C-4 Information thread

Discussion in 'Sacramento, CA' started by Lord_Darth_Vader, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    From the latest Star Wars Newsletter:

A Conversation with Carrie Fisher
    Saturday, May 26
    9:00 PM
    Concourse Stage, Los Angeles Convention Center

Fans at Celebration IV can join actress Carrie Fisher for an intimate evening on Saturday, May 26th. Fisher, who portrayed the beloved Princess Leia in the original Star Wars trilogy, will share memories and anecdotes from her experiences with Star Wars, in stories told as only Carrie Fisher can tell them. Without a script, without an emcee, the evening promises to be a one-of-a-kind conversation, filled with witty and candid insight and memories. Fans of the Star Wars movies, and fans of Fisher's work in the movie, television, and publishing arenas, will not want to miss this opportunity to hear from one of the actors who has been part of the Star Wars story since the beginning.

Tickets to A Conversation With Carrie Fisher are available exclusively to registered pass holders for Celebration IV. Admission to Fisher's appearance is $15 and seating is limited. Tickets are for sale on Gen Con's registration web site:

http://registration.gencon.com/celebration/. Hurry! Online registration ends Monday, April 30!

One-Time-Only Preview of Fanboys at Celebration IV!

Fans will meet Fanboys on Friday, May 25, when those attending the Star Wars party of a lifetime will have the chance to be the first to see sequences from the upcoming Weinstein Company's Star Wars-themed comedy.

The one-time-only presentation, only for those attending Celebration IV, is scheduled for Friday afternoon in the Celebration Theater at the Los Angeles Convention Center. A special panel discussion with the movie's creators will follow on Saturday, May 26 on the Concourse Stage.

In Fanboys, director Kyle Newman presents an uproarious comedy that follows a group of young friends on a cross-country quest to break into Skywalker Ranch and see Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace before it is released. It stars Sam Huntington (Superman Returns), Chris Marquette (Joan of Arcadia), Dan Fogler (the upcoming Kung Fu Panda) and Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars).

As a special bonus, Weinstein Co. has also created a unique comic book, that follows the characters' obsessive love of Star Wars, and tells a story of their friendship leading up to the events of the movie. The comic will be offered to fans as a first-opportunity, limited edition at Celebration IV.

In addition to Newman and Perniciaro, several members of the Fanboys cast are expected to attend Celebration IV, pending production schedules for the popular young actors.

"Family Guy" Creator Seth MacFarlane at Celebration IV!
    Special Star Wars Episode Sneak Peek

Seth MacFarlane, the creator and executive producer of the Fox hit animated series, "Family Guy," is scheduled to appear at Star Wars Celebration IV. MacFarlane, recognized as one of the youngest artists ever to create a television series, also voices many of the show's most beloved characters, including Peter, Stewie, Quagmire, and Brian.

This fall, MacFarlane and Fox will air a special one hour "Family Guy episode that's a tribute to the Star Wars Saga as unique as only MacFarlane and his talented team of writers can make it. Fans at Celebration IV will be treated to a first look at parts of the episode, called Blue Harvest, and will have the opportunity to hear about it from MacFarlane and members of his team.

MacFarlane and the writers of the show have often riddled "Family Guy" with Star Wars references, but the coming episode will be all about the galaxy far, far away . . . from a "Family Guy" point of view. Joining MacFarlane on stage will be "Family Guy" Executive Producer David A. Goodman, Director Dominic Polcino, and writer Alec Sulkin. The group will talk about their experiences creating the show, as well as the upcoming Star Wars episode. After their onstage interview, it will be the audience's turn to speak up in a special question and answer session.

Don't Forget!: Star Wars Celebrity!

Show off your talent to
  2. CaeliRose Jedi Knight

star 2

Hey! I may be leaving from the Modesto train station if I can't finagle the car from my husband...ha ha ha Same day too...Amtrak right? If you're not an Amtrak member yet you should join...points rack up pretty fast with them...:D
  3. PatttyB0123 RSA Latin America

Manager
    star 6
    Cool. :D

I am leaving at 8AM.

My husband is driving me from Sonora, but he is not going. He does not like SW. :p

My 11 years son is going with me.

Edit: I don't want the thread go out of the topic. Just in case PM me. ;)

4. RDtwotwo Jedi Knight

What hotel have you picked as a group? And what are the rates they have qoted to you ? If you don't mind. Just trying to compare deals... thanks
  5. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Please RSVP for the Rebel Legion/Fan Force Mixer by April 30. Payments will be due by May 7. Payment details coming soon.
  6. CaeliRose Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ack! Anyone else staying at the Bonavinture and still need a room mate?!?! [face_love] <-- that's me kissing butt...lol
  7. AuntBeruLars Jedi Knight

star 3
    Most of our group is staying at the Holiday Inn by the convention center. I believe Jedidoria still has room in her room. PM her or Nasus_Sivad.
  8. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Thanks Matt!
    REMINDER! If anyone from the SVRF who is not a RL member wants to go PM me!
  9. CaeliRose Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thanks Aunt Beru! You rock!
  10. Jedidoria Jedi Master

star 4
    CaeliRose, I sent you a PM...hopefully, we can make this happen!

Is anyone going to the mixer? Anyone going to the Carrie Fisher thing? Before I buy tickets and try to make plans I want to know who is doing what so I know who'll be around for me to pester!! Where's the chatter rogues? I want to know what's going on...I'm a planning kind of gal, and this lack of schedule is killing me!! (Don't tell me that it's still a month away[face_frustrated]...hrumpf!...I want to plan NOOOOWWWWWW...)
  11. CaeliRose Jedi Knight

star 2
    I feel ya...I don't think I'll even make it to the Carrie Fisher thing. I volunteer for both Gen Con and OPX...heh...I'll be the overworked SW fan with the huge grin permanently stuck to my face asking people if they would like fries with their order. heh
  12. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm definitely the type who likes to plan. None of this flying by the seat of my pants business. ;)

The deadline for signing up for the mixer is tomorrow at 5 pm and payment ($25 or $33..depending on # of people) will be due the following week.
  13. AuntBeruLars Jedi Knight

star 3
    I understood that we Rogues are going to get together for our own "Mixer"...do dinner together, or whatever on Saturday night.

We would love to do the Rebel Legion Mixer on Sunday, but at this point, are not planning to spend the money. Besides, with Darth Di Kum along, parties with a lot of alcohol don't really fit our style. [face_skull]
  14. Jedidoria Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, AuntBeru, I'm totally up for the Rogue mixer -- Saturday night while you guys are around, right? Mexican food, if I remember...that will be a blast. That's one night down...:D

I think I'll be skipping the other mixer, just 'cause I think I'd really like to do the Carrie Fisher thing, and I'm gonna have to start budgeting a bit at some point. I haven't even bought any autograph coupons and I am determined to see Ray "he's-so-fine" Park while I'm there...
  15. AuntBeruLars Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ray "he's so fine" Park....[face_laugh] 8-}
  16. Jedidoria Jedi Master

star 4
    Heyyyy...are you laughing at the fact that I think he's fine??? He is you, know!:p
  17. Leia1138 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey Jedidoria, I'm thinking about going to the Carrie Fisher thing on Saturday.
  18. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Hopefully he'll be wearing his SFFF shirt. ;)
  19. Bith_Lord Jedi Master

star 4
    Now this is just too cool...

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20070427.html
  20. Jedidoria Jedi Master

star 4
    Yea! If I have time I'm going to get my tickets for it today. I think it'll be fun!:D
  21. Jedidoria Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_frustrated] Showoff...:p
  22. Jedidoria Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, Bith, here's a little story for you...

Charlie (my now 10 year old son for those not in-the-know) wanted to do Laser Tag for his birthday this year. Ok, fine, no problem. Well, we get to the laser tag place here in cow-ville and it's a flippin' nightmare. Teenagers running the place -- they have the schedule all jacked up as to who is going in and out, and we end up in the second game scheduled, even though we were the first ones there. Still, no worries, and we are excited to go (I had never been laser-tagging before...sad, huh?). We wait for the first game to get done, and see all these BIG sweaty guys come out whoopin' and hollerin' and high five-ing each other. Now, it's our turn to go in. The teenager giving us our "briefing" tells us how there's some glich in their system and we need to suit up fast so we don't waste our playing time. OK, dumb ole' me, I'm still OK with all of this. Well, my family all goes and suits up, and I grab the last vest. It STUNK of man-smell and sweat, and once I put it on over my head I could feel it was SWEATY, too. I wanted to take it back off and hurl, but my son was like, "Oh mom, come on, this is fun, blah, blah, blah..." so I played a 20 minute game of laser tag coated in some nasty dude's funk. I was lucky enough to smell like that fine young gentleman for the rest of the night. On top of everything else, my team lost. So, if you didn't seem this coming in my short story -- HECK NO will I be laser tagging with all the comic book dudes (Simpsons reference -- not a commentary about men who like comic books...) running around at the convention. Enjoy yourself, and make sure I don't have to sit next to you afterwards. I feel bad for Lise if you are going to take part -- and for sure, don't be touching little Max, you might give him some infectious disease...
  23. Bith_Lord Jedi Master

star 4
    Well howabout you go lazer tagging at c4 and if your vest doesnt pass any and all jedidoria aromatic tests, then you don't have to go :)
  24. Leia1138 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Jedidoria, that story is hilarious - although I'm sure it didn't seem that way at the time.

For all you exclusive hunters, here's a site with the CIV exlusives.

25. Jedidoria Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, I could bring my own Lysol wipes, I suppose, but then I'd really look like a geek!:-B

Leia, that site rocks! Wow...I'm really starting to get excited!!! I hope all the vendors take credit cards, 'cause I have a feeling no matter how much cash I bring, it just won't be enough...:_|
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.