main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C-3PO

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Grand_Theft_Autumn, Jun 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand_Theft_Autumn

Grand_Theft_Autumn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    What was Lucas' purpose of making him Anakin's protocol droid, or using him in the PT at all. He really doesn't do much.

Fall Out Boy
    Yeah I went there!

2. Lord_Steve_Bartman

Lord_Steve_Bartman Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2005
    The same reason why Boba Fett's dad had to be the source of the clones and that Chewbacca was directly involved with Yoda in the war. To connect everything together stupidly so that every main character in the OT was influential in the pre trilogy as well. Except han solo.

3. Grand_Theft_Autumn

Jun 16, 2005
    That just makes it that much more of a fantasy than a realistic Sci-Fi.

Fall Out Boy
    Yeah I went there!

4. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    Star Wars was never science fiction. It was always fantasy.

5. Grand_Theft_Autumn

Jun 16, 2005
    Okay, it's always been fantasy, but it's a lot more fake for making all of the completed circles. I don't get why Han and Lando are left out!

Fall Out Boy
    Yeah I went there!

6. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    Han was in the rough draft in Episode III. No kidding. He helped the jedi find Grievous.

7. Grand_Theft_Autumn

Jun 16, 2005
    I think all of this connecting is pointless and doesn't help the OT at all. What is the purpose of any of the connections? Yoda and Chewbaca were friends. C-3PO is Anakin's robot. Threepio was Padme's "handmaiden"

Fall Out Boy
    Yeah I went there!

8. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    See-Threepio and Artoo I can live with, Boba, ok your pushing it, Chewie... agh, just stupid.

-The Scummy-

9. Grand_Theft_Autumn

Jun 16, 2005
    Thank You Scummy.

Fall Out Boy
    Yeah I went there!

10. ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP_

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2005
    from an OT standpoint, Lando's the only one who would have made any sense, I mean the early ESB script described Lando as a clone left over from the clone wars, so much for that idea

11. Aeneas_Falco

Aeneas_Falco Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    The droids shouldn't have appeared at all in the prequels, unless it was only a cameo as Bail Organa's droids. Having a relative of Boba Fett as the template for the clones was just dumb & unnecessary. I don't have a problem with seeing Chewbacca, but giving him a connection to Yoda was strething it. At best the audience should have caught a brief glimpse of him in the battle, and have that be the end of it. Thank God we didn't see Han on Kashyyk as originally planned.

12. ohwise1

ohwise1 Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2005
    I'm so glad Han Solo was left out. It really makes him stand out more in the OT. He does things on his terms and we appreciate that because he didnt help in the PT or had a brother here or a droid there that lucas would connect with the OT. The OT belongs to him now, he has no issues he's just Han Solo.

13. Rouge_Three

Rouge_Three Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    Putting C-3PO into the PT was usless. I guess they tried to put him in there to connect him to the OT and to put some humor into them movies like he did in the OT. At least they managed to connect him without making it too absurd though. Anakin built him, returned to Tatooine and got him, and then gave him to Padme, explaining how he got his gold coating. Then it tells how he came into possession of Captian Antilles.

Boba Fett's appearance though was just wrong. He should have been like Han and stayed a mystery. Even then, putting him as the cloned son of a great bounty hunter is rediculous. Chewbacca is also someone who shouldn't have made it into the prequels, as he doesn't really fit very well. Yoda gets help from the Wookies, and one of them just so happens to be Chewie! OMG! It also doesn't seem to fit entirely well since Yoda was a Jedi, and in ANH, Chewie seems to agree with Han when he talks about the Force being some old mumbo jumbo.

The only real cameo that I think fit into the PT was R2, and we know that's because he tells of the story, what was it, a thousand years later? Bail Organa fit in pretty well too, but we only saw him a little in ROTS

14. Box_Of_Sharp_Objects

Box_Of_Sharp_Objects Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2005
    Bail Organa was in all three PT, but had a bigger part in ROTS.

15. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Yeah, I totally agree. Obi-Wan and Anakin shouldn't have been in it either. It should just have been Han and Lando playing Sabacc so we can see how Han won the MF since that is the only important thing in the OT. *rolls eyes*

SW is a modern mythology. In mythology, and whenever prophecies are involved, there are lots of coincidences.

The original post about why the droids were in the PT just flabbergasts me. It must suck to HAVE to criticize every ounce of minute in SW. If the droids weren't in it, the very same people saying they shouldn?t have been would be complaining that they weren't.

The PT board has reached a new low.

16. Box_Of_Sharp_Objects

Jun 17, 2005
    shut the (censor)HELL(censor over) up jangoisadrunk!
    You must see how all these connections just make the PT that much worse!

17. Aeneas_Falco

Aeneas_Falco Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    "If the droids weren't in it, the very same people saying they shouldn?t have been would be complaining that they weren't."

A big swing and a miss!

Try again.

18. Box_Of_Sharp_Objects

Jun 17, 2005
    The only people who should be in the PT and OT are:
    Anakin/Vader
    Obi-Wan
    Yoda
    Emperor Palps
    possibly R2 since he saved lives a lot

19. Rouge_Three

Rouge_Three Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    "The original post about why the droids were in the PT just flabbergasts me. It must suck to HAVE to criticize every ounce of minute in SW. If the droids weren't in it, the very same people saying they shouldn?t have been would be complaining that they weren't."

Huh. And here I thought the point of these forums was to discuss Star Wars and voice opinions.

Stop acting like an elitist.

20. kann

kann Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    what about Padme?

I mean, she brings Luke and Leia into the saga and all......

21. Box_Of_Sharp_Objects

Jun 17, 2005
    I was mentioning all of the characters from the OT that should make appearances in the PT. Can you read?

22. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Wrong again, buddy. The only thing that makes the PT worse is this brand of infantile bashing. Maybe if someone wanted to construct an actual argument why the PT would be better without all the OT cameos, rather than just spam the board with stuff like "The PT sux!!!" I'd be more willing to not dismiss it out of hand; however, there is no such analytical thought in this tread - only brain belches.

Next time you want to insult me, be a man and send me a PM. That "(censor)" crap means nothing to me.

Uh, how is liking something despite its flaws being an elitist, and at what point do you discuss SW? Agreeing with negative spam without adding anything worthwhile is not "discussing" anything.

23. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    How about folks stop sniping at each other before you get banned? Is it really that difficult to discuss A FICTIONAL UNIVERSE without making personal comments about each other?

24. The-D

The-D Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2005
    Imminent bannage.

Oh, to bathe in the power of a Mod for a day :D

This is the treasure I seek.

25. The-D

The-D Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2005

Possibly R2? You mean Absolutley R2.

R2 is the Hero of Star Wars.

If before 1999, there was a Pre-TPM returning OT cast member party, R2 should have the second seat conceding the 1st to The Chosen One.

I think he's that important. Without that droid, everyone would be dead-dead-deadski.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.