main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA C-4 Information thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Lord_Darth_Vader, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RUSSELLSTANSBERY2

RUSSELLSTANSBERY2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2006
    [face_peace] Hey Tionne, I sent you a PM, can you send me her mailing info for paying her please.

2. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    PM sent, Russ.

3. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    There are still 4 guests for the RL Mixer who have not sent payment and who have not contacted me regarding it. Donna would like to know when you are planning to send payment.

I am not sure which 4 have not yet paid. If this is you, please PM me and let me know what you are planning to do.

4. CaeliRose

CaeliRose Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 5, 2005
    YAY!!! I finally received my GenCon volunteering hours!
    [face_laugh]

5. ekimnotslar

ekimnotslar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 24, 2007
    Hey Rogues- is there any chance we could conduct part or all of the next Saturday 5/19 C4 planning meeting on our Cantina Chat?
    or on the board (open a one hour thread- something like that) [face_thinking] ? I'm probably gonna have to work OT if it's available,
    but I have input and wanna be updated about the planning meeting. I can arrange web access in the jail so I can participate if I'm stuck there.
    I figured since it was at an officer's place, we could try something wacky like that, even if it's just somebody putting ideas on the boards for discussion as the group chats. Let me know if it's possible.
    Thanks guys! Rogue 9
    [image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/thumb/8/86/NR_Provisional_Council.jpg/300px-NR_Provisional_Council.jpg]

6. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Any Rogues going to the 501st Mixer on Thursday night?

7. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    I am..but you knew that already. [face_batting]

8. CaeliRose

CaeliRose Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 5, 2005
    You know. I forgot to mention something at the meeting. There is a resturant in Los Angeles called Clifton's Cafeteria off of 7th and Broadway (a short bus trip up a couple blocks from the convention ctr) that would be a great eating/meeting place if anyone is interested. If there is a group of us going they'll give us a room free of charge and on special occassions (like a celebration?!) they give a free cake of our choosing. All they ask is that you purchase their food which really isn't expensive at all and give them 3days notice. I'll probably be taking my lunch or dinner breaks there since I am sure the food at the convention will be way out of my budget.

It's right in the Jewlery District (between 6th and 7th streets) and at the end of the Toy District (between 3rd and 5th streets).

Oh and just to give you an idea of what it looks like, if you have ever been to or heard of Rain Forest Cafe, I like to think they got their idea from Clifton's Cafe. Clifton's has been a family run business for over 100 years in California. But this particular resturant of theirs is themed old hollywood Wild West.

9. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    Boba and I are both attending. :)

10. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    Boba and I had seen it on the cooking or travel channel and had planned to check it out. Sounded kind of cool and I am not paying the prices they want at the convention.

11. Marric_Korde

Marric_Korde Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 16, 2006
    I'm always open to eating cheaper meals, I tend to eat alot.

Plus I might need to walk a bit, if I'm sitting at our table for most of the day.

12. Leia1138

Leia1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2006
    Well, this still isn't a full schedule, but there is a little more information about CIV events on the Wookieepedia. And make sure you scroll down to the section on Fan Tables for a very familiar organization. :)

13. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    Oh my, how am I going to fit all of that in? That is the best schedule I've seen so far, Leia. Thanks for posting! Wow -- there aren't many fan tables, are there? Or would you think that's just a partial list??? I'm up for the walk to the Cafeteria, too, Marric. I think it'll be nice to get out of the convention center every once in a while. Of course, what I'm not up for is getting lost in LA while wondering around looking like a tourist. I guess that's where poor Caeli will come in -- I'll be bugging her for guidance the whole time!! She'll be sorry she's rooming with me!! (And speaking of rooms -- see my next post...)

14. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    Quick FYI for those with room reservations in their names...I called the HI today to confirm my reservation. They had me down for the right days (ahem, Leia) but had me for just one king bed. When I told the customer service person that wasn't going to work, she said "Oh, you can just try to get a roll-away when you get here." Of course, I told her that DEFINITELY wasn't going to work, and that I had 3 roomies. She put me on hold, and then came back and said she got authorization to change to 2 queens, which is what I wanted. WHEW! As ususal, I don't know how to make a story short -- but if you have a room reservation, you might want to call and confirm that have it set up correctly so there is none of this: [face_frustrated]

And speaking of "setting up," Mrs. Sivad, I owe you a drink down in LA for getting my room for me. You do such a great job for our group -- thanks so much for doing the legwork!!=D=

I'm getting excited!!! I feel like a kid!![face_chicken] (There's no kid face, so I thought I'd go with the chicken to mix it up a little...)

15. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Good Tip Jedidoria

I just called and it looks like eveything's squared away and I also got a fridge which Im getting for only $5 a day. Gotta love the perks of having to store milk.

In other C4 news, I need to get my hands on some Colt 45 for Billy Dee to sign.

16. Marric_Korde

Oct 16, 2006
    I'm trying not to think too much about CIV right now, I have school and work to contend with. I have 2 mid-terms before I leave next week, and at work I have a very time sensitive project that really needs my attention.

But yeah I almost feel like the first time I went to Disney Land for the first time.

17. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    This is going to be like Disneyland for us geeks. Of course you might know more people, wait in longer lines, and have more to do...but hey! It'll be fun!

Thank you for checking up on the room, Doria!!! I owe YOU a drink. :D

18. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    Well, good luck on the mid-terms, Marric. It'll be good to have that out of the way so you don't have to worry about anything while you're in LA. I am so glad to have those days over with. You young'ens...you all make me feel so old!! I want to go back to school!!!!

I'm going to take you up on that drink, Tionne. That is if you are around long enough to buy me one -- I fully expect you to find some dreamy costumed man-of-your-dreams to occupy your time. =P~

What was that, Bith? Fridge-cold Colt 45 party in your room with Billy Dee? Count me in! (Ha -- NO -- totally kidding. I can't hang with the malt beverage...)

19. Marric_Korde

Oct 16, 2006
    although I am young by some standards, others would call me old at 31. Going back to school was a hard decision but one I had to make.

I so want to find the colt-45 add print and see if I can get BDW to sign it.

20. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Heck yeah!!! =P~ Now accepting applications for position of Tionne's "costumed man-of-her-dreams", please attach headshot and resume. ;)

21. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    I think it's great that you are going to school Marric. It took me a LONG time to get my degree (almost 10 years on and off) but I was so glad I did it. I was 31 when I graduated -- so that's not old!! ('Cause I sure wish I was still 31, ahem!)

Do you guys remember the Colt 45 commericals? They were the cheesiest!!! Good ole' BDW -- he is one smooth cat.

Yes, Tionne, keep on the look-out. I'll play Mom for you -- bring the headshots to the hotel and we can weed them out together!!!!

This time next week I'll be in LA -- YIPPEE!! Hopefully in the theater watching ANH on the big screen -- YIPPEE again!!!

22. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    Boo! I can't wait for two weeks from now when it's over! OVER! :mad: [face_laugh]

-TJ [face_whistling]

23. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    Hey you! Be nice! I'll make sure I bring you back a present...like a picture of me and Ray Park...kidding,just kidding...I'll find you something FUN!:D

24. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    We'll bring you a keychain or something. :D

25. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    Yeah, Tionne -- or maybe a t-shirt that says "My fellow Rogues went to CIV and all they brought me back was this lousy t-shirt!" Whadda think, TJ? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.