. Clutching a bag under his robe he silently moved into his room and closed the door.

"Why are you so quiet Padawan?"

He jumped about a foot in the air and turned around, "Mistress! Uh, hi, fancy meeting you here." He knew their was no hiding his package from her but it was always worth a shot.

Mistress Edana Panacean walked up closer to her Padawan, "I saw you hadn't packed so I decided to help you out." Then she looked curiously at him, "what's under your robe?"

"Umm," Hendrix gulped, "It's uh a surprise, for the trip."

"Apparently you aren't going to show it to me just yet." She relaxed a bit, which was something she had to remind herself to do quite a bit lately. //This tirp should be good for me// she thought, //however I'm not so sure about the others, all this relaxing is not necessarily good for Padawans.// "Fine I won't ask to see whatever you have there," she heard Hendrix sigh with relief, "but you do need to finish packing."

"Yes Mistress Ed," he mock saluted and moved to his bags on his bed.

Edana rolled her eyes at the nick name he called her, she would have to do something about that later.

Waiting until his Mistress was out of his room he quickly opened the bag and dumped it's contents on the bed. Picking up one of the obejects he examined it, it had definetly been worth the credits he had spent on it. Looking at the nine other obejects he smiled, he couldn't wait to see the look on the Masters faces when all their Padawans pulled out water blasters.

20. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    LOL, this guy is sneaky! I can't wait to read more about these characters.

21. princess-sari

Nov 20, 2000
    Yay!!!!! Water blasters!!!!! Can I have mine now, please, please, pretty please!!!!
    Great job, Jedi Girl!! :)

22. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    The water blasters will eventually be handed out, don't worry. ;o)

And thanks for the compliments guys.

23. princess-sari

Nov 20, 2000
    Deep in one of the lower levels of the Temple, Jedi Master Ezwin Halley was hard at work in his laboratory. He bent over a beaker full of a viscous greenish-brown concoction and lifted an eye-dropper with electric-blue liquid in it.
    //One drop should do it...just a drop...just...a...drop...//
    *Master Ezwin, Miss Analla sent to me to tell you that if you don't come back soon she's not going to be responsible for what happens to your dinner.*
    The metallic voice startled Ezwin...who squeezed the eyedropper harder than he'd meant to...causing quite a bit more than a drop of the blue liquid to hit the stuff in the beaker...causing an explosion that sprayed greenish-brownish-bluish goo everywhere and sent Ezwin flying backwards into the table behind him...which happened to be covered in bottles filled with rather violent chemicals.
    *Oh, dear...Master Ezwin, I say, are you all right?"
    "No, Zee-Dee, I'm *not* all right." Ezwin struggled to stand up and felt his way over to the emergency sink located in a corner of the room. He began flushing his eyes out with water, muttering anti-droid epithets under his voice at the same time.
    "Perhaps I'd better call the infirmary and have them send a Healer down here," the ancient protocol droid said from behind him.
    "NO! NO HEALERS! I'll be fine in a minute. The last time I went to the healers An-Paj kept me there for a week for *observation.* Observation--hah!" He stood up and wiped his face off on the only clean corner of his tunic he could find.
    He looked around the ruined lab with reddened eyes and then turned and glared at the droid.
    "Guess who gets to clean up, Zee-Dee?"
    "Master Ezwin, I'm afraid janitorial duties are no longer part of my programming. You eliminated them yourself when you began modifying me."
    Ezwin gritted his teeth.
    "Well, then find someone who can clean up the mess before I *un*modify you. And make sure it's done when I get back."
    "Are you going to the Healers after all then, Master Ezwin?"
    "No. I'm going to take a shower," the Jedi Master responded as he left the room, managing to make even the simple statement sound sarcastic.

He took a turbolift up and over several levels until he reached the Master/Padawan living quarters. He got off and took a turn and groaned inwardly. Of all the people he could have met looking like this.
    The Jedi Master walking down the hall toward him was often mistaken for Depa Billaba and she happened to be one of the few Jedi Ezwin both respected and wished to have the respect of. And he did *not* want her to see him with globs of unidentifiable muck clinging to his robes, not to mention his reddened face and eyes.
    Unfortunately, it was too late to go back and find somewhere to hide.
    //Sith!// he thought
    //Spawn!// the other Jedi retorted in his head.
    Despite himself he grinned.
    "Jo-Mi! Hello! Heard you're going on the trip to Entrus! So lovely to have you with us!"
    Jo-Mi Tang was looking at him like she thought he's lost his mind, whether due to his appearance or his uncharacteristically gushing greeting was anybody's guess.
    Jo considered asking what had happened, but decided it would probably be more than she could handle without laughing herself to death.
    "I don't want to know," she said as she passed him, shaking her head.
    Ezwin grinned at her as she went by and then continued on down the hallway. As he did, he sensed her watching him walk away. He turned again at the end of the hallway and saw her standing there looking at him with a very amused expression on her face. For just a second, he felt uneasy, but then shrugged and walked on.

By the time he finally reached the rooms he shared with his Padawan, he was starting to itch and burn in various places on his body. He was used to this, though, after a lifetime of tried and failed experiements. He headed straight for the shower and stopped only momentarily when his Padawan appeared in the doorway to her room.
    She looked at him wide-eyed for a moment and then unconsciously mimicked Jo's reaction of moments ago.
    "I don't want to know."
    Ezwin smiled-

24. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    LOL! Ezwin is definitely an interesting character! Excellent post!

25. qoataza

qoataza Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.