main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"By the way,I think you might be needing this". Commander Cody figure coming!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by OBIX1, Sep 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    Woot! It looks like we'll be getting a Commander Cody figure later this year after all!

http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=94855

http://cargobay.starwars.com/webapps/cargobay/item-detail/18271

This is excellent. Now I can complete my army of Clones. [face_mischief]:D

2. DarthVictor7

DarthVictor7 Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2005
    I am assuming this will be an animated version as the 3 packs mentioned are in honour of the DVD release of Clone Wars V.2? Can anyone confirm? If so, it does not help me as I choose not to collect the animated figures.:(

3. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    I can't confirm it, but I that's the same conclusion I came to, DarthVictor7. The announcement threw me off because it would seem to me that they'd need to make an entirely new figure for Cody and couldn't use an existing form (though I may be wrong, I didn't follow the animated line too closely), and these multipacks seems to be repacks more often than not. I'll be interested to see some pictures.

4. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I wasn't sure which type of figures these were going to be. If it's the animated version, then we'll be getting an all new Saesse Tiin, and Commander Cody. They also list a regular Clonetrooper as well.

As I remember him, Cody appeared once in the cartoon dressed in RotS Clonetrooper armor, but with a jet pack. I wonder if they'll have an all new RotS helmet sculpt for him and the regular Clonetrooper that comes with one of the sets.

This doesn't seem likely to me because usually all these sets are just re-packs. :confused:

5. WedgeAntilles1

WedgeAntilles1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2002
    I say it's an animated version to celebrate teh release of Clone Wars volume 2.

6. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    It'll probably be the animated version, since they released packs of three like this in conjunction with the Volume 1 DVD release.

7. OBIX1

Oct 7, 2002
    Darn,in my excitement I didn't even notice that. Oh well,at least we'll get some kind of Cody figure,even if it's animated. :)

8. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    Again, I have to ask if these will really be new figures since in the past it's been all re-sculpts.

9. Somnambulist_ZZZ

Somnambulist_ZZZ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2005
    Probably. I thought I remembered reading the Episode III Cody wouldn't be out until next year sometime.

10. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    I also think it's the animated version. Hopefully Obi-Wan will also be in his Clone armor then.

As for the standard Cody action figure, I do hope Hasbro makes an entirely new figure, instead of just a repaint.

11. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if they are animated they will be new sculpts. There were rumors of another go at the animated line long, long ago. They mentioned that there would be packs of them and that there would be some new sculpts in there.

We'll have to see. This could be very cool or it could be one of the many times that cargo bay has gotten a little confused.

BTW in the catoon Cody did have the same helmet style as he did in ROTS. It was just "shot" straight on when we saw him.

12. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Ugggh we don`t get a Cody and he actually talked....

13. Majik_Monkee

Majik_Monkee Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Nobody said we don't get one...it sounds like we're getting at least an animated figure, and the word was that the Saga line might be giving us the regular one later on...

14. JaersteinCysse

JaersteinCysse Jedi Master star 1

Apr 21, 2004
    I might be mistaken, but I thought they released some non-animated based figs that had the tagline "clone wars."

15. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    They did, though that was a while back. There was some discussion about those figures not too long ago on one of the other threads here...

16. weezer

May 16, 2001
    There were non-animated clone wars figures but what we're seeing points to these being animated.

Rebelscum had a Q&A about them today and they mentioned that the Tinn might be a retooled Mace which IMO would be cool as hell. Mace's pose was just about perfect so Tinn's would be as well. It would be really nice if he had the helmet but I don't think I'm going to hold my breath on that one.

17. pretender

pretender Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    If its going to be labled "Clone Wars Volume 2" then I hope it in the animated style.

An animated style General Kenobi with trooper outfit, Comander Cody, and General Grievous (even though I have G) would be sweet.

So would a Volume 2 styled Anakin (longer hair), Trooper (RotS mask), and Saesee Tiin.

Live action style- I wouldn't need the other figures, just a Cody. I do hope they release more single carded troopers.

They do list the three pack of villins and the three Jedi packas being "DVD commemerative". Those are re-packs of the Animated figures. Hmmm. [face_thinking] I guess it could go either way.

18. WedgeAntilles1

WedgeAntilles1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2002
    Rebelscum has some pictures of an animated cody that they think is the cody in question.

19. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I'd say thats it. :D

I like the re-tooled ST too. Can't wait to see Anakin and the others.

Edit: BTW here are the picks. http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=95043

20. OBIX1

Oct 7, 2002
    Well,even if it is animated,that's a pretty cool looking Cody figure anyway. :cool:

21. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    Commander Cody and the Clonetrooper look excellent. I'm hoping Saesse Tiin is in all his Outer-space battle glory. This also gives me hope that the Anakin and Obi-wan figures may also be RotS Animated style. Now if only they'd re-paint a Republic Gunship in the snarling war-paint style featured in the opening of the Second Season.

22. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Yeah, it looks like all thats getting re-used is the bodies. I'm really looking forward to these now. I'm sure we're going to get an excellent Anakin, Obi, and maybe just maybe a really nice helmeted Tiin.

23. RolandofGilead

Jan 17, 2001
    This is just cool enough to get me to buy another Gunship:

[image=http://foobish.org/images/thumb-cwpaint3.png]
    Clone Wars Cartoon

[image=http://foobish.org/images/thumb-cwpaint1.png]
    Clone Wars Cartoon

[image=http://img239.exs.cx/img239/2158/customs20122qr.jpg]
    Someone's Custom Paintjob

:cool:

24. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    That's pretty cool...I haven't seen most of the CW cartoons, but that paint job looks just like the cartoon. The new animated figs look good too...

25. OBIX1

Oct 7, 2002

That is just too awesome! :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.