main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST C-3PO and R2-D2 in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by RepublicKnight95, Feb 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    IMHO, AD wouldn't gush like that unprompted unless he truly believed what he was saying.

Obviously he can't know for certain until he's seen the finished film, but even if we get something halfway between ESB and ROTJ in quality, all I can say is... thank God.

2. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014
    As I've said a few times, it doesn't need to come close to ESB levels. What it 100% needs to be is better than AOTC and ROTS, as well as the worst elements of TPM. I'm not expecting anything in VII to be as impactful as the Maul/Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon fight.

3. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    This does get me very excited.

However, even if Episode VII is as good as AD claims, it will NEVER be better than ESB.

Luke'sSeveredHand, Jcuk and TheBBP like this.
  4. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    For me, how "good" or "bad" it is depends on what they do with Luke in the movie.

5. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Well obviously it is a sequel and will be full of call backs by the very nature of the story, cast and imagery while also being a new story that is part of the episodic saga.

Depends what you think those levels are. ESB is great and so is ROTS so really are all the movies so then it just becomes about preferences in-between them that you are drawn to more.

Of course for you and many others it won't be, can't be so never will be. For me ROTS passed ESB upon release. To each their own.

Exactly. How the originals are handled is going to be the big deal for many in these films.

BTW here is Hayden and AD from January in Japan (Interviews are english of course)

http://www.1905.com/video/play/728583.shtml

Walt Disney China, today announced that swept the world's legendary movie series "Star Wars" movies will be landing CCT V6 during Chinese New Year, Chinese audiences will have the opportunity to enjoy this popular home fans and fans beloved classic. According to CCTV released promos, the "Star Wars" prequel trilogy, "The Phantom Menace", "Attack of the Clones" and "Revenge of the Sith" will be held on February 1 (Big Year), the 2nd ( Year III), the 3rd (Great Year)

6. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    EDIT, actually i decided to not waste my time with a response.

7. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    How many people have said that this movie will be awesome by now?

8. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    not enough.:D;)

9. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Why do you think it's be a waste?

10. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

That's the point. ROTS was to be the darkest of the Saga up to that point and in all the scenes that were filmed, both the ones that were deleted and the ones included in the final film, Threepio is at his most serious. Putting him upfront wouldn't work like he did in the other films. Artoo himself stops being humorous following the first act and only has a final laugh at Threepio being mind wiped.

11. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    IMHO, ESB shows that the droids can still work well, even in that context.

12. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Except Lucas didn't even want humor in Act II and almost all of Act III. Re-watch that part of the film. Even Jar Jar only has two scenes and one line of dialogue when he says, "Sorry" for stepping on someone's foot at the end of Act I.

13. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Well if EP7 comes in at no3 on most people's SW movie lists then it will be an awesome addition & exceed expectations.....

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  14. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    R2 looks very dirty in the rap party photos.​

Bennihana likes this.
  15. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    For me the ST needs to be "as good as" and not "better than" the other films since I enjoy the entire Saga.

mratm23, my kind of scum and Krueger like this.
  16. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    ^ Yep. Obviously everyone has their favourite(s), but I like the Star Wars saga as a whole. As long as Episode 7 feels like it belongs (and I'm sure it will) I'll be a happy geek.

jedinightwing and Rabs like this.
  17. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    If it has the potential to be better than the OT why not let it? Why limit it to "as good as?"

TKT, CairnsTony and Artoo-Dion like this.
  18. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    Ahh, Techincally the movie hasn't been edited, or effects or post production. Before we start talking better than "Empire" let's see if it's better than the prequels 1st. Yes I'm sure he's read the script and he might be talking story but again let's not get ahead of ourselves. Expectations should be reasonable.

19. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    Like I said, he hasn't seen the finished film. However, it'd be more than story--performances, set design, art direction, etc. would also be evident.

20. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Yeah, out of the 6 films ROTS bothers me most because of the lack of humor, especially from the droid. I know Lucas had a tall order to end it on such a downer, but it just didn't seem to fit with the other 6 films comedy wise.

21. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    I certainly hope that VIII will be more like V than III in the comedy department.

22. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I simply mean that it only needs to be as good as the rest of the films for me to love it. It doesn't have to be better than any of the other films in order for me to love it like some others have stated when talking about the PT. If it turns out to be better than the other films then awesome.

23. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    I'm very curious if they filmed anything with Mark Hamill w/beard for Episodes VIII and/or IX.

24. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i thought he put some humor at the beginning of ROTS. seemed like at the time people noted that old swashbuckling feeling early in the film. later in the film there wasn't much to joke about. Although yoda got a couple cheers taking out clonetroopers and guards.

25. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    Glad TOAD is super excited about Ep 7, but this is the kind of hype that can kill even a good movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.