main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA C-4 Information thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Lord_Darth_Vader, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDarkNight

JediDarkNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2005

Although I'm sure it wasn't intended to be racist, I hope these photos are not taken as a racial comment being that one is of a white furred cat on the Light (good) Side of the Force and the other is of a black furred one on the Dark (bad) Side of the Force. There has been a history of issues of the stereotyping of the "good guys" wear white and the "bad guys" wear black and what it racially implies. Please bear in mind, I'm not blaming any one for anything; it's just that many people are not aware of the racial implications behind a white figure battling a black one. I'm aware that in the Star Wars movies, the mythic element of the good guys wear white (such as Luke Skywalker in the first film) and the bad guys wear black (Darth Vader) is definitely there, needless to say. However, the colours of the two cats in the photos are their natural fur colours as opposed to merely the colour of their clothes.

I'm bringing this up because I just don't want any members to get offended in the group.

--Jedi Dark Night

2. RDtwotwo

RDtwotwo Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2007
    Seriously??? They are cats, I don't think they care what color their fur is, I, for one am not bothered. But to tell the truth I am more of a dog person myself and therefore would rather see a canine duel than a feline one. That is one persons opinion and does not reflect the thoughts and views of others...lol

3. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    Coming from a family that is mixed with both colors, we were not offended by any of the cats. I think to many people are looking for to many reasons to be offended now a days. While we have to be vigilant against racism, I think we can look to far if we aren't careful. PC is taking the fun out of the life. I think this group cares enough about each other to ensure that we would not want to hurt anyone in it. I hope that we all think before we speak and I also hope that we all can enjoy and take a joke as it was intended. :)

Besides the white cat would have clashed with the sith outfit and we can't have clashing colors. :) The girls in the group can back me up here. :)

4. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    Here, here, Nasus! =D=

Yes, no clashing colors. Who would take a Jedi seriously if he or she can't even match their clothes to their skin tone and hair? ::valley girl voice:: I mean, seriously!

5. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Nasus, I shall get to you the drawing of the xwing. Or perhaps better, do you have the email of the printer to whom I can send the file?

6. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    I will get it for you.

7. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I hate to do this...I really do..but can we PLEASE keep this thread on topic.
    CIV is coming up fast and as soon as they put the schedule up we will need this thread (and maybe one or two more) to keep the Rogues in formation, especially with manning our table.

I think I said this earlier, but it bears repeating. Saturday, May 26th, 11am come watch the 501st, including our own Central California Garrison participate in the Trooper Olympics. Yours truly will be the token TIE for the CCG hoping to bring her team a victory! :cool:

8. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Erm the drawing I mentioned in the posting is for our C4 clothing which we will be wearing for C4 which is a C4 related topic... erm...uh [face_whistling]

9. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    I believe looking back at the previous page, ALL of us were responsible from straying here and there. This thread though (I agree with Hawkie) will be in great demand for our organization and enjoyment of the upcoming celebration.

Bith can you send me the drawing also. Thanks

10. AuntBeruLars

AuntBeruLars Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2006
    *AuntBeru feels excitement about CIV increasing*
    CIV is only 4 1/2 weeks away. [face_hypnotized]

11. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    Yikes -- how far away? That is 2 paychecks!! I don't need the LT in my life, I need a rich, geeky sugar daddy that is willing to pay for my SW habit!!

Is it too late to start saving NOW???? ;)

I need some planning, people! Are we all going to try to get together for dinner more than once while we're there? Are we heading on any other field trips? Whose room is the party room??? (Yeah right, like I'll be there...I'll be asleep by midnight, who am I foolin'????)I-)

12. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    [face_laugh] Ha! I save my money while you people go to CIV.... that paltry... best.... show... ever.... awww....[face_worried] :_|

-TJ

13. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    But srsly, sounds like j00 f00z will have a blast!

-TJ [face_dancing]

14. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    I'd love to see some pictures of your adventures there at CIV when I come out there.

@};-

15. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    We'll all have a good time for you, TJ. Does that make you feel better??;)

16. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    *Hawkie freaking out now* 4 1/2 weeks?!?!? My costume still isn't done. GAH!
    I'm okay on funds (I think)...but planning...how can I plan when LFL hasn't released the official schedule?!!?! GAH!!!
    :eek: <--freaked out Hawk

17. JediDarkNight

Sep 24, 2005
    Seriously.

Many people would be surprised to see how much stereotyping is embedded in what seems to be harmless humour.

--Jedi Dark Night

18. JediDarkNight

Sep 24, 2005
    What about the god father of them Sith, the Emperor Palpatine? He has a white-as-can be face peaking out of a black hooded robe! LOL

No, seriously, I'm glad to hear that your family, Nasus, is not offended by it. I just hope no one else of colour in the group will be. I guess that would have to be left up to consensus (not that I'm necessarily calling for one).

Oh, and I do perfectly understand about PC taking "all" the fun out of life. If we're too PC there'll be no art or pop culture left in the true creative sense. So I can definitely agree with you on that. Although a liberal, I wasn't trying to be a radical; just raising a question was all. :)

--Jedi Dark Night

19. JediDarkNight

Sep 24, 2005
    Ditto my reply to Nasus! LOL

--Jedi Dark Night

20. JediDarkNight

Sep 24, 2005
    How are we all getting to C-IV by the way? Are any of us car pooling? Going by plane? Train? Bus? Broom? Bantha? Or better yet, starship? LOL

We should perhaps work out the transportation arrangements so we can see who can car pool with who and who may have to make their own transportation arrangements. If there's no one I can car pool with, then I can probably take a plane or train there. I just thought maybe we should have an idea.

--Jedi Dark Night

21. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Um, there's been talk of it going on for quite awhile now, here and there I believe.

I suggest checking some of the back pages to find out what plans are looking like!

-TJ ;)

22. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    Since I won't make it to CIV, I'll have to catch the next Star Wars or maybe Sci Fi convention nearby if there will be a section for Star Wars. If I was out there now, I'd have probably gone for the carpool thing.

@};-

23. AuntBeruLars

AuntBeruLars Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2006
    We are driving down Sat morning and returning on Monday. Our car is full though.

*AuntBeru prays there is room for all the luggage...and cooler...and food...and drinks.*

24. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    I'm driving down Thursday and returning Monday, but my car will be packed to the roof.

25. RDtwotwo

RDtwotwo Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2007
    I'm driving down as well, fully loaded and ready to party like it's cel-ebra-tion IV [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.