main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BYOB Kenobi says: "Run faster and jump higher... Go to FilmCon this year!!"

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by BYOB_Kenobi, Apr 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Outlander_

Outlander_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    A dowel is a wooden rod, and you can find them at any hardware store.

2. jedihexer

jedihexer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    Plenty of rooms left and plenty of space at the con...SO you better come. If the room night gets bad...let me know, I might beable to get one for Saturday crash space!

C'MON PEOPLE...A WEEKEND OF STAR WARS.

3. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I'm packing right now!

I leave tomorrow night, but I'll be working at the Westgate Mall all day Friday. I'll be ready to go come Friday around 4-5 though.

I'm really starting to get excited about this one!

4. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    I know a place that sells dowels on the cheap. . . ;)

Jason
    Manager, Drews Variety

5. BobaBen

BobaBen Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    15 more hours till Party time. Whoo Hooo

6. Sith_Steve

Sith_Steve Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2002
    The QC Jedi Order well be there at 10 am on Friday. And we are very much looking forward to the Fan Force Partys ;-). Is film con in a good part of town?

Thanks,
    Steve
    TK-4444
    V.P. QCJO

7. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    The dowels were $2.44 at Home Depot when I bought them for Evan and I. I also bought a kind of rubber hose to be a handle. Each was less than $5. They are the right size and don't need to be cut. Just ask a salesperson in the lumber area.

8. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    I hope to see you all. Evan and I will be there early Friday afternoon. This is a field trip for him and all of you must make it as educational as possible. Please, I mean that in a positive sense since there are some things I don't wish him to learn from you. He needs to develop a greater respect for the Galaxy Far, Far Away.

9. SameSithDifferentDay

SameSithDifferentDay Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2001
    The west side of Madison is very nice. It's the antithesis of the debaucherous, deviant, hippie drug culture of the slums of downtown near the Capitol.

10. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    Gochi & I will be leaving Chicago about 6am tomorrow. Can't wait!

And for those who haven't been there before, the hotel is very nice, the staff wonderfully helpful, food places are nearby and it's not far from a shopping mall.

11. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    Don't worry Mara, we know how to behave in front of the youngins.

12. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    I will be leaving from the NW Chicago 'burbs around 10am, which should put me in the Madison area by noon. See y'all there!

13. FennShysha

FennShysha Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    Bwing, I just stopped by Drews Variety to get a dowel on my lunch break. I was the only other guy in the store so I assumed you weren't working.

14. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Check out the front page of TF.N. Filmcon is on the latest news. :)

15. Com_Link_Jammin

Com_Link_Jammin Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2002
    I hope to be up there by 8AM on Sat. and will say until everything ends on Sun. I hope to meet as my force members as possible. It's going to be a blast.

16. BobaBen

BobaBen Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    were leaving at 7am tomrrow. Should be there by noon. Whoo Hoo

17. Outlander_

Outlander_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    A little debaucherous deviation never hurt anybody...much. :) See you all at the con.

18. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Well, Bob and I will be seeing you tomorrow, but Saturday is the only day we can attend. Poor Bob is working during the week in Michigan, and he needs to rest and recoup before he leaves again Sunday night.

But there is the very good chance I won't be coming in costume. :( Just not enough time, guys, to make the necessary adjustments. Unless a miracle occurs (or Tom and Eric give me permission to come without the outlining done--I mean, no one really knows anyway, right, guys? ;) ), I'll probably be plain clothes.

Sorry for any disappointment. Thought I'd let you guys know ahead of time. I know alot of you who haven't seen this costume really wanted to see it. But I'll be there to cheer all of you on, and to see all of your wonderful costumes in person. :)

Meanwhile, I'm going back to my hole to feverishly stitch--I mean, you never know, miracles have been known to happen...

(God, I wish I didn't have to work today...)

Well, keep your fingers crossed...

19. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Hi guys. I'm not going to be able to make the convention. My dad is in the hospital (nothing too serious) and I'm going home instead of to Madison. I wasn't going to be at the con much anyway what with having to go back and forth to Oshkosh. I'm REALLY sorry to be missing. You better bet I'll be at the next one. Take lots of pictures because I'll want to see them!! :)

20. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    Well, all I can say is: THANK YOU ERIC!
    Had a great time.

See you again next year.

21. Kylash_327

Kylash_327 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2002
    Ditto! Nice meeting all of you. And Twisty, I WAS THERE AS ALUCARD SUNDAY! Where were you? *cry*

22. cruznseal2

cruznseal2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 19, 2001
    Thanks a lot Eric i really had a goodtime, i really didn't get to see much of the star wars related stuff, i was more interested in the classes and demos (all of which where outstanding) it was nice to see every one again, liz i really had fun hanging out (just make sure that video disappears) all and all really an excellent weekend

-mike

23. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Kylash was present?!? :eek:

24. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    It was great seeing you and and thanks for being nice to Evan. Overall, the weekend was pretty good with a few exceptions. We should have taken the other team in trivia.

25. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    Well, it was certainly a memorable weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.