main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST C-3PO and R2-D2 in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by RepublicKnight95, Feb 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Anyone else here who thinks that C-3PO's new red/dark arm might be explained in the upcoming Journey to The Force Awakens: C-3PO comic?

2. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
    No. I think they won't, just like they never explain his silver leg in the OT.

3. Darth_Voider

May 4, 2015
    Wasn't the silver leg explained in the Droids cartoon? Sure, that is not canon anymore, but at least...

Dark Lady Mara likes this.
  4. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    This was a joke in reference to one of the tweets about the new SW emojis (released earlier that day) that had that exact typo,

5. Jason79

Jason79 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Oh i see. Okay nevermind then.

6. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Who will R2 rescue in this one?

7. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    It would be funny if R2 rescued........BB8.

Dark Lady Mara and Wildcatbarry like this.
  8. Darth_Lilapso

Darth_Lilapso Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    Leaks have Han Solo dying. I suspect that C-3PO also is lost. That might explain the cloaked figure (we think is Luke) consoling R2 in the second preview teaser. If this be the case then the new droid duo is R2 (like an older brother / father) and BB-8 (like the kid brother or son).

9. Miffy

Miffy Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 29, 2015
    I do hope they tone down the droids this time around. They got it right in the OT, they were charming fillers from time to time, but the PT really went overboard with droid action - don't get me started on that god awful long sequence in the factory with them in "Clones".

I wonder if Abrams` rumored battles with Disney early last year were about the amount of side characters/droids he had to squeeze in for merchandising.

10. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014

I doubt the new duo would be R2 and BB. I don't see those two traveling together all that much. You need one of the droids in a duo to be able to speak. If 3PO is destroyed in TFA then they will probably introduce a brand new protocol droid for Episode 8.

11. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014

If someone goes through the trouble of providing a backstory for one of C-3PO's arms I think I'll have to shoot myself in the face.

12. Darth_Voider

May 4, 2015
    I also think that it's not really necessary to explain his new arm, but it might be possible that they do it.

Rodie likes this.
  13. Forcesensitive01

Forcesensitive01 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    That's just lovely. Reading comments like this is where half the fun or a forum comes from. Because who doesn't love unapologetically rude comments being thrown at people to shut them down? It is certainly entertaining to me. Not quite sure what you're problem is with anyone else's opinions on literally every subject.

14. DarthInsidiousMongo

DarthInsidiousMongo Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 27, 2015
    Can't write off 3PO. That would mess up the franchise royally. I would also walk out.

DarthSheev, DV75 and KenW like this.
  15. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i don't think you get jokes. you also completely missed the point of the discussion. it was about people bad-mouthing the movies and if it effects you, to which i said "i don't give a damn".

16. DarthInsidiousMongo

DarthInsidiousMongo Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 27, 2015
    I don't know if anyone agrees but I am anxious for BB8 to meet R2 and 3PO. A droid trio would be rather humorous yet efficient in helping the characters.

17. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    So if Luke disappeared Artoo presumably was the last character to see him go? Perhaps Artoo's secret message hard drive was full and Luke's "I'm going off for a while, here is where I'm going in case you need me." message never got recorded properly?

18. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003

like no one talks about the guy with a honda whos frear panel still has primer on it. I think so too, that goldenrod just gets parts however he get em, its up to the owner if they want to treat him like a pet or a commodity.

19. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Lets wait till we see the film before we get upset,

on another note I cant wait till the first time we see R2-D2 and C3-PO for the first time, weather it is in a trailer or the film itself !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Is Artoo supposed to be with Leia in this movie?

starocean90 likes this.
  21. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    both R2 and 3PO seem to be at Leia's location for the entire movie.:)
    kinda disappointing that the 2 droids don't somehow join on the adventure, the only thing that they do according to rumors is decode something with BB-8 that supposedly leads to Luke, beyond that....

I hope we get to see them in VIII-IX with real roles, this is what I hope for them in the sequels.:D

22. Solo-Skywalker

Solo-Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2014
    [face_thinking] Just thought of this; why is R2D2 not with Luke Skywalker except for a flashback; where has he (Luke) ever gone where R2D2 didn't also go I find this strange.

Seeher and starocean90 like this.
  23. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    well in VI he leaves R2 with Han/Leia when he faces Vader and that was basically the only time he left R2.:)

Solo-Skywalker likes this.
  24. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    Probably because JJ hates characters that aren't human. Just look at what he did to Star Trek, basically everyone who has a speaking role in both movies are humans (except for a few Vulcans, but they look near-human).

25. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    C3PO will not be destroyed in VII, since he decodes the location of Luke with R2 and 3PO. I think his screentime will be preety limited, similar to the Prequels. R2 will probably also have less screentime in this one, but when Luke returns for VIII we will get more of him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.