main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST C-3PO and R2-D2 in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by RepublicKnight95, Feb 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I'm not so sure, we don't have any evidence that BB-8 will leave Tatooine or be able to slot into the X-Wings like R2 astrodroids can.

2. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I don´t think BB-8 needs to be able to fit into an X-Wing to be the main droid.

3. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Its the fact that R2 is with Luke through virtually every danger, he's at his side/has his back as they skim along the Death Star trench. But like I said we don't know if BB-8 even leaves Tatooine, m feeling is he may stay with MVS's character, so how can anyone say he's going to be a main character?

4. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Yep, but R2 seems to be far from Luke this time and Luke is not the main hero anymore. Not expecting BB-8 to leave Tatooine ad stick with the heroes for the rest of the movie and the trilogy is like expecting Boyega to suddenly die scaping from the planet. The droid has been heavily featured on the teaser, as the new leads and the new villains. The only piece we have not seen yet is the new alien sidekick. So it makes it pretty clear that Lucasfilm are after a new group of heroes. Not only three new leads but new alien (new Chewie) and new droid.

If there was no trace of new droids on this movie I would expect R2 (not much 3PO) to be the main droid this trilogy as well. But as we have seen a new droid who is clearly an evolution of the R2 concept, I think the droids are going to be supporting this time and a new droid will emerge.

5. starsebkoon

starsebkoon Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2014
    Anthony Daniels was in France few weeks ago and I had the chance to made an interview of him about The Force Awakens.
    He didn't spoil the movie but he said interesting things about his collaboration with JJ Abrams, his feeling about spoilers, his new suit in the movie...
    On the video my questions are in french but his answers are in english so you can understand everything ;) I hope you'll enjoy it !

6. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  7. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Is that their TFA look? Minus the hat, of course. Or maybe plus the hat, I don't know.

8. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    Well, the movie is coming out during the holiday season. Maybe the events of TFA take place during Life Day... :D

jaqen and starocean90 like this.
  9. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012

Very interesting video! Cannot wait to see Threepio again.

starocean90 likes this.
  10. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    After 30 years they can't give 3PO a second gold leg? ;)

11. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    That look is fierce and you know it!

jaqen, Rabs and starocean90 like this.
  12. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    I have a feeling R2 and 3PO will be hanging with Leia at the start of TFA, but they'll get sucked into the adventure as they always do.
    I expect BB-8 will be Rey's droid and go where ever she goes.

13. themuzikman

themuzikman Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 20, 2013
    I'm sure if he had a gold leg, some fans would be complaining that they didn't notice 3PO's silver leg to begin with lol , same as if they had replaced the Falcon's dish with another circle one...

14. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  15. Carrie1138

Carrie1138 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 14, 2014
    Anthony Daniels talks about C-3PO, working on TFA, and has some nice things to say about Harrison Ford's portrayal of Han this time round too:

nightangel and starocean90 like this.
  16. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    awesome find.:)
    can't wait to see 3PO and Han's back and forth.[face_laugh]

Carrie1138 likes this.
  17. entourage

entourage Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    Is it me or is Daniels kinda backpedaling on his Twitter comments here? :)

starocean90 likes this.
  18. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I so wish that I could have been there last night. I didn't even know about it till yesterday. I'll get into that exhibit before it moves on.

Not really. Just sounds like clarification to me.

starocean90 likes this.
  19. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    It does put a new spin on his TFA comments certainly. He isn't so much saying that it's going to top ESB, just that no-one can really say that ESB is the best SW movie if they haven't yet seen TFA, which means that it's possible some people may think TFA is better.

20. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I am looking forward to seeing R2 and 3PO in the trilogy. They are always a lot of fun and I am very fond of R2.

21. vinsanity

vinsanity Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2013

Extended interview of Anthony Daniels

22. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    nightangel likes this.
  23. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    Bless their little mechanised socks

24. Rickern

Rickern Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    He's possibly using a new strategy. Fanboys are known to pull people's arms out of their sockets when you promise that any SW movie will be better than ESB and ends being the opposite.
    He probably learned by now that it's not wise to upset a fanboy :D

25. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

I'm with Mr. Daniels. Empire was already topped...three years before it's release by another little film called Star Wars.

Anyway I am so excited to see the droids; love them. I've actually never found 3P0 to be at all annoying and can't wait to see how he fits in. I'm not PT basher, not at all, but the droids place and importance was severely diminished. I hope this team resurects that importance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.