main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST C-3PO and R2-D2 in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by RepublicKnight95, Feb 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Daniels is an intelligent man, so for him to say this is extremely encouraging. ESB is a fantastic film. The best SW film by a country mile IMO (I love ANH too). Let's hope the wait is worth it

CairnsTony and Artoo-Dion like this.
  2. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    But was it an actor from the film?

3. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    I can honestly say that I don't recall anything remotely close to the kind of praise AD and a few others are giving to Episode VII compared to TPM back in late 98 or early 99.

I remember quotes that said "....this is a buildup to the next two episodes..." and "....it is different than the OT because its set in a different time.....a time of peace....etc."

CairnsTony likes this.
  4. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Probably Jake Lloyd (thanks to a quiet backhander from Lucas) lol

5. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    LOL, well it certainly wasn't Anthony! Like many fans I followed development of TPM closely and didn't hear anyone other than Rick McCallum lavish that sort of praise on the movie. When it comes from certain people such as Anthony I sit up and really listen. From certain others it would be more of a diplomatic thing to say; coming from Anthony, who doesn't give praise where it isn't due, it really means something.

6. entourage

entourage Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    I think it should also be considered that this was not an interview where he has to answer questions. He chose to say this on Twitter. He must be convinced by the quality of the movie. I personally don't think in can beat Empire but I definetely see it as a good sign.

7. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Check out at the 3:30 mark.

8. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    forgot he also appears at around the 4:02 mark.;)

Interesting set JJ and R2 are on????

9. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  10. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Some sort of Imperial set maybe? I'm sure Artoo and Threepio will be running around trying to save the day.

11. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I can't wait for the post credits scene where they reveal that Plagueis brainpatterns are inside R2 and Threepio is simply a new version of 11-4D :p

12. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  13. JediKnightWax

May 21, 2014
    Is it me or has C3PO been working out?

DurararaFTW likes this.
  14. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    it's fanmade.;)

15. JediKnightWax

May 21, 2014

[​IMG]

16. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013

17. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I still hope the droids have big roles in VII. After seeing the new droid in the teaser I hope he doesn't become the new Artoo and prevent him from having less screen time.

Dewback and starocean90 like this.
  18. DV75

Nov 30, 2001
    Yeah, I feel the same way.

I think the new droid won't take anything away from R2. He will be TFA's 'new thing' much like how Yoda was in ESB and the Ewoks were in ROTJ.

19. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Daniels: Every few weeks or months, some new [Star Wars] project comes up: Star Wars Rebels, The Clone Wars, now there’s Lego Star Wars: the Yoda Chronicles. I’ve just been writing for this new book, which is secret but coming out next Christmas, so it was very odd going back to Episode VII on the set because for me, I’d been doing this last week, voiceovers for the animation series but with a different style, I will tell you. The Yoda Chronicles are very funny, much of Star Wars Episode VII is not very funny, it’s really quite serious, so I had to slightly rethink. But it was totally normal to me — that’s really weird to say, isn’t it? But it’s normal to me to be C-3PO in these scenes. It’s totally normal to see Harrison Ford being Han Solo and Carrie Fisher being Princess Leia. It was not a shock to me. And for the people looking after me, my dressers and so on, they were ecstatic, because they had been fans early on and now they’ve joined the film industry as prop makers and model makers, and there they were working with the real C-3PO. It has become a bit of a family and having J.J. Abrams get so many of the original people back, it did feel like a family.... It’s not over yet, Episode VII will come out this time next year and we can do a re-record of Christmas in the Stars and find those other tracks.

http://m.music.cbc.ca/blogs/2014/12...istmas-in-the-Stars-Star-Wars-Christmas-Album

PS for those interested he talks a lot more but this is the relevant VII stuff.

20. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    "much of Star Wars Episode VII is not very funny, it’s really quite serious"
    Aw, yeah.

"But it’s normal to me to be C-3PO in these scenes. It’s totally normal to see Harrison Ford being Han Solo and Carrie Fisher being Princess Leia."

Threepio gets a scene with Han and Leia! Again,
    [​IMG]

Carrie1138 and starocean90 like this.
  21. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I think it's because both 3PO and R2 seem more likely to be with Han/Leia,;)
    as Luke sadly is by his lonesome.:(

Recent rumor
    http://makingstarwars.net/2014/12/s...solo-princess-leia-artoo-threepios-placement/

22. DV75

Nov 30, 2001
    Every time I hear about the whole 'Luke being on his own' rumour - I think back to the last act of ROTJ. Luke is not with Han, Leia, Chewie and the droids. He is off fighting his own battle - that with Vader and Palpatine. And he's the last one to join everyone for the celebration on Endor. Just gives a little glimpse to where he would be in the future.

23. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    still not a bright future after VI for the poor lad,;)

24. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  25. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    If the rumors are true and the droids are with Leia, I think they will have a much more supportive role this time and the focus will be on the brand new BB-8.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.