main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C-3P0 in Episode 3.

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by AT-ST_DRIVER, Jul 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    How do you think he'll go gold? i figure that after AOTC, Padme kept him in the palace (or wherever she's working these days) using him as protocol droids are meant to be used. i also figure she got him painted gold so as to blend in with all the other fancy Naboo/senate stuff. So i guess he'll be gold in the begining of Episode 3.

Your thoughts?

2. classixboy

classixboy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Possibly as a means of disguising him for some reason? He is also supposed to have his memory erased, isn't he?

3. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    Maybe he'll volunteer to gte his memory erased, very tragically or something. He's on of my Fav. characters. :) i figure he's also programmed to follow/protect leia or something, along with R2.

4. Darth Kruel

Darth Kruel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    I do expect See-Threepio to be either a bronze or even golden color, resembling a little of how he looked in the OT.

As far as his memory goes, it will be interesting to see how GL uncovers him not rememering Tattooine in Episode IV since that's where he's from.

5. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    I think the coverings he is wearing now is the coverings he will wear in ANH. They seem to have the same dents and what not. I think he will spray painted gold so he can blend in after his memory has been erased.

6. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    I used to believe he would get the gold coverings when he got his memory wiped, which would be towards the end of the film so the twins wouldn't be found, and so he could remain hidden as well. However, he still goes by the same operating number. I don't see how he could stay hidden by still being called what he was first called. Then again, Obi-Wan keeps his last name, and Luke keeps the name "Skywalker", so you never know.

Anyway, now I'm leaning towards him having the coverings from the beginning of the movie, in order to serve Padme and her fellow Senators in style. ;)

7. katha

katha Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 30, 2002
    well if you think about it the only people who really know and interact with 3po (and R2) on a regular basis are Padme and Anakin (unless you count the Lars). Padme will be dead... or at least out of the picture and Anakin never sees the droids as Vader that I recall. then as far as the Lars go.. Owen is in a hurry and hardly paying attention when he and Luke get the droids, and Beru probably never saw them as she was inside the whole time.

8. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    I'll ask you to please continue the discussion in the thread C-3PO/R2-D2. :)

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.