main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA C-4 Information thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Lord_Darth_Vader, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    That would rock. Should we pack our pirate gear as well, Matt? ;)

2. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    Wow, JedHead, there is a lot going on with that board! It's a day's worth of reading! There is even a weight loss thread...we can all be skinny by CIV...woo hoo!

3. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    LOL yep, lots of good info there. Jedhead, yes, I think we need to schedule something between our groups while we are down there.

4. ekimnotslar

ekimnotslar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 24, 2007
    ya know, I'll have my truck in the parking lot the whole time I'm there. Anyone know if it's possible for me to get there early and park near the building our table will be in? We could toss a barbacue (propane easiest) in the back of my truck and take turns burning soy burgers, tri-tip, and grilling veggies or whatever. I'm gonna fill a big cooler with soda's & stuff (after reading posts). I will be driving my truck and 5th wheel to LA Wednesday eve, dropping anchor at RV park on ocean 30 min. away, and driving in. I will be so excited Wednesday night I won't be able to sleep anyway, so I'll probably be EARLY for Fan Day.

5. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    You are already offering to make Boca patties(soy burgers), hey I like this Rogue.:cool:

6. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    Oh the memories you just brought back. We missed breakfast the first day, lunch also due to being in the store line and finally was able to drag ourselves in the Steak and Shake a little after 10:00pm for something to eat and drink. Food never tasted so good. You can never truly appreciate a good hamburger until a time like that but I suppose that a bad hamburger would have tasted equally as good at that time. :) Will make better plans this time.

7. ekimnotslar

Jan 24, 2007
    Hey, I'm not known for being very lucky, but I'll tell ya what I tried: this afternoon I emailed LA Convention center staff and asked if they had a spot where I could park my 5th wheel RV- in the parking lot, in actual designated parking, or whatever. I even added that it would be used as a headquarters for fan club volunteer prep or something like that (why not go for broke). You never know until you ask. Think of the possibilities though! I got a full kitchen in there!

8. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    I like the way you think. :) That is what got us into the hotel we got in to. Just ask. :)

9. AuntBeruLars

AuntBeruLars Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2006
    Cool, ekimnotslar. Very cool, indeed!!! Let's all hope for a positive response.

10. JediDarkNight

JediDarkNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2005
    Sivad, I just wanted to confirm, I believe that the reservations you made for me at the Oni was just weekend reservations (Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights?). I was planning on just going for the weekend; I'm not sure if I told you that. If I didn't, PM me to see what we can work out.

--Jedi Dark Night

11. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    I have you in the room for those nights. I have the room open for Thursday also in case there are others that will be sharing the room with you that want to come for the fan day.

Hey guys,
    I have this room open for Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun at the New Otani Hotel. The rates are $107 per night. The cost will be evenly distributed to you. Let me know if you are interested in sharing this room with Jedi Dark Night.

12. ekimnotslar

Jan 24, 2007
    Alright Rogue group, check this out: I called LA Convention Center about parking my 28 foot 5th. wheel RV in their parking lot, and they said they have parking RIGHT NEXT TO THE CONVENTION CENTER for $64 overnight (no hook-ups of course-just a parking lot). I was gonna go to a place on the ocean about 17 miles away- it was cheaper, had hook-ups, and was ON the beach. So now I gotta decide on the sure thing (reservations on the coast) or hoping for an RV spot next to the convention center. I was gonna drive down Wednesday night (5/23) and hope to get a primo spot, but I might need to go Tuesday night to secure a spot. I imagine there will be a lot of rigs there carrying supplies, etc., for the big show. This has definite potential. [face_dancing]

The big problem is, if I go down there hoping for a spot NEXT TO THE CONVENTION and there 'aint one, I'm gonna have to have a fall-back nearbye, in a high travel month (it's close enough to summer to be risky). I'm gonna do the research for the fall-back and take the risk.[face_laugh]

If I do go for it and get lucky, I totally wanna set-up an SVRF command post for breaks, chow,home base, etc. [:D] [face_dancing]

I might even make a big plastic radar dish, and a 4 barrel turret for the top of my
    trailer!"...She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts. I made a lot of special modifications myself..." Does SVRF got a banner for the club?

What do ya think?

13. ekimnotslar

Jan 24, 2007
    The Force is with us, Rogue Group! So far I've confirmed each space is 17ft long, and that I would need two to accomodate the length of my RV and tow vehicle: $64 overnight. There should be enough space to deploy my slide and my awning, if I get there early enough and steal a great spot. Another vehicle can park there temporarily, but will be charged standard parking rate if it stays for long (like overnight). The RV/oversize vehicle parking area is located NEXT TO South Hall, which will be the C4 exibit hall. I do not believe "It's a trap!"

I checked the surrounding areas for favorable docking bays, and there are plan B options within 5-9 miles if I don't get a spot. I think if I got there a day early (Tuesday evening late/Wednesday AM) I stand a good chance of getting a sweet spot to drop anchor. I could take a barbacue, a couple tables, etc., in the back of my truck on the way down. This is looking really good, especially considering the proximity to exibit hall.

Eating, propane barbacueing, socializing, etc., is O.K. with management. We could set up a big cooler on standbye for beverages (Avalyn can store her Correllian Brandy INSIDE the Falcon-it's rare afterall!) and fill it with hotel ice. I have a decent size RV fridge and freezer, and massive dry food storage space. I'm putting it out there as an offer to any and all interested.[:D] It's kinda like Dex's diner (on wheels)-self serve vegan sliders, etc... (I like meat though)

All I need now is the plans for a radar dish and quad gun (or two) for the top of my rig, and I'm ready to fly.[face_laugh] any ideas? 4 pvc pipes glued to a newspaper dispenser?

14. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Make sure Lone Starr and Barf don't find out you stole their RV, err starship. ;)

15. ekimnotslar

Jan 24, 2007
    bye the power of dark helmet man, I will heed your words. Though they had a motorhome/space ship; mine is a "dropship"/5th wheel trailer. Shall we say the escape pod separates for easy escape?

you laugh now, but when it's dark out and everyone is gathered around the portable firepit drinking beverages, cooking tofu and trip tip steaks on the propane grill at C4 , you be thankful!
    [face_laugh]
    any ideas on how to build a Falcon size radar dish and couple quad guns out of pvc, popsicle sticks, and pipe cleaners?[face_thinking]

16. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Can't wait to see it.

Here's my update on seeing "Pirates 3" while at C4:

http://boards.theforce.net/fanforce_star_wars_celebration_iv/b10611/25994827/p2/?30

17. ekimnotslar

Jan 24, 2007
    I'm game to see Pirates 3 while in LA for C4. I saw early posts that brought this up, and I would definitely be "on board" to go.

18. Womprat429

Womprat429 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2006
    Ok, it's a long shot, but I figured I would ask. I'm sure everyone has their plans pretty much set for C4, but just in case you didn't yet, here is what I'm gonna do. I'm going for all four days, 25th-28th, but not the fan club day. I can't really afford a hotel room on my budget, so I'm going to stay with my dad who lives in Burbank, not too far away from the CC. I'm looking for anyone who might be interested in carpooling to C4. Even if you do have a hotel room, I would be more than happy to drop you off there before going to Burbank, as it's only 20 minutes away from the Convention Center. I have a comfy green Ford Aerostar minivan, (officially christened the Moribund Womprat)that doesn't do too bad on gas and has plenty of room for people and luggage. I'm basically just looking for someone to split the cost of gas with. I'll be going whether or not I find someone to accompany me, but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask, right? Plus if you are broke like me and can't afford a hotel room, you can always crash at my dad's house as well.

19. ekimnotslar

Jan 24, 2007
    [face_peace]
    ...and if ya wanna crash at the convention, you can have my 5th wheel floor or couch (depending on what friends I add to sleeping arrangements), or bring a reclining lawn chair and blanket/bag & you can sleep out under the stars, fellow Rogue.
    I will have a campfire pit (likely propane for clean burn) out there as well. [face_peace]

20. Womprat429

Womprat429 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2006

That is awesome of you to offer! I just might take you up on that! Definitely bringing the sleeping bag. Yay, urban camping in LA! Sweet!

21. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Well, it's official. I got the time off approved yesterday and today I bought my CIV registration. 4 days of SW insanity, here I come!!!!!!
    Now, who was it had a "girls only" room? [face_batting]

22. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Hawkie, Yesssss! :D

That would be our girlfriend Jedidoria.

23. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    Yea!! Come share the very high cost of the room with me, please oh please!

24. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    PMed you!!! :D

25. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    *raises hand*

Glad you're joining the insanity, Hawkie! 8-} [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.