main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BYOB Kenobi says: "Run faster and jump higher... Go to FilmCon this year!!"

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by BYOB_Kenobi, Apr 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tello999

tello999 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    Is anyone going to bring a costume to FilmCon, will I be alone?

2. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    I'm not good with the costumes, so I'll just be there in my normal fare -- Dork.

As for Firefly, I'll volunteer my room, if it's okay with my roomie (whom I haven't heard from in a while, so I don't know if he's still coming).

3. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    I'll be wearing my Stormtrooper armor at least part of the time, for as long as I can stand to do so. The inability to sit down and the fact that I'll need to strip off half my armor to use the toilet are probably going to cut into my costume time though.

4. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    I'll be dressed as a bitter and jaded JC midbie.

5. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    Anyone who wants to wear a costume should bring it. I brought mine last year. Won't be bringing it this year. Won't go into the reasons here.

6. BobaBen

BobaBen Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    I will be wearuing my jedi Costume on Saturday. Provided it does not get to tight. By the way can some tell me the adress of the hotel?

7. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Radisson Inn West
    517 Grand Canyon Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

(608) 833-0100

8. Kylash_327

Kylash_327 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2002
    I'm going to be wearing 3 different costumes, one each day. Friday: Aragorn, Saturday: Jango Fett, Sunday, Alucard from Hellsing.

9. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    I will be wearing my Leia costume on Saturday. :)

10. tello999

tello999 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    Good. In that case, I'll be in my Jedi robes on Saturday.

11. BobaBen

Mar 17, 2002
    Cant wait to meet you all

12. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    I'll be dressing like the Emperor in his new clothes. :eek:

13. Kylash_327

Kylash_327 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2002
    Yay, Im so excited, I get so every year. I've been going to this con since back when it was called Mad Media in 98. We're gonna have so much fun!

14. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    I will be wearing my Sith costume for the costume competition Saturday evening - otherwise Beret would kill me! :)

15. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    I'm going to wear my Jedi costume (sans robe, most likely) on Saturday. I'll be in Madison by 5:30-ish on Friday. Are we going to have a Milwookie room party or anything? Oh, and I'm up for watching Firefly. Haven't seen it yet, so I might as well.

16. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    Right now, the Firefly showing seems to be a Milwookie gathering. I have never watched the show because I sleep at that time because I work Friday night. Am I still welcome? Did we decide where we will be watching it?

17. BobaBen

Mar 17, 2002
    Can i come too?

18. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    'Course you're welcome. We'll figure out where we'll be by 7 on Friday, I'm sure.

Jeff

19. jedihexer

jedihexer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    Where will you be?

Hopefully at opening ceremonies. Yes we open the convention at 7pm...the reason?
    To go over stuff that occures at the last minute. So, PLEASE make it, tape the show if you can, and watch it latre. We will have plenty of video machines to play it on. PROMISE.

Please note this new update/ after this note. Here we go folk's. Once more unto the brink!

Eric

20. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    You realize if I miss it this week, it'd be three in a row. I can't do that to myself.

21. jedihexer

jedihexer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    Less than 48 hours to go, and yes I am going nuts!

But I am having fun doing it. This year has been both difficult and wonderful at the same time.
    I realized how many friends I have out there, and how many people love this little con so much. The thing that gets me is all the support I have received in the last two weeks.

So many have asked if they could volunteer and help out. While others have donated many things to the auction. The fact is while everyone contributes something, it is the small acts of kindness and generosity that makes it worth all the effort.

So to everyone who has helped so far...THANKS A LOT!

To everyone who has come before, I thank you for your continued support. And to those who will be joining us for the first time...I'm glad you feel this is a worth while convention to support!

Now on to the updates...

1. For the charity auction. We have TONS of neat stuff this year. Those rare Jorg Sucal figures, and some very rare lenticular sheets I will be donating. Some great videos and books from around the world, to many, many posters and collectibles. This year we have a plethera of things...something for everybody. We also have the white Bantha Sale. This is a small group of items that will be under $10 each, in the dealers room. I need volunteers to help man this table.
    1-2 hour shifts if possible. All the profits go to the charity.

2. Special Classes. Light sabers, Stunts, and Green Screens. You must sign up for this at the time you register at the main table. For those going to the saber classes, please remember to bring a 4 foot 3/4" dowel, for your light saber. You will also have to sign a consent form.
    Remember there are 2 classes. The stunt class will be great. So I hope just as many sign up for it. There you will be shown how to move with a saber, not just to attack.

For the Green screen class. I recommend dressing lightly. It will get very warm with all the lights and such. The panel was moved up to 5pm. Paul's storyboarding class will be moved back. to the evening slot.

3. We will be showing the Ewok films earlier in the day, that is to get them both in and to make sure there is something for people arriving early. Remember...not all people like these little guys. But these are official stories, and some people have NEVER seen them before. Not to mention, some Ewoks get killed in the second film. (I am not laughing! ;)

4. Mark Nelson of Raven software has donated to the auction "2" copies of Jedi Outcast. AUTOGRAPHED by the entire team who created the game! There are only these 2, and trust me no others will ever be made. These are rare items. Mark will also be teaching a class on creating aliens for the star wars universe on Saturday afternoon. This is going to be a great panel for gaming fans and for those who want to make fan films. So bring something to draw with. This promises to be a fun time!

5. For those wanting to buy stuff at the auction. No item goes over $300. So if possible, if you plan to buy a lot, please bring cash. Last year several checks did bounce, and there is little in way of getting the funds recovered for the charity. We will also have bags this year that you can buy cheaply, to carry all your booty home in- they happen to be Star Wars poster bags!
    Checks will also be accepted. Please be sure to show us ID if you are using checks. We cannot process credit cards. At the auction or at registration.

6. Please bring camera's and video camera's. We encourage taping of the panels, and the events. It's more fun to share later.

7. For the costume contest. Everyone must assemble 1/2 hour before the contest to be pre-judged. It also helps to organize the event! You must register for this when you sign up at the time of entrance. there will be entertainment during the show.

8. For those coming for the film panels. We have had a lot of interest in the last 2 weeks. PLEASE be on time for the panels, and come early. The reason is we have a finite amount of seats. And there will be tables for you to take notes on. You may also bring l

22. Jedi_Bane

Jedi_Bane Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    heh, been a while since I've been on the F.net boards... also been a while since I've given any thought to filmcon... then again, thinking doesn't seem to be one of my strong points lately...

well, have fun at filmcon all, it pains me greatly to miss it, but it would seem that "your destiny lies along a different path from mine."
    have fun

23. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Is everybody just meeting at the Raddison on Friday?

I may be later than I thought. A friend of mine is making his CD cover on Friday and I told him I'd help him take the pictures for it.

24. Outlander_

Outlander_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    Are there any plans to meet up somewhere? We are debating whether or not to get a room...if there are any left, and for what night. We can't do both nights unfortunately.

Also what are the plans for the Packer game if any?

25. FennShysha

FennShysha Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    This is a dumb question, but what is a dowel and where is a good place to purchase one?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.