main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST C-3PO and R2-D2 in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by RepublicKnight95, Feb 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

I hope Artoo gets to fly around on his rockets in the ST.

Jobertus likes this.
  2. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I wonder if R2 and C3PO will get visual upgrades.

3. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    The picture of R2 that JJ Tweeted back during pre-production didn't seem to show any visible changes/upgrades that I could see. I think R2 and 3PO are sort of touchstones for people, and they'll want them to look and behave more or less how they always have. Remember the negative reaction to 3PO's "naked" look in TPM, or his dingy AOTC getup? I doubt we'll see any changes re: these two this time around.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  4. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    I wouldn't count on that. He never had them for the OT. Fans say they were deactivated or broken by the time the OT came around.

5. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    I hope we get some development for C3PO as a character.

[​IMG]

yogacat and Juke Skywalker like this.
  6. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  7. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    In the OT, our two beloved droids played an active role in the story. We even got to spend a fair amount of time with them by themselves. In the PT, we didn't see much of them. When we did, they mostly just there in the background, and a good portion of their actions was silly.

I want somebody to tell C-3P0 to shut the hell up. I'm not trying to be rude; that's just nostalgia talking. 0=)

8. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
    That is an aspect of the PT I particularly dislike. I wish they had been more involved so that the whol story right through could be told through their eyes. Also, if C-3PO had had a larger role, Jar Jar wouldnothave been needed as an additional comic relief character and he could have been replaced by a more interesting alien sidekick.

I hope the sequels are told primarily through the eyes of the droids but this will mean the PT will stand out as stylistically inconsistent with the other two thirds of the film cycle. :(

9. Curjax Rebo

Curjax Rebo Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 28, 2014
    I'm looking forward to some "back and forth" between Han and Threepio. I always hated threepio when I was a kid (I think it was the whining) and I thought it was great when Han was always shutting him up/off. Oddly enough, Threepio doesn't bother me anymore. Must be having kids that got me over that ;)

I am sure that R2 will have his share of screen time. Looking forward to it all!

10. Luminous Beings Are We

Jun 10, 2014
    It's already too late for that. Lucas chose to have the PT be very different from the OT in a number of ways, and we know that the ST will largely return to the OT's roots while also giving us a number of new things.

Echo Base likes this.
  11. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I hope C-3PO and R2 get merged into one droid. Then we'd have RC3-D2PO

AkshayTheJedi likes this.
  12. AkshayTheJedi

AkshayTheJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 12, 2013
    It ain't Star Wars without them droids. So an active role is something they should implement. And yes I would like them to look the same as they always have otherwise there will be hell.

Sent from The Millennium Falcon

13. I know

I know Jedi Knight star 3

May 4, 2014
    They could do this way down the line in a sort of "Bollux and Blue Max from the Han Solo Adventures novels" way. I'd go for that.

14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    If they 'merge' due to a garbage masher in the detention level, they would at least resemble a Gonk unit.

EHT, Rabs and I know like this.
  15. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes, a gold, silver, and blue Gonk droid.

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Add that to the action figure checklist.

EHT likes this.
  17. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    That would be a collector's must-have!

18. Echo Base

Jul 21, 2013
    Okay, apparently some people think this rumour came about because of the Easter Egg of C-3PO and R2-D2 in the hieroglyphic in Raiders of the Lost Ark. Based on that, they deduced that, in the far future (from the perspective of the SW timeline) they would end up on Earth in an epilogue to the ST and narrate their adventures to ancient Egyptian children.

Unless someone can find that interview and determine if it is a direct quote from Lucas, this sounds like a plausible explanation for the rumour, knowing as we do how some elements of fandom string thingstogether andread a lot into jokes, Easter Eggs and the like.

19. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I can assure you I saw it from an old interview and not stringing easter eggs together. It never mentioned anything about Earth

Echo Base likes this.
  20. Echo Base

Jul 21, 2013
    Great! Thanks for clarifying. I hope it is true in that it would be a nice way to end and emphasises the fairy tale aspect of the story.

21. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Lucas later said in "The Making Of Revenge Of The Sith", that years after Luke's death, Artoo meets with one of the Whills and tells the story of the Skywalker clan which goes into their journal, which then ties back to the beginning of the ANH novelization. This is also why Artoo was still functional in the "Legacy" comics.

Twwwon, Echo Base and I know like this.
  22. Luminous Beings Are We

Jun 10, 2014
    Whether by episode or standalone, I wonder what the next supporting droid's personality will be like.

23. Echo Base

Jul 21, 2013
    Thanks. Now we have one source, I'll stivk it in the George Lucas quotations thread as well. :)

24. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Man, Disney's PR folks sure are coaching their actors before interviews (emphasis mine):

Source: http://www.slashfilm.com/c3po-episode-7-suit/

25. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014
    Wow, they really are pushing the fact that this is going to bring back the tactile feeling. Awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.