main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BYOB Kenobi says: "Run faster and jump higher... Go to FilmCon this year!!"

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by BYOB_Kenobi, Apr 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedihexer

jedihexer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    I think everyone should visit the web site. Tom did a GREAT job at this! He truly is a good guy to help out like this...

How many of you are still planning on coming, but have not signed up yet...let me know in a private message. This is so I can plan the con better! PLEASE LET ME KNOW SOON!!!!! The better prepared I am up front, the better the con will be.

Remeber, if you can't pay right now it's o.k.- just let me know though!

Toxic Ned- how many flyers will you need? Anyone else!

Also a new panel- Distressing fabric for costumes...sounds cool!

Eric

2. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    Impressive...most impressive.

Eric, don't forget the equipment requirements for our lightsaber class on Satuday and disclaimer that, should the attendee use their plastic lightsaber, we are not responsible for damage to it.

For those of you planning to attend our class, please bring a 4-foot 3/4" diameter dowel. If you want to use your plastic lightsaber, you are welcome to but we will not be held responsible if it bends, breaks or whatever.

Thanks! :)

PS I think we will be booking a room for Saturday night only....we have a diabetic cat just diagnosed with chronic lymposidic leukeumia and it could be the end tomorrow or a year from now so I don't feel comfortable leaving him for several days. My mother has agreed to check on him for us Saturday and Sunday.

3. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Just FYI, Eric: I forgot to put a stamp on my registration, so it'll be a bit late. I know...I'm an idiot. :)

4. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Mon Capitan: I added your equipment requirements and disclaimer to the Track 2 page of FilmCon.com. :) Just one question: can I use my Narsil against everyone else's plastic lightsabers? [face_devil]

5. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    EXCELLENT WORK ON THE WEBSITE !!!

I saw the Filmcon website when it was just a text site. It looks and works great now! Good Job!

6. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Thanks! :) Remember guys, if there's anything you'd like to see covered on the website that isn't currently available, just let me or Eric know and we'll work it out.

7. Wookiee_Cushion

Wookiee_Cushion Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2002
    Commence the countdown sequence, because FilmCon is a less than two months away...!

I can hardly wait! It's going to be great - even more so if I get my film done in time..

Hey, and great job with the site! I just spent a good chunk of my morning speading the gospel of FilmCon to the other forums here, and mentioned that it was new and improved..

8. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Unfortunately due to unforseen circumstances (the person I work with being a HAG) Dwayne and I will not be able to attend filmcon. I needed her to switch a weekend of call and of course she couldn't so I wish all of you a hell of a good time a the Con and I hope it's a smash hit.

Marcy and Dwayne

9. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
  10. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    Hmmmm...I don't think we will let you use Narsil, Tom! Just not fair to the others but, if Sauron were to show up, then you are more than welcome to use it on him! :)

Thanks for adding the disclaimer etc....

11. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    And because of my mother's final decision, I'm probably not going to be able to come either.

Don't count me out just yet, though. My dad's all for it, and wants to make it a family weekend. We're working on my mom. ;)

12. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Question to e'body going: I have no idea how to get to Madison. When the time gets closer, can somebody tell me how to get to Madison from Oshkosh? (Not like I wont get lost anyway!) THANKS! :D

Twisty- I hope you can come! :)
    Wampas- BUMMER! :(

13. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Meghan, copy and paste this into your address bar, remove the stupid space in the middle of "Grand," and hit enter:

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&src=maps&1c=Oshkosh&1s=WI&1y=US&2a=517+Grand+Canyon+Dr&2s=WI&2c=Madison&2y=US&2z=53719-1032

14. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Muchos Gracias, Tom! Hopefully I'll be in a "smart" mode that day!

15. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    If work permits (considering I'm not traveling) I will most definately attend.

16. Kylash_327

Kylash_327 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2002
    As of today I've got me, my dad, my girlfriend, and at least 2 other friends coming with me.

17. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
  18. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Eric, if you could get me about 10 flyers for FilmCon, I'll get them posted around Edgewood College for ya.

Ahhh, the joys of being staff. :D

19. Kylash_327

Feb 2, 2002
    Ohhh, and there are about 20 people from the Rebel legion and 501st coming up from Chicago. ^_^

20. Kylash_327

Feb 2, 2002
  21. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    I'm coming with my fourteen year old son who is very interested in the lightsaber training. We will see how that works out.

22. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    I sent my check for tickets and have my hotel reservation. Yes....yes.......yes!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am going to Filmcom. Yes I am.
    '
    Excuse me but I am so excited.

23. BobaBen

BobaBen Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    Bumping Ben says it will be fun and cant wait to meet all of you and the minneasota force will be in full Force

24. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Eric- I swear and promise the check will be on it's way by Saturday. The payroll on campus goofed up my paycheck and hence, I have no money to send you. :(

25. Kylash_327

Feb 2, 2002
    Friend of mine got his registration and payment in, that's 3 down, 1 to go :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.