main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST C-3PO and R2-D2 in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by RepublicKnight95, Feb 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Sigh. Yeah, like Anthony Daniels is going to reveal a Threepio "death" on Twitter or confirm that he's signed for future films.

o_O

2. Bullhead CIty

Bullhead CIty Jedi Master star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    I picked up on that as well. May just be a figure of speech across the pond? I see the definition by Clone 3131 as well. One could take that as a hint there's a cliffhanger or uncertainty at the end of #7 that 3PO survives something. Wouldn't that be something to have a 3PO as someone who does a heroic suicidal act to save someone? That would truly be a full arc as a droid that has been obsessed with self preservation.

3. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    Complete speculation since we know nothing about the story, nor in what order they're shooting scenes in....but with him finishing so soon, I wonder if this means he either has little screen time, or just doesn't have many scenes with other actors. For example...we haven't heard any scoops or leaks about any fischer scenes yet, have we? I wonder if he only interracts with a few of the cast.

4. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    With the exception of TPM, the droids were definitely in the majority of the SW films. 3PO only showed up for a short time in TPM and he comes in halfway throw AOTC. Other then that they get a chunk of screen-time in each film. I hope JJ follows that tradition and they get their deserved chunk of time in EP7.

darklordoftech likes this.
  5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Well, ROTS was different. A lot of Threepio's scenes were cut out of ROTS and Artoo disappears after the first act ends. They only play a part once the third act begins.

6. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    Also, in the prequels, the droids (well, moreso threepio) were still getting introduced. 3PO wasn't part of the main cast until the end of ep 2, then onto ep 3, and even then he was just hanging out with Padme. In the OT, he was always with the main crew.

7. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm suprised that he already wrapped up filming all of his scenes. I hope Threepio will be featured in a lot of VII! It wouldn't be the same without his comic relief.

8. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    Sorry if this has already been talked about, but is anyone curious about the "redesigned" astromech droid that MSW mentioned a little while ago? I feel like it's been lost in this deluge of other rumors. But from what MSW has said about it, it feels like there will be astromechs roaming around with a sleeker, updated look in the same vein of the new stormtrooper helmets. Can't wait to see this if true.

9. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    3POs scenes probably aren't filled with much action, so it's quicker to film.

10. Airseven

Airseven Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2013
    How you could possibly interpret the word "terminal" to mean the character's death from that quote is beyond me.

11. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007

It'd be interesting if 3PO and R2 have become obsolete, with newer, more modern droids being more useful and efficient. Could provide some fun tension.

12. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    I better see him scurrying through a blaster battle or two, preferably with little people. :p

13. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Anthony Daniels @ADaniels3PO 2 hours ago
    "No movie sequel is better than The Empire Strikes Back." You might eat those words for Xmas dinner in 2015. Joy & Indigestion to the world!

14. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I like his flamboyant confidence.

15. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    Me too.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  16. Acroyear

Acroyear Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2001
    I always thought 3PO felt like an afterthought in ROTS. He kind of hangs around in the background up until the final scenes.

17. Acroyear

Acroyear Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2001
    Don't want the droids to 'die' in these movies.

18. JediKnightWax

May 21, 2014
    Hrnggggggg!

yogacat and starocean90 like this.
  19. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    I highly doubt it will be better than ESB, but if it even comes close…MY GOD. I'll probably live at the movie theater next December.

20. JediKnightWax

May 21, 2014
    Of course it's better! He finally got a comfortable C3PO suit.

21. Prospecting on Subtyrrell

Prospecting on Subtyrrell Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2014
    I'll take half the quality of AOTC.

22. JediKnightWax

May 21, 2014

[​IMG]

23. Prospecting on Subtyrrell

Prospecting on Subtyrrell Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2014
    Haha, I said half, not one tenth!

24. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    He is classy enough not to diss a film until after its been released. He opinion of the PT is pretty well known....that said..that he has such praise already makes me feel quiet euphoric.

I AM SO READY FOR THIS ADVENTURE. Cuz it doesnt sound like a sequel, or call back, or anything but and awesome new adventure. I can feel it in my gut. I didnt even feel that way for TPM. I cannot wait.

Ridley Solo likes this.
  25. entourage

entourage Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    Daniels seems to be really convinced of the quality of the movie. Let's remember what he tweeted in May:

So many privileges to acting in the Saga. Best yet, sitting at the read-through with the old & the new cast. And the story! You can't wait!

starocean90 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.