main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST C-3PO and R2-D2 in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by RepublicKnight95, Feb 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    how would he know that?

2. KyloAwakens

KyloAwakens Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2015
    I don't know. I think getting there would require too much narrative, but it's another manifestation of Vader moving to the light/ good side that he may come across at some point in ep8 or 9

3. KyloAwakens

KyloAwakens Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2015
    Does anybody alive even know this at this point? I don't think so...

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Han calling him Goldenrod at Hoth. And so much more.

KyloAwakens likes this.
  5. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  6. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I hope to God this is never brought up in any of the movies, TV shows, comics, or video games, ever again.

7. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

Well maybe 3po has a red arm cause the gold one was stolen by Kylo.

8. Hoth Chocolate

Hoth Chocolate Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 21, 2015
  9. Parparamia

Parparamia Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2004
    My take on the red arm is simple. C3pO is OLD. They have run out of the cadilac model "gold" or "silver" arms and only have the old and busted "chevette" arms left. I am more curious as to how he lost that arm in the first place...

10. AdamSkywalker

AdamSkywalker Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2014
    New pic from a cereal box toy of R2 by Poe's Xwing [​IMG]

11. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Not even kidding, the scene when C-3PO pops up to interrupt Han and Leia is one of my favorite parts of the film. [face_laugh]

JediKade, solo77 and thejeditraitor like this.
  12. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    C-3PO was GREAT. Better than anything we saw of him in the PT.

Question: Were both his arms gold in the last scene we see him?

On R2:

So, R2 had a map that was incomplete? A large chunk of it that includes where the First Jedi Temple is located was missing?

And he went into power-down mode after Luke left. Wait, what? Then just suddenly powers himself back up after a decade or more? Did he power back up for any particular reason? How could he know that BB-8 had the other part of the map?

Good thing Leia was carting him around wherever the Resistant traveled to and keeping him close by in the command center. :rolleyes:

13. Scruffy nerf

Scruffy nerf Jedi Master star 3

Jul 11, 2015
    I know BB8 is there for the need to sell more toys and to get us excited about new characters, and he is an impressive piece of film technology.... But narrative wise, couldn't it have just been R2 in his place? It may have grounded it more. And I was surprised BB8 didn't save the day at least a few times like R2 did back in the day.

14. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003

After seeing it a second time, it looks like C3PO has two golden arms when the resistance is cheering for the Falcon. He's in the crowd, I couldn't see a red arm.

For R2: JJ confirmed that in A New Hope, R2 downloaded the imperial archives when he plugged into the original Death Star. Kylo Ren references that they have part of the map from those same archives (just not the BB8 portion). When BB8 returns to the resistance base, he tells R2 what he has. It takes R2 some time to find the map and power back up (and/or it coincides with the arrival of Rey).

15. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    I was really glad to hear that Anthony Daniels finally stopped hamming up the voice. He felt like OT Threepio again and I couldn't be happier.

There's already way too much "small universe" happening going on in Star Wars thanks to the prequels and other related media. Why would Poe be using Luke's old R2 unit? Why wouldn't he have his own droid? It makes way more sense and I'm glad it turned out how it did.

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Upon my 6th screening it was finally obvious that his arm is restored to being gold. They even emphasize it by having him wave it as Rey, Chewie & R2 depart.

solo77 likes this.
  17. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003

I'm glad someone else saw it. I noticed that today on my second viewing--thought I was seeing things.

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I specifically zeroed in on it as opposed to trying to absorb everyone present in the crowd. It is definitely gold.

Darth-Seldon likes this.
  19. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    I've seen it in Standard, 3D and IMAX. I can confirm this. I missed it in standard, thought "wait was his arm gold?" In 3D, and made that one of the things I was looking for in IMAX. I also focused on the Republic Fleet, wanted to see the ships there. Saw 2 Star Destroyers and a number of Mon Cal cruisers, and new designs.

20. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I noticed on the 1st screening the Threepio's arm is gold again at the end - thank goodness! The ridiculous red arm did not make any sense other than to fuel mindless speculation or perhaps sell a different "model" of toys.

21. ReyPrescott

ReyPrescott Jedi Master star 3

Oct 3, 2015

22. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    I was VERY disappointed with the IMAX version. If I had not seen it in Standard first, I really think I would have missed a lot. It WAS very dark. And very hard to see everything. Simply could not take in entire scenes at once, missed a lot on the sides.

23. ReyPrescott

ReyPrescott Jedi Master star 3

Oct 3, 2015
    I didnt want to see it in 3D (3D is cool in theory but it does nothing for me) my cousins wanted 3D and they paid for the tix. I hadn't been to the movies in like 2 years and looked around like "is anyone else having trouble seeing anything"? A friend was watching a bootleg copy via CAM and it had better visuals! :oops:I barely seen R2 and chewie standing together at the end.

24. Wolfgang187

Wolfgang187 Jedi Master star 2

Apr 8, 2002
    I thought 3p0s joke was the funniest in the film:
    "You probably didnt recognize me with my red arm!"
    I don't mind them not using the original droids too much. I still kinda have prequel hangover from both of them.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  25. pj.martorell

pj.martorell Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2015
    In the first scene (on the planet D'Qar) the Resistance along with R2D2 says goodbye to the Millennium Falcon, but then in the planet where Luke Skywalker is hiding, R2D2 appears to be on board.

Is it the same R2D2 or another R2 unit?

[​IMG]

Mav Edit: Thread Merge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.