main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST C-3PO and R2-D2 in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by RepublicKnight95, Feb 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elle-Wan

Elle-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 11, 2004
    the one in the top pic looks like it has a lot more blue on the 'torso'.

TK327 likes this.
  2. Darth Hood

Darth Hood Jedi Master star 1

Dec 23, 2015
    R2 would likely be in BB8s spot or on the other side of 3P0 if he was staying behind

3. vaderfandan

vaderfandan Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2004
    R2-D2 will die in the next film. That's why BB-8 was introduced. I'm not the first to say his, am I?

4. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    noooooooooooooooooooooo:_|

Darth_Voider likes this.
  5. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015

nightangel likes this.
  6. grizzla

grizzla Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 8, 2013

R2D2 will be destroyed at/or near the end of Ep9 - Once again saving the day or getting our heroes out of the pooper so they can defeat evil.
    R2 will die - and I will probably get all teary like I did when Data died in Star Trek: Nemesis (Data's "wake" was a great scene). It would be genius. He knows almost everything (he didn't have his memory wiped after Ep3). He is THE constant. Going out the way he came in would be satisfying to me - fixing a hero's ship, but getting blown away this time round. A deserved end for the lil guy :)

7. Worker11811

Worker11811 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 6, 2016

The droid at the base is grey, it's not R2.

8. Worker11811

Worker11811 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 6, 2016

I try to watch the 2D versions as much as possible. Now that professional projectionists have all been fired and uncaring minimum wage teenagers now run everything, no one knows that the 3D polarizer glasses knock down the incoming light by 2/3s of an ƒ-stop. Which makes 3D screenings look darker. What projectionists are supposed to do is make the video projector brighter to compensate for the 3D glasses, but no one does that because it would interfere with profits. Also, the bright spots aren't fully blocked by the 3D glasses, so not only is everything way darker than it should be, but bright areas have ghost images being seen by the other eye. I hate 3D, it's a stupid gimmick that reduces the quality of the movie. The last 3 times I saw TFA was on 2D screens and it was so, so much better!

Although I was at a 3D screening, sitting pretty far up front, and when the Super Star Destroyer came on screen sticking out so far it almost went past you, I got a laugh out of the audience when I tried to grab it.

SkooterNB and ReyPrescott like this.
  9. McLaren

McLaren Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 1, 2002
    Thirty-six and a half pages of speculation prior to the movie and one page of comments after it was released! This thread is as depressing as TFA R2.

If they would have wrote him as he's always been written, R2 would have:

- learned there was a mission to get the map
    - sent BB-8 to get "maintenance"
    - put himself into Poe's X-wing
    - left the chump behind when he took his punk shot at Kylo
    - kicked Teedo's a$$
    - figured out Luke's location
    - fired up the Falcon and flown it there
    - got Luke onboard, with an electric prod if necessary
    - flown Luke back to Leia

Putting R2 under a tarp in a corner is the most ridiculous thing to have ever happened in any Star Wars movie.

Yes, more ridiculous than Jar Jar stepping in poo or "sand is coarse" or Padme's death by at least the same factor as SKB is larger than the DS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.