main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

By the Sea Shore (JA - Round Robin)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by imzadi, Dec 28, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HaiGan

HaiGan Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2000
    How many times can that fire go out??! LOL! Someone needs to do something drastic to those Troydarian kids!

Post! Thanks to Jane Jinn for her contribution, and to both Jane and Renata for the loan of the characters.

"It's them, it's them!"

"Get them!"

"Yeeeeee....HAAA!"

The chorus of boyish shrieks and whoops cut through the sound of the boat's engines, dragging Renata's attention away from the disappearing eye in the water. A new note joined the roar of the motor, higher-pitched and brighter. A smaller craft zipped in from the side, headed straight towards the Jedi's boat.

"Dreadnaught dead ahead!"

"Man the guns!"

The tiny sea-swoop wobbled precariously beneath the top-heavy weight of the three Su boys. Wain the eldest crouched over the steering bars, while his two siblings hung on behind and tugged a pair of large water blasters into position.

"Dadadadadada!"

Twin streams of water hit the side of the motor-boat and spurted away to one side as the sea-swoop banked past the larger craft, cut beneath its prow and circled for another attack. The motorboat lurched and spluttered through the crest of the wave as Kiu swung to avoid hitting the three boys. Lazard's hand closed over hers on the tiller, helping to steady the vessel again.

"Stop that!" Renata shouted at the children. "You'll get yourselves killed!"

Lazard throttled back the engines to kill their speed in an attempt to prevent a collision. The Master's order and the slowing boat were taken as a further challenge by the three tearaways.

"They're dead in the water!"

"Finish them off, Mister Victory! Fire at will!"

"Take no prisoners!"

"Oh whoopee," muttered Lazard, although he could hardly get much wetter.

"Why does poor Will always get shot at?" Kiu wondered aloud.

Lazard blinked at her, then snorted with laughter. Kiu grinned back at him.

Renata pulled herself to her feet. "You will stop that this instant!" she demanded, her glare taking on a distinct similarity to a laser-cutter. The three boys gaped at her, and completely forgot to fire.

They also forgot to steer.

"Look out!" Lazard exclaimed as the sea-swoop headed in on a collision course with the motorboat. Before there was time to do anything else the water rose beneath them. A vast grey head split the surface, topped by a pair of enormous, bulging eyes. The little swoop toppled and capsized, spilling the three boys into the water. The motorboat slid sideways and then dropped back into the waves as the head vanished beneath the surface again.

"It's a Giant Krakanulp!" The eldest boy's panicked cry ended in a gulp as a wave slapped him in the face.

"Help!" shouted El-Vees, paddling towards the Jedi. "Jayare can't swim!"

As if to prove the point, the youngest boy waved a frantic hand before vanishing under the water.

"No!" Renata stopped Kiu or Lazard from leaping to help. "Find a rope to throw. If you jump in and he panics he could drag you under with him." She made her way forwards, looking for a suitable rescue line.

Lazard's expression growing suspicious as the youngest boy appeared again, hand still waving. His suspicions were confirmed when on the third appearance the boy sank more slowly, letting his arm drop gradually down into the water with his fingers being the last thing to slip from view.

Kiu caught Lazard's expression, watched the youngest boy's antics, and shook her head. "I think we should leave them, Mistress Raiu. They can all swim and it's not far to the island."

"Stop fooling!" Wain wailed as he overheard, grabbing at his little brother and hauling him back up. "I'm not kidding, that was a giant Krakana! We're done for!"

As if to prove his point a wave grew behind him, its pace increasing as it approached, its crest cut by the twin bulges of a pair of eyes. The boys took one look, and then started swimming for the motorboat at top speed. Lazard swallowed and got ready to set the boat in motion. Renata finally found a rope.

Kiu cast about for something useful, and found the bailer. As t

2. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    LOL! "Why does poor Will always get shot at?" Hehe, great stuff Hai Gan!

I've had something like that happen when I was up at my grandparents cabin. The boat nearly sunk, but I had never had so much fun in my life.

3. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    Oof, that was hilarious!! First the fire that wouldn't stay lit and then the three Su terrors and the way Renata handled them!! [face_laugh]

4. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Hendrix yawned and opened his eyes; something had woken him from a nice dream. He had fallen asleep while he had been sunbathing. Suddenly a head, with long wispy hair, backlit by the sun appeared hovering over him. He couldn?t see the face and he squinted at whoever it was with sleep-logged eyes. ?Are you an angel??

?Not likely,? said Sel.

Sitting up he gazed up at the sky the sun was much lower, Must be getting close to dinnertime, he mused. Stretching to get the blood moving in his muscles again he smiled at Sel. ?So, did you wake me up??

She nodded, ?We need to get the ball rolling on this plan of revenge.?

Hendrix got to his feet, and Sel began to laugh. ?Why are you laughing? What?s wrong with me??

?When you were done putting sun block on us earlier today, did you happen to wipe the excess off on yourself??

Looking down at his stomach Hendrix saw a large white handprint glaring back at him. ?Oh, I supposed I did.? He frowned again and wondered just how silly he looked.

Sel motioned for him to follow her. ?Now, I was thinking. What if we do this late at night? We could have a group of Padawans on the beach creating some kind of disturbance, one that will get all the Masters out of their cabins. Then the rest of us will sneak into the female cabin and get the water blasters back, and we?ll leave Obi-wan there.?

Hendrix nodded, ?How will we get him to stay put??

She shrugged, then said with an mischievous smile, ?Oh, I know, you could tell him that one of the Masters likes Qui-gon, and that there is a whole stack of love notes in there. He?ll be so obsessed with finding them he won?t notice us leaving.?

?Good plan. So now, we get to humiliate Obi-wan in a lightsaber fight and we get to get him in trouble with the Masters. What lovely Sith we would make.? Hendrix looked down at the sand and kicked at some of it in the air. ?So, uh, to change the subject a bit, do you really swoop race?? He looked at Sel from the corner of his eye.

?Look I already went over this?? began Sel.

But Hendrix cut her off, ?No, I believe you about your injuries, it?s just I am genuinely interested in swoop racing.?

Sel stopped walking. ?Really??

Nodding Hendrix continued, ?My Master is such a stick in the mud sometimes. Even when we go on missions, I have to get my adrenaline rush from somewhere.?

?Have you ever raced before??

?Twice. I happened to find a racing circuit when I was on a mission, and some of the racers convinced me to join. I wasn?t very good at it, but I didn?t fall off or anything.? He grinned, ?But after that I was hooked. I haven?t really had a chance to look for any races on Coruscant, been too busy, but maybe you could help me.?

Sel's face became guarded suddenly and she shook her head. "No, I don't think I can.? She started walking again, looking straight ahead.

Hendrix frowned. What was Sel?s problem? He had rumors about how antisocial she was, but he hadn?t figured that they were true. But from what he had just heard, they must be. She was too good to be wasting her precious time with him. And the only reason she'd been helping him was to amuse herself and make Obi-Wan look bad.. Strangely, he'd thought she was actually starting to like him?a little. And with a start he realized that he sort of liked her too. That just made it worse, first Tais, and now Sel. What was it with relationships with females? Romantic or not, they always failed.

Stiffly, he said, "Fine. Sorry I asked."

She looked at him and stopped again. "Look, it's not what you think.? She looked down at her feet, digging her bare toes into the sand. "It's just that?My master didn't know I had gone out to race and she wasn't too happy that I came back with half my skin scraped off. And when we go back to the Temple, she's going to have to explain things to the Council?we're going to have to explain things to the Council. So it's not likely that I'll ever be getting within a kilometer of a swoop bike again, let alone ridi

5. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    [face_laugh] Lol at Edana getting the fire going so easily. I wonder how long it will stay lit this time... :D

6. HaiGan

Nov 7, 2000
    Seems Sel has learned something from her experience. Good if Hendrix can learn from it without needing the swoop crash first!

Definately funny that Edana had so little trouble with the fire after Mace got his eyebrows singed! :D

7. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I really like Edana's character, she just quietly goes along and gets things done. I have a feeling there's a whole side of her we haven't seen yet, and really would love to see! (Maybe tonight at the dance?) B)

Okay, I re-read HG's last post, and am working on something, so just bear with me (I know Jane Jinn is chomping at the bit to go! :) )

8. HaiGan

Nov 7, 2000
    Go for it! :)

9. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Okay, here it is finally! Thank you Jane and HaiGan (who caught a spelling error) for double-checking it for me.

Short and sweet...

It was quite an impressive catch. Even the Su boys were impressed. Renata got the two Padawans to help her stow the enormous fish in the stasis locker to keep it fresh. It wouldn't be nearly enough for dinner, of course -not if the other Padawans had appetites like Kieran-but it would go a long way.

They pulled into the slip, and Renata easily jumped to the dock to secure the boat, before helping the others ashore.

"Now then," she began, frowning down at the Su boys, "about your behavior..."

Wain said a rude word, Jayare stuck his tongue out and Lazard and Kiu watched in shock as they started to run away. Only they didn't get very far. Their arms and legs were pumping furiously... and they were hovering about 6 inches off the ground. The two Padawans looked over at the Jedi Mistress in awe. Levitation was tricky enough with a stationary subject.

"Guess that's why she's a Master," mumbled Lazard. Kiu nodded.

Renata made her way over to the boys, taking her time. She stepped in front of them, crossing her arms across her chest and waited. They continued to try to run, then stopped and hovered there, staring at her with their mouths open.

"I believe we were going to discuss your behavior?" she said.

Wain looked frantically at his brothers. "Uh... we're sorry?"

"And what exactly are you sorry for?"

"Uh..." The boys stared at her.

Renata cocked an eyebrow. " 'Sorry' is such a knee-jerk reaction," she said, sighing. "People say it all the time, thinking that they will automatically be forgiven. But of course they don't mean it, and half the time they don't even consider what they are apologizing for. They say it because it's expected and it gets them out of trouble. So. What exactly are you sorry for?"

"Uh..."

"Getting caught?" said Lazard, who was beginning to enjoy himself. Kiu nudged him, looking anxiously at the Jedi Master. She gave them a Look, and returned her attention to the Su boys.

"Um... attacking your boat?" said Jayare.

"Squirting you with water cannons?" added El-vees.

"Uh..." Wain screwed his nose up, thinking. "Um... endangering your lives?"

"And?"

"AND?" The three boys stared at Renata in horror. There was more?

She began to pace around them in circles. "Swamping and destroying the swoop, which you will have to explain to the rental shop, breaking the regulations of the Coastal Watch regarding water traffic, recklessly driving the motor launch, inciting the krakana... am I leaving anything out?"

"No m'." The boys looked deflated, now. Abruptly, Renata released the Force and the three of them crashed to the deck.

"Is this the type of behavior your mother allows?" added Renata. Now the boys just looked frightened.

"Wh-what are you going to do to us?" whined El-vees.

"Turn us into snorgs?" added Jayare, half-hopeful.

"Aw, she can't do anything to us," scoffed Wain, continuing to eye her warily. "Jedi don't take revenge, everyone knows that."

Renata smiled sweetly. "You are quite correct. We do not seek revenge, we seek justice." She looked up the dock. "I will leave you in other hands to determine your fate. You may explain your actions to them."

"Huh?"

The two Padawans and the three boys looked up the dock at the large crowd marching towards them. Mrs. Su in hysterics, accompanied by May-Re, an angry Aqualish wearing a shirt bearing the legend "Quog's Seaside Rentals," a grim-looking officer in a Port Authority uniform, and several very wet, angry-looking beings.

The boys swallowed. Renata pursed her lips, considering the crowd.

"In future," she added, "I would be more cautious about whom to practice piracy on. Wookiees don't swim very well, and they are known for having rather bad tempers." Serenely, she folded her arms in her sleeves and began to walk towards the shore. "Come along," she called to the Padawans. "We have quite a lot to do."

The three Jedi headed for

10. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    LOL! That was great! Reminds me of some punishments I've had in the past.

And I'm glad you like Edana. I'm kinda letting her personality develope as I write, so who knows what will happen at the dance! :D

11. HaiGan

Nov 7, 2000
    Just as funny the second time of reading, Renata. :D

12. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    All right! The Su family meets Mistress Renata, as helpless as poor Tokyo under Godzilla! Excellent post! Loved the part about turning them into snorgs, and Jedi not seeking revenge but JUSTICE!

Now it's my turn, I guess. *gulp*

13. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    Great posts, Jodi, HaiGan, JGoC, and Renata!

Sel's plans to retake the water pistols and get Obi-Wan in trouble should be even more interesting considering the sand now in the Masters' beds. I wonder if he will be blamed for that as well? :D

Excellent scenes with the Su boys! The quiet conversations between Kiu and Lazard were great, and I liked how the boys were so intimidated by Mistress Renata. Strange that the Su boys remind me of some of my cousins!

14. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Tokyo under Godzilla? Um, thanks... I think! ;)

Okay. Who's up next? I don't want to become known as Darth Threadkiller...

15. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    Why are the Padawans ganging up on Obi-Wan??? Is he too talented and attractive? He hasn't been overly smug in this story! He seems like a pretty good kid! Those other Padawans need to be reminded that Jealousy is not a good trait in a Jedi!!

Give the poor boy a break!
    (Whoops, I probably shouldn't have mentioned THAT word! ;) )

16. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Well, Renata, perhaps that's not the most apt description I could have used.

Anyway, it's my turn next, but it's going to take a few days because there is a conspiracy to rob me of my writing time, and it's all I can do to smuggle out these few lines. Urgh!

17. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Brave Jane. Ya know, if you're looking for smugglers, I know a Corellian with a real fast ship... ;)

18. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    well, I am just about finished with Page 1. This is great. I look forward to having a lot to read! :D

19. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
  20. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    It's been over a month since a post! Where is every one?

21. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    I'm still here, hiding in the corner and feeling guilty because this is only my third priority, after my new Obi-Wan story, and then TLST. I haven't had any brilliant ideas for my next post. Sorry!

22. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Tsk, tsk... well I'll admitt I'm a bit stumped too. :p Maybe we should have a brainstorming session...

23. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    Up, so JGoC can post. :)

24. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    :) Here we are! A post! hehe...

Just trying to get a grip on where all the characters are... well most of them.

~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~

Qui-gon, Rumon, and Mace flew by Sel and Hendrix nearly knocking them over.

?Where?s Master Windu?s eyebrows?? wondered Sel. She watched the trio run down the beach and out of sight. From the direction they had come from a small tendril of smoke began to float lazily into the sky.

?Looks like someone got the fire going at least.? Muttered Hendrix. His skin was starting to feel tight and very sensitive; he must have burned it. ?Oh, hello Master Tiin.? The apprentice smiled at the Jedi who approached them.

?Did you see three grown men come by here acting somewhat like Padawans?? he asked curiously.

Sel jerked her thumb in the direction the Jedi Masters had run. ?Do you know what that was all about??

The Jedi Master shook his head. ?No, but that is what I am trying to discover.?

?Good luck.? Commented Hendrix as the Council Member followed the direction Sel had pointed. He turned back to Sel. ?So I think we need to inform the rest of the Padawans of our plan.?

Sel nodded. ?And we have to do it tonight. Too much waiting around and this will never get done.?

Hendrix was silent from a moment, thinking. ?We can confront the rest during the dance that?s planned for tonight. Do you think that would work??

?We can only hope.?

~@~@~@~@~@~

Edana watched the fire as it grew. Tais sat nearby watching it as well. The girl seemed lost in thought, but they were clearly about the Obi-wan/Hendrix situation. The Jedi Master poked at the fire with a long stick trying to urge more heat from it. Then she glanced back at Tais. ?You know Tais, off the record, I think my Padawan was behaving like an immature, half crazed, um, male. But then I suppose most of them all have tendencies to do that.? She looked in the direction that Rumon, Mace and Qui-gon had run.

The girl smiled. ?Yeah, I guess.? She let out an exasperated sigh and looked out toward the water. ?Um, Master Panacean, could I ask you for advice??

Perking up Edana smiled, rarely did she have a chance to dispense her ?guy? advice to anyone. Hendrix wasn?t interested in such things, and she hoped that he would never come to her requesting information in that area. ?Please go ahead.?

Tais smiled uncertainly. ?Well, uh, I kinda have a date tonight.?

?Oh??

?With Obi-wan. And-and I was wondering if you?ve ever heard of such a thing as Kenobi?s kupcakes??

Edana smiled, ?I?ve heard several things along those lines. But I wouldn?t trust what others say about Obi-wan. Find out for yourself. He?s a good kid inside, maybe a little too eager when it comes to trying to compete with others, but that?s something I know Qui-gon has been trying to condition him out of.? The Master?s look sobered. ?And if he does anything to you, break you heart or something else, remember that his Master, you Master and myself, along with any other Master on this trip will protect you and make sure he knows what he did is wrong.?

?Thanks.? Tais smiled, more confidently this time.

25. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Awww, JGoC, that was sweet! :)

And here I thought (or perhaps was hoping?) that everybody had forgotten about this story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.