main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA C-4 Information thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Lord_Darth_Vader, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    This thread is for general information regarding C-4. Such as Hotel info, event schedules, dinner schedules, etc.

2. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    I have a price list for X-Wing fighter costumes from a reputible maker. They are pricy, but the work is good quality. For those who planned on a costume for C-4. PM me if you are interested. This place gives Rebel Legion discounts.

3. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    I think it goes without saying (although i guess im saying it) that we all should bring snackage down to LA as buying a 10 dollar sandwhich everytime one gets hungry could get a little pricey.

4. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    Hey, I'm all about the snackage idea. I can still remember a trip we made to Disney World, and we were pretty broke...if any of you have gone, do you know Pinocchio's "eatery" in the Magic Kingdom (the one by "It's a Small World")? Well, we would sneak in there with our Wal-mart sandwiches, vienna sausage, crackers and tunafish and fill up on all their free condiments. It makes me laugh so hard when I think about it...we would eat what seemed like 100 of the little condiment cups full of their cheeze-whiz, hot mushrooms and pickles. It was pathetic, but you do what you gotta do, right? Maybe if I start saving now, I can actually afford NOT to eat any mystery meat the whole time I'm in LA...

5. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    Maybe Im just hungry but here's a link to a restaurant a few miles away from our hotel that I've been going to since 1993.

http://www.elcholo.com/

It's huge so there should be plenty of room for us, and Paul McCartney (along with regulars like Jack Nicholson) has eaten there.

If it's good enough for Paulie it's good enough for me!

6. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    I can survive on fast foods for a few days. And yes, snackage is a good idea. I will be bringing plenty of that

7. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    I'm all about the Mexican place (and I love the name) -- I'm sure I can find some mystery meat there! :p (And I can say that since my last name is Doria...roll the "r"...) As long as it has good chips and salsa -- a Mexican resturant can be judged by it's salsa...I hate the chunky stuff! I want it spicy and well blended! I'll make sure I have enough dinero for a night out. I'm sure we'll all be glad for a little time away from the convention center.

8. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    Yes I know its five months away but hey its ONLY five months away, we really need to have a few extra meetings to discuss our booth campaign (for lack of a better word) and conduct for this event.

Nasus (or can I call you 'Sus?)...I am pming you my reference for our application right now.

9. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
  10. JediDarkNight

JediDarkNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2005
    If it's good enough for any Beatle, it's good enough for me!

--Jedi Dark Night

11. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Amen to that. Good idea. Okay, now we have a place for dinner for one night. Any other suggestions?

12. AuntBeruLars

AuntBeruLars Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2006
    Just as long as we can join you after we arrive on Saturday, it doesn't much matter. We will only be there on Saturday and Sunday nights. All suggestions gladly accepted since I don't know L.A. at all. [face_blush]

13. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    Dur! Of course you can join us, but each one of you WILL have to do an interpretive dance of the Star Wars episode of you choice. :)

14. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    Has anyone ever gone to Pink's Hot Dogs? They are in Hollywood but the hot dogs are fantastic. You can get them with every imaginible toppings and even some unimaginable ones. They have been there forever. It is a little stand with some inside and outside seating but they line up down the block to get them. It is very informal but could be a fun field trip. :) oops there goes my school lingo. They even had some vegetarian stuff for you Avolyn. :)

http://www.pinkshollywood.com/

check out their web site.

15. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    Yes as a matter of fact I have. Back in my pre-"Hey I have diabetes" phase when I couldn't figure out why my appetite was so huge, I went there and got their biggest burger which had patties and hot dog in it.

It would make a good stop on a field trip as its near Hollywood.

16. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Okay, looks like we have number two done. Any more??

17. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    Well there is the Randy Rooster but I'm not sure if that's a place we should all go together to.

18. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Oh there is such a joke there, but I won't touch it. ;)

19. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    Something that rhymes with rockadoodle?

Now there's a great movie,... Rockadoodle!

[image=http://www.limonproduction.com/resimler/posterbig/rockadoodle.jpg]

20. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    watched that movie many times when Sucram was little. :) Did I say many times!!!! What can beat an Elvis Rooster. :) I know, I know.....an Elvis clone trooper. :)

21. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
  22. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Sooooo...looking at my calendar...I may be able to go to C4 on Fri, Sat and Sun.
    Keep your fingers crossed for me. I don't want to miss the biggest con the world has ever seen when it's in my own backyard.

23. Leia1138

Leia1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2006
    Snacks would be good. I checked to see if the hotel has a fridge and it looks like you may have to pay for one. I've never heard of that!

I hardly ate at CIII. I remember getting breakfast at 6 am at the McDonald's in the Dallas airport, eating nachos at the convention center for lunch and then not eating again for over 24 hours. I was waiting in line, being shuffled from room to room to see Rick McCallum and I finally said, forget it, I'm going to Steak and Shake! :)

24. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Hey I can bring my portable Hibachi grill and then we can disconnect the smoke alarm in the room. ;) LOL

25. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Make sure you check out the TF.N CIV thread:

http://boards.theforce.net/fanforce_star_wars_celebration_iv/b10611/p1

It shows how your fellow fans are getting ready for the big con. I even started a thread there about seeing "Pirates of The Caribbean: At World's End" that weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.