main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

By the Sea Shore (JA - Round Robin)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by imzadi, Dec 28, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qoataza

qoataza Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2000
    Hey hi there!

2. qoataza

May 11, 2000
    You are all absolutely brilliant!

3. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    When Ezwin finally emerged from the fresher, his Padawan was still lounging in the living area of their suite.
    She looked as if she wanted to laugh and he glowered at her.
    "Sorry, Master. Hey, you're usually the first to laugh when your experiements go wrong."
    "Yeah, well, usually I don't end up giving half the Temple a show like that." He headed into the food prep area.
    Nalla grinned. "But you don't care about how half the Temple sees you--just one Master in particular." She raised her eyebrows at him suggestively.
    Ezwin whipped around. "What are you talking about?!?"
    "Oh, while you were in the fresher, a certain Jedi Master came by to make sure you were okay." She gazed at the ceiling. "And since I happen to know how you feel about that particular person..." She let her voice trail off.
    "And just how exactly do I supposedly feel about*that person* and how do you presume to know, Padawan?" His voice forewarned dire things for his Padawan, but Nalla ignored that.
    "Well, Master, you see, sometimes your mental defenses just aren't as strong as they should be and I can't help it if I'm good at reading minds."
    "You just watch it, Padawan," he said, pointing his finger at her. "If you say anything about this to anyone, you'll find the trip to Entrus more interesting than you ever expected."
    He decided he wasn't as hungry as he'd thought and headed for the door instead.
    "Where are you going, Master?"
    "Back to my lab. I've got an experiment to finish."
    When he reached his lab, he was gratified to find Zee-Dee just sending the last of a group of janitor droids away.
    "Master Ezwin, I say, you're looking much better."
    "Yeah, yeah, how's the lab?"
    "Well, sir, we were unable to save most of the equipment set out on the lab tables. I'm afraid the explosion was rather more than it could take, and--"
    Ezwin cut him off with a wave and surveyed the half-empty room. Only one of the lab tables remained and its surface was now pockmarked and stained. At least the chemicals he needed to finish his experiment were put away safely in a cabinet. He strode over to it and began taking down what he would need.
    "Would you like some help, sir? Perhaps I could--"
    Ezwin turned the droid around and gave him a shove out the door.
    "Well, really, sir." Zee-Dee's voice was cut off as Ezwin shut--and locked--the door behind him and then turned back to his work.
    An hour later he was at the point which had turned so disastrous the first time. This time, he added the drop as planned and then swirled the beaker contents around. There was a slight *poof* and the nasty-looking goo suddenly was transformed into a smooth, white, creamy substance.
    //Success!//
    He carefully poured it into a large, squeezable bottle he had ready and stoppered the top.
    "Perfect." He said out loud. *Now* he was ready for the trip to Entrus.
    Jo-Mi Tang stood quietly in her room, doing the last of her packing.
    She had already forgotten the incident with Ezwin. After talking to Nalla and assuring herself he was okay, she had returned to her own quarters. Peeking into her Padawan's room, she had seen two bags, packed and ready to go, and wasn't surprised that her Padawan was elsewhere.
    She had pulled a cold drink out of the fridge and gone to do her own packing.
    Now, an hour later, she had sunk back into the blue mood she was so familiar with.
    She didn't really want to go to Entrus. Jo was a woman of action; vacations weren't really her thing. She'd only agreed to go because she knew Sel wanted to go and she figured if the trip was a success, the Coucil might decide to let her start taking missions again. She'd been cooped up at the Temple for a year now and she didn't know how much longer she could stand it. Too little action, too many memories...
    //Maybe this trip is all the Council needs to convince them that I'm *fine* now. What happened on that last mission won't happen again. It was really just a fluke.//
    Her thoughts sped back to that day and the crowd pressing in around her. The shouts, the anger boiling up off the people as they pr

4. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Excellent posts so far!

5. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    WOW, I just got the chance to read this and its really awesome. Way to go guys!

6. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Thanks JediKnight-Obi-wan!

7. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Edana neatly folded her clothes up and placed them in her bag. Packing was something she didn't enjoy, but she didn't mind it either. She just wished she wouldn't have to repack her Padawan's bags, sometimes he could be so messy. Leaving her room she noticed Hendrix had just come out of his. "Finished packing?" she asked.

"Yeah, it was difficult but like a Jedi should, I took it in one stride and I beat the odds. After hours of struggle I managed to fit everthing into the bags." He smiled triumphantly.

Raising an eyebrow Edana asked, "do I need to repack your bags?"

Grinning he waved off the suggestion, "what! Don't even think about it. I know how to pack a bag, we've been on enough missions for me to learn how to fold clothes."

"I don't think folding clothes is something any male ever learns how to do properly." She sighed and peered into his room; sure enough his bags were bulging and clothes had been stuck in the zipper. Her padawan would never learn.

Hendrix licked his lips, "I'm hungry, how about we go get some food?"

Deciding to ignore the horrific state his bag was in Edana agreed, "sure, let's go."

The pair made their way down the hall and to the lift. Inside it they found Obi-wan also heading down.

He nodded, "hello Mistress Edana, Hendrix."

As lift started to move Hendrix nudged Obi-wan in the ribs. "Going to the mess or have you all ready eaten?"

"Oh I've eaten, but I'm getting a snack right now." He patted his stomach and smiled.

Hendrix gave a short laugh then said in a covert manner, "guess what? I got ten of them." Edana shot them a curious look, something was definetly up

"Ten! That's great," Obi-wan glanced at Edana, "Um, I mean, ten bottles of sunscreen should be good enough to keep you from getting sunburned too badly."

Edana shook her head at the failed attempt he had tried to hide whatever the two were trying to keep secret, "I won't ask." She said, then stepped out of the lift followed by the two adolecents, who lagged behind whispering conspiratorily.

8. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    LOL! What a lame cover story!! That was great!

9. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
  10. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    "As long as you're going to the laundry room this morning, I've got some things that have to be washed before we leave,"Hachas said.

Kiu looked up from her breakfast and sighed."Yes, master."

She hadn't been planning on going to the laundry room at all--not this morning, anyway. It was simply Hachas' way of telling her that his dirty clothes hamper was full--probably bursting. Secretly, she wondered if this was the real reason that Knights decided to take Padawans. They probably got tired of lugging laundry around, especially after missions, tidying their apartments, and washing their own dishes after unsuccessful attempts at cooking. Doing chores was supposed to keep Padawans aware of their humble status as Jedi, who lived only to serve, while clearing the way for masters to go out and save the galaxy on a regular basis. Masters were quick to explain that saving the galaxy wasn't as easy as it looked and they were by no means living in the lap of luxury while their Padawans slaved, but sometimes it certainly seemed that way.

"Do you think we'll need our waterproof cloaks while we're there?"she asked.

"You're not thinking of rain, are you?"Hachas asked in mock surprise.

"It's always best to be prepared, master. I've heard that it even rained on Tattooine--once."

"That's a legend,"Hachas grinned."But to set your mind at ease, if we're ever called to visit Tattooine, I'll pack our waterproofs myself. All right?"

"All right."She knew her master well enough to understand that if she wanted waterproofs for the trip, she could pack them herself. Biting back a yawn, Kiu finished her breakfast quickly and stood up. As she'd suspected, the dirty clothes hamper was indeed overfull, and she emptied it out onto the bed, sorting darks from lights, and stuffing two loads into the huge duffel bag that she'd cadged from Supplies during her first year as a Padawan.

In the laundry room, she was so surprised to see Master Tiin neatly folding freshly washed robes into a small bag that she stopped and stared for a moment, then bowed extra low. The duffel bag fell forward onto her head, and she had to slide it off her shoulder and onto the floor before she could straighten up again.

"Good morning, Padawan Waurk,"he said in his deep, resonant voice.

"G-Good morning, Master Tiin,"she squeaked, getting a look at his standard beige, Jedi-issue bathing trunks before his broad hands folded them into a perfect square and stowed them away.

"Did you sleep well?"he asked.

She shook her head, then answered,"No, Master Tiin."

"Dreams again?"

"Yes--"she stopped, wondering if she should tell him all the details right here in the laundry room, but was interrupted by a young Sullustan padawan, struggling in under a load similar to hers.

"There will be time to talk later,"Saesee Tiin said, picking up his small bag and bowing slightly before he exited.

Putting the laundry into two of the many machines in the long room, Kiu then returned to her apartment for the rest. A burst of music hit her as the door slid open, and she was treated to the sight of Hachas gyrating in the middle of the living room floor.

"Master!"she shouted, waving her arms to get his attention.

Hachas pulled the remote from his belt and lowered the volume, then said,"I'm just sorting out a few songs for the dance."

"The dance?"Kiu grimaced.

"Of course! Those long sultry evenings on the beach are just calling out for music."

"You were dancing?"Kiu teased."And I thought you were being electrocuted."

Hachas settled for one of his "master" looks, then asked,"So which name do you prefer? Shimmy on the Sands, or the Beach Ball?"

Kiu groaned at the pun."Doesn't your generation always refer to it as The Hop?"

"No, that was Qui-Gon's generation, but thanks for reminding me to put in a few pieces for him. Now the only question is, who's he going to dance with?"

"Who are you going to dance with, master?"

"Ven-Te Houk, of course."

Kiu grinned openly."Are you sure you can keep up with her?"

"Hey, they don't

11. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    With a groan, Gevan Jask opened his eyes. Lying on his back he stared at the ceiling. With a frown he noted that he wasn?t in his room. Rolling over, he discovered he was in fact on the floor of the common room of the quarters he shared with his Master. Confused, he tried to stand. Instantly regretting it as the room began to spin. Sitting down on the lounge, he held his head in his hands, waiting for his stomach to quieten. Looking up after a few long minutes, his eyes descended on the reason behind this. He realised with a start what it was. His Master?s Dreaka juice.

Waking slowly, Tais realised it was morning. Early in the morning, but morning none the less. Glancing at the chrono, she calculated that her Master would not be here to get her for at least an hour, that was when Master An-Paj usually started his shift.

Rising gingerly from her bed, Tais was careful not to wake the other patients. She definitely didn?t want An-Paj to be busy caring for them and thus have to wait to later to be released. Walking stiffly over to the bedside table, she took out the bag her Master had brought her things in and began packing.

A few minutes later, she sensed something odd through the Force, something that was familiar but unreadable for some reason. Looking up, she searched around the room for the source. Finding nothing she returned to packing, assuming it was nothing more than one of the patients stirring. When she had almost finished she felt the presence again and looked around sharply. Again there was nothing there, but she knew now that it wasn?t one on the patients. It was coming from further away than that. Setting aside her packing, she slowly crept out of the ward and into the rest of the infirmary.

She continued her silent journey through the corridors. Tais heard a noise from around the corner she was approaching and slowed. Gradually edging her way to the corner, she braced herself. The noise continued.

As quickly as she could she jumped out to confront the source of the noise. In her haste, she smacked face first into Master Hidara.
    ?Master Hidara! I?m so sorry! Are you alright?? she asked frantically searching the elderly man for injuries.
    ?Sh?alright luv. No harm done,? he drawled in a shaky voice, chewing on his lower lip. ?Though, jumping about corners giving an old man a fright is not appropriate behaviour!? He continued. ?Padawans these days! No respect! Back in my day?? his mutterings trailed off as he shambled away, his shoulders hunched over, and his slippers scuffing on the floor.

Heaving a sigh of relief, Tais began to make her way back to the ward. Walking through a silent corridor, she heard a noise again. Fearing Master Hidara may have lost his way, distracted by his mutterings, she went to investigate. Approaching a storage room, she reached out for the handle. The noise was definitely coming from in there. Opening the door, she walked cautiously inside, squinting in the darkness.

?Tais!? a voice yelled in surprise.
    ?Gevan! What are you doing in here? You scared me!? She hissed approaching where he stood over a crate of medical supplies.
    ?Oh sorry,? he responded lamely.
    ?So what are you doing here? I thought you started later, with Master An-Paj.?
    ?Oh, nothing,? he answered, nonchalantly putting a hand behind his back.
    ?What have you got there?? she asked, pointed to the hand behind his back.
    ?What? Oh, um nothing,? Gevan fumbled, trying to sound casual.
    ?Come on! Let?s see!? she prompted excitedly, pulling at his arm. Giving in, Gevan showed her what he had in his hand. She looked at it curiously.
    ?What is it?? she asked furrowing her brow.
    ?Uh, just some medicine,? came Gevan?s nervous answer.
    ?What? Are you sick?? her concern grew.
    ?Uh no, not really.?
    ?Well what do you need it for?? she continued grabbing it out of his hand to examine the container.
    ?This? this is a hangover cure!? Tais asked for an explanation in disbelief. This was not like Gevan at all!
    ?I drank some of Master?s Dreaka juice.?
    ?Do

12. HaiGan

HaiGan Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2000
    "Hey, they don't call me Ha-cha-cha for nothing!" , HA! Nice posts, everyone, some good plotlines developing here. I'd post a morning thingie myself, but I'm too tired to think right now, so don't wait for me before skipping on to the next bit if anyone wants to move things along.

13. Ladybeth

Ladybeth Jedi Youngling

Oct 6, 2000
    Hey, Imzadi! This is so cool! Personally I think Gevan and Tais should get together, but that's just me.

Beth

14. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Hmm... what shall I post?

15. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    How about passing out those water blasters now and having the Padawans make a surprise visit to the Council....
    Just kidding!!!

16. HaiGan

Nov 7, 2000
    A post! A post! A bonny, bouncing post!

"Hup! Hup! Hup! Hup!" Master Ven-Te's strident voice could be heard long before she came into view. "Keep it up! That's the way! Not much further!"

"How *puff* far *wheeze* is *gasp* not *cough* much *pant* further?"

"Save your breath for running, young man! I knew all that studying couldn't be good for you! You've gone soft!" Two figures appeared around the side of the Temple building, sprinting out of the light of the rising sun. Ven-te was in the lead, bounding along at an enthusiastic gallop that threatened to trample any smaller beings who got too close. Lazard trailed in his Master's wake like flotsam after a storm, and nearly collided with her as she came to an abrupt halt. "Press-ups now, on the double. One, and two, and three..."

Lazard could feel his arms rebelling. "You did want to go on that trip, didn't you? *huff* Only I think I'm going to be dead *oof* before I get the chance to find out just how much I won't enjoy it."

"Nonsense! Good, healthy exercise never hurt anyone! Keep going! Seven, and eight, and nine..."

'One of these days I'm going to kill her.' Lazard thought to himself. 'If she doesn't kill me first. Maybe I could claim self-defense...'

"...eighteen, nineteen, twenty..."

""I think I'm starting to believe in re-incarnation."

"...twenty-two, twenty-three... what?"

"I must have done something really terrible in a past life."

"Oh, tish and piffle! ...twenty-six, twenty-seven... You'll thank me for this one day! ...twenty-nine, thirty, and rest."

Lazard collapsed full-length on the ground, grateful for the cool stone of the Temple courtyard against his flushed face.

"You're not going to make me do this every morning while we're away, are you?"

"Of course not!" Ven-Te exclaimed in surprise. Lazard stared at her. "Why waste all that lovely ocean?" the Master continued, and Lazard closed his eyes in dread. "We'll have a nice early-morning session of Sendai for everyone, followed by a lovely, refreshing swim and a brisk run to dry off afterwards. It will make such a good start to the day!"

"Good," said Lazard, firmly.

"Good?" Ven'Te's brow wrinkled, and she set a worried hand to her padawan's forehead.

Lazard smiled. "Why should I be the only person to suffer?"

Ven-Te shook her head in tolerant amusement. "Rascal. Up with you, now! A little stretching, and then another run to cool down."

Obi-Wan sat cross-legged on the ground. His eyes were closed and his breathing was slow and even, but his faint frown showed that he was finding his lesson difficult. Qui-Gon sat in a similar position, his expression serene as he instructed his padawan. "Reach out with your senses. Feel the Living Force that connects you to each rock and tree..."

"Hup! Hup! Hup!" Ven-Te shattered the tranquility more effectively than a charging Bantha at an Alderaani Peace Ceremony. "Keep up... Why!" The master stopped suddenly, and once again Lazard barely avoided a collision. "Master Jinn!"

Qui-Gon started, and only just kept his horror from showing in his expression. The tall Master was a morning person, but to his mind there was something almost indecent in Ven-Te's enthusiasm for greeting the dawn with vigorous exercise. Her endless fount of energy made him feel old, and her voice tended to make his eardrums ache.

Obi-Wan sniggered. <You should have been more in tune with the Living Force, Master. Then you would have sensed her coming.>

"Your padawan's looking a little pale," Ven-Te continued, cheerily. "A little lightsaber practice would soon sort that out. Would you like to join us?"

Behind Ven-te's ample figure Lazard rolled his eyes at Obi-Wan, then gawped as the other padawan leaped to his feet. Obi-Wan was glad of any excuse to get out of his lesson. "Yes please!"

"That's the spirit!" Ven-Te made a small punching gesture with her fist.

Qui-Gon sighed. There was little chance of Obi-Wan making any further progress with his lesson now. "Very well. There is time for a short practice before lu

17. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    HaiGan, I'm grinning all over!

18. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Hendrix wandered down the Temple's hallway aimlessly. He had already had a training session with his mistress and she had given him a rare break. //Maybe I'll go see if I can get in to see Tais I think she is being released today.//

"Hey Hendrix! Wait up!" Obi-wan jogged down the hallway and caught up with Hendrix. "What are you doing?"

He shrugged, "Right now nothing, what about you?"

"Uh I just had another impossible session with Qui-gon, then I was rescued by Ven-te and Lazard. We had started sparring but Lazard hurt his wrist."

Hendrix had hoped he could see Tais alone, but it looked as if Obi-wan was going to want to go as well. "Actually I was going to see Tais as she is liberated from An-Paj's prison."

Obi-wan brightened, "great! I'll come too."

The two made their way to the infirmary and entered the waiting room. Gevan was in there as well and greeted them, "Hey guys! Come to see Tais released?"

Hendrix kept his attraction to Tais no secret, "yeah, do you think she'll be happy to see me? Maybe as a celebration she and I could go somewhere."

Obi-wan raised an eyebrow, "why would she want to go out with you?"

Gevan laughed,"well she is haveing a final examination right now but she should be out soon."

The trio sat down in a few chairs to wait Tais' release. Hendrix then casually commented, "so are you feeling better Gevan? You were pretty out of it last night."

Obi-wan looked curiously at Gevan who had suddenly turned red. "Were you sick or something last night? What was the matter?"

Gevan looked down at his feet and mumbled, "it's nothing guys, I'm feeling much better now."

~~~~~

OK imzadi post away!

19. HaiGan

Nov 7, 2000
    Hee! Padawan convention at the healers. An-Paj will think they're all sick, turning up voluntarily... ;)

20. qoataza

May 11, 2000

Yeo Abazi analyzed his new comlink while attempting to assort the items upon his table. The gadget was waterproof and perfect for the upcoming trip. Quickly, he activated it. The device immediately resonated with a voice he knew.

?Yeo. I?m all packed and ready!? It was his mentor Eeth Koth, a Jedi Master and member of the Council.

Yeo answered with the new comlink. ?Hey Eeth.? When they weren?t in the company of other Jedi, Eeth Koth preferred that his padawan call him by name rather than by the typical master title. Yeo was punching a keypad sequence into his holopad as he listened to his new comlink for Eeth?s response.

Again, the familiar voice spoke. ?How are we, Yeo?? his master asked. Yeo tilted his head and let out a laugh. He wondered how other beings reacted when Eeth Koth addressed them as ?we?. His master had always used the term loosely, often meaning ?you?.

Yeo responded quite jocularly. ?Oh just fine, my friend. And we?? He emphasized the word.

Eeth?s reply came quickly. ?Okay. I?ve been waiting for you to use the fresher already!?

-Oh yeah!- Yeo thought to himself. He was supposed to tidy himself up before he had continued to pack. His master, Eeth, had always allowed Yeo to go first when they both needed the washroom. This was because it usually took Eeth Koth an unbearable amount of time to use the lavatory. It drove Yeo as berserk as a Tusken Raider!

Typically, it only took Yeo a few standard minutes to complete his fresher activities. Eeth Koth had realized all this as soon as Yeo had become his padawan. It was only fair to let Yeo go ahead of him, so that the boy could get more important things done while Eeth monopolized the fresher unit.

Yeo Abazi began to walk towards the washroom while analyzing the results upon his holopad. With his other hand, he once again used the comlink. ?I?m going now,? he said to the interface. He laughed again, this time at the notion that his master was just in the next room and they were using comlinks. In fact, Eeth Koth waved to him humorously as he went by the main room on his way to the fresher.

Instead of continuing the brief chat with the comlink, Eeth Koth deactivated the device and simply yelled to his apprentice. ?Hey, now don?t be too long in there!?

Once more, Yeo had to laugh. ?Come on! You know me,? he shouted back, just before the washroom door whooshed to the occupied position.

Yeo placed his holopad and comlink upon the plasteel counter with haste. He always moved fast within the lavatory. The boy found any type of routine activity really dull, which is why he wasn?t packed and ready yet.

Yeo always seemed to want excitement, and he frequently ignored things until the minute before they had to be done. Whether it was homework, chores, or training assignments, Yeo Abazi always put it off somehow. And this distaste for monotonous activity affected his training as well. He would much rather be dueling with his lightsaber than practicing mental blocks by meditation. Then there was his master, Eeth Koth, who was always ready. The pair complemented each other well.

Yeo ran the water immediately after putting his items upon the counter. He then took a disposable orabrush from the nearby emplacement and soaked it in the beaker of thyxo paste. The boy quickly looked over at his holopad next to the sink as he began to brush vigorously. But before he could analyze the results he had keyed, he heard extremely loud banging at the door.

?Let?s go, padawan!? Eeth Koth clamored from the main room jokingly. Yeo instantly knew that he was kidding. His master always joked about how fast Yeo was in the washroom.

It had been a change of pace for Yeo to have Eeth Koth around so often recently. Eeth was rarely there during the day due to his Jedi Council duty. Being a council member forced him to be at the main chamber of the temple quite often. Almost daily. The countless meetings kept him ridiculously busy.

His apprentice, Yeo, liked the freedom a lot. He wasn?t constantly being supervised like his fellow padawa

21. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Ooh, Qoataza, that was great! Two wonderfully original characters and lots of amusing details. This story is starting out so well. We'll really going to have some fun here.

22. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Kieran squinted at the datapad. <Twelve yards of repulso net? What on Coruscant does she want that for?>

Her commlink buzzed. "Kieran?"

The girl tossed her brown queue over her shoulder and suppressed a mental sigh as she responded. "Yes, Mistress?"

"Try to see if you can get the Solascreen brand. It's a 75 factor." Kieran rolled her eyes. They had 4 tubes of sunscreen already.

"Yes, Mistress. How are the negotiations going?" They weren't going to be able to leave the planet until the treaty between the Klaavi and the Ilorians was concluded, and the question of the ownership of the statuettes from the Temple of Nigle was resolved.

"We're...taking a little break." Kieran groaned. She knew that tone of voice. There had been a setback. "But," continued Renata, "I wanted to see how you're doing?"

"Fine. Do...do you think the negotiations will take much longer?"

Renata sighed. "The Ilorian Ministry of Culture is being very...persistent. Understandably, of course. The Nigle Figures are a main tourist attraction of the Museum of Baskara, and returning them to the Klaavi would mean a corresponding loss of revenue, not to mention leaving a gap in their collection. But I'm sure the Museum Director will come around in time."

"In time!" Kieran tried not to wail. The retreat would be over before they ever got there!

"The mission comes first, Padawan. Remember that. That is why we are here, the justification for our existence. Of those to whom much has been given, much is expected. Still, I'll do my best to keep things going. Oh...hats. Perhaps you should look for hats. With wide brims, to keep off the sun. Yes. Must run, the Ambassador has recovered conscious--er, I mean, he's ready to start. Right. I'll see you at dinner tonight, and you can give me an update. And don't forget the sunscreen."

"Solascreen 75. Yes, I've got it." Kieran switched off the commlink and sighed, wishing she could take a lightsaber and smash the stupid statues into dust! At the rate the Ambassadors were going, she'd never see the ocean...

<No. I'll see the ocean. She promised. And no matter how annoying she can be, she's never once broken her promise to me.> Reassured, Kieran looked back at the list. Twelve yards of repulso net...

23. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    OOooo... this is getting good.

24. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    Yes it it JGOC, everyone's contributions have been excellent!

As An-Paj bustled off to examine Lazard, Tais couldn?t help but feel sorry for her fellow Padawan. Master Ven-Te?s ?enthusiasm? was legendary.
    ?Master, can we go now?? Tais asked, in an almost whining tone.

?Careful Padawan, anyone would think you didn?t like the infirmary,? he joked as he hefted her bag. Looking at her Master, Tais wondered how long he would be keeping his new goatee. She had only just gotten used to his short ponytail. She stifled a laugh as he saw her looking at him. Rumon gave her a quizzical look, wondering what was so funny. No matter how hard she tried to suppress her laughter, he could sense her mirth through their bond.

?Come on, let?s go,? he guided her with his free hand. Studying her with his cloudy green eyes, Rumon noted that she still seemed to be moving a little stiffly. However he was glad to see her skin had regained its usual colour and that she was in high spirits. It was clear she would soon be fully recovered.

As they walked slowly out of the infirmary, Tais stopped momentarily to give Lazard a sympathetic smile.

Continuing towards the door, Tais noticed that she was already tired, but she wasn?t going to let that stop her. If her Master knew how tired she was, he would undoubtedly order her to remain in their quarters and rest. And after spending nearly a week in the infirmary, she wanted to catch up with her friends and have some fun.

Absently rubbing the bacta patches on her stomach, Tais walked along side her Master, who had adjusted his stride so she could keep up.

Tais grinned as they finally exited the infirmary. ?Freedom!? she thought, her Master chuckling when he picked up on the thought. As they walked slowly down the corridor towards the waiting area, both Rumon and Tais spotted a trio of sitting Padawans. Tais? smile grew when she realised who they were.

?Tais, hey!? Hendrix greeted brightly as they all rose to meet her. Noticing how uncomfortably she walked over to them, Obi-wan winced in sympathy. Rumon still at her side, she regarded her three friends, Gevan in particular, who still looked a little green.

?What are you guys doing here?? she asked.
    ?We came to see you of course,? Hendrix explained with a smile.
    ?Well here I am,? she answered, oblivious to his tone.
    ?Yes, here you are,? Hendrix grinned. His behaviour did not go unnoticed by Master Zeehan, who raised an eyebrow. That alone had the desired effect, he looked rather intimidating, he was a tall, solid man after all. Characteristics he found quite useful in negotiations, particularly with hormonal males.

?So how are you feeling?? Obi-Wan asked in genuine concern.
    ?Much better,? she answered quickly, not really wanting to discuss her injuries. ?By the way, thanks for the letter. I really appreciated it,? she added shyly.
    ?No problem,? Obi-Wan quietly answered.
    ?We should get going Padawan, we are meeting Master Windu in the gardens,? Rumon spoke up.
    ?Well it?s good to see you again. Maybe we can catch up at lunch,? Tais suggested. Receiving a broad smile from both Obi-Wan and Hendrix, she turned and followed her Master down the corridor.

Regarding both of his friends, Gevan just shook his head and chuckled.

Back in his quarters, Obi-Wan sat glumly thinking about his friends. It was clear that Hendrix had a crush on Tais. And for her part she seemed totally unaware of it. Obi-Wan wondered how that was possible; Hendrix was so obvious. <They wouldn?t make a good couple,> Obi-Wan thought. <He?s not her type,> he concluded just as his Master entered his room.

?Padawan, I thought we could return to the gardens to complete this morning?s exercise,? Qui-Gon suggested, noting how his Apprentice brightened at the idea.

<Master Zeehan said that he and Tais were meeting Master Windu in the gardens, didn?t he?> Obi-Wan thought.

?Of course Master,? Obi-Wan grabbed his robe and followed his Master out of their quarters.

25. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Uh oh, the relationship between Hendrix and Obi should get interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.