main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BYU student gets scolded for walking around in a provocative outfit.

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Darth Guy, Feb 17, 2012.

1. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    I'd say that BNY is most positively progressive and modern. They wrote her a note. They could have just stoned her to death.

2. wannasee

wannasee Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2007
    To be fair to the writer of the note, there is something about the girl that is provocative.

Maybe it's the big head. I always find girls with a slightly bigger-than-is-proportional head to be way more attractive than they would otherwise be.

Also, we don't know is how loose her top was (provided that this was the outfit he was actually complaining about, which is unlikely). It's possible her boobs were showing when she leaned forward...

I mean, maybe she is a whore?? Why is everyone attacking the guy? He might actually have a point...

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Even if you could have used one. :p

4. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    I never realized how much Colin Hanks looks like Arlon

5. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Whether she is a whore is not being debated and frankly doesn't matter in the slightest. It's whether or not her outfit is seen as provocative or unacceptable for whatever reason. I would say the note writer had a point if say the student had bare legs with an outfit like that, but she doesn't so she's clealry made an effort to cover up most of herself judging by what she has on underneath her dress.
    It's just an over-reaction by someone who obviously still lives in a time when showing your ankles was considered provocative. Women should be allowed to wear what they like, we don't live in Iran.

6. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    She's not wearing a bustle. How lewd.

7. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    "1862 BYU's Appropriate Dress Code is as follows:

1) Do not dress provocatively. Provocative is identified in the following:

A) Having a vagina.
    B) etc..."

8. wannasee

Jan 24, 2007
    lol, I didn't meant that she might literally be a whore. I meant that she maybe was dressed like a whore (again, i mean it figuratively), at least if you go by BYU standards.

9. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    What a lowlife to give an anonymous note like that. He should have had the stones to go up and tell her to her face if he though she dressed provocatively.

It's not as if she's in a miniskirt and tank top, like some I've seen around unis.

10. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Wearing a miniskirt and tank top doesn't make you a whore either...

11. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Wrong! In Tasmania (or is it all of Australia?) wearing a miniskirt and tank top gets women arrested for prostitution.

12. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Compared to the way I have seen other girls dress at university, she's dressed fairly modestly. I imagine there would be more than a few raised eyebrows if she did wear a miniskirt and a tank top.

But men's minds wandering because women dress like that? :rolleyes:

13. wannasee

Jan 24, 2007
    Some girls are just sexy, no matter what they wear. If she didn't already know it (she does), she should be flattered.

14. Ostrich_Stapler

Ostrich_Stapler Jedi Master star 5

Jul 9, 2004
    Not sure if that was sarcasm, but there is nothing flattering about having people tell you that you should reconsider what you're wearing.

15. wannasee

Jan 24, 2007
    It wasn't sarcasm, but I guess I can see how the letter might have a really negative impact on a certain type of person (someone who might feel pressure to change the way they dress).

Knowing that my attire was in complete conformance with the dress code, I would just take it as a compliment.

Hopefully this girl thinks more like me, because she will be the happier for it.

16. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002

17. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    legit lol

18. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    Wait, I routinely say you should reconsider wearing so much clothing. That isn't flattering? Or have I confused 'flattering' and 'creepy'? ;)

19. Ostrich_Stapler

Ostrich_Stapler Jedi Master star 5

Jul 9, 2004
    You get a free pass. :p

20. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Yes.

21. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    In my defense, I am currently on Bourbon Street in Nola completing a drink challenge, so my posting may be affected.

22. Jack1138

Jack1138 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2005
    Big props to QS in "New Orleans" for a street party. Wish I was there so you could buy me a drink!

As far as the BYU student HO in question... The outfit was not that provocative, I have seen far worse. Judging by her picture I bet she can't get off unless there is a picture of Justin Bieber in front of her. WHAT UP?!?! :)

23. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    ... What?