main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA C-4 Information thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Lord_Darth_Vader, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    I was there! Good for you for performing :) I did not catch the Helen Reddy reference, but I am not that familiar with the oeuvre of the Redster. Actually I think I have a photo my wife took of you performing. The Cabaret was one of our favorites.

2. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    "Candle on the water" was one of the songs Helen Reddy sang in the movie of Pete's Dragon.
    One of my favorites!

3. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    Mental Note: Hawkster is the go to girl for Broadway musicals, falconry AND Pete's Dragon trivia.

4. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    *bows with a flourish*
    What can I say...I'm a girl of many talents. :D

5. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Small but very prized possession...

A few of the bulbs off of Elliot just before the very last 'Official" Electrical Parade when away for the first time. (Got to hug Elliott "goodbye" in the Disneyland float barn and the bulbs were a gift from some of the CM's after they accidently(seriously.. I accidently brushed them off when I was hugging him)...fell off.

NOTE TO SELF: Be sure to mark the "baggie" they are in before something happens and someone finds a baggie with a few "christmas lights" in it and throws it away!!! Opps

(ok BIG Pete's Dragon fan here too!)

6. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    " A dragon, a dragon I swear I saw a dragon!"

I had a read and hear audio children's book of Pete's Dragon I listened to a lot as a kid. What's up with the realistic Eliot they just made as a figure recently? A little scary.

7. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
  8. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Waayyyy off topic, but...what figure? I wanna see!

*Trying to put the train back on track*
    Any thoughts of what the exclusive CIV figure might be?

9. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    Yes.

Pete's Dragon.

Sorry. Had to.

Okay back on track....

10. TheFandomMenace

TheFandomMenace Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2006
    Mesa hopin' fer dark side jar jar binks!

11. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    *fwaps Jar Jar upside the head* sorry....reflex. O:)

12. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    We can bring our c3 book to the next meeting for Ekim to check out. It has the schedule, maps, and all the pictures of the MANY things to see. I agree with Leia. We were there for the full convention and even attended the very last event before they closed the door and was in the line for the store the first day. We really had no down time at all and what little there was, was used to rest. :) We are also going to volunteer as we hope that there will be some duplicated events from the previous convention thus freeing up some time to volunteer. I would start off slow and get the feel of the convention before committing to all of that time. You can always offer more time if you find you have it on your hands but if your aren't committed and find yourself involved in the many activities, you don't feel bad if you end up not fulfilling commitment. OR you fulfill commitment and miss great convention times and experiences. Alot of the volunteer jobs are unglamourous and could consist of keeping lines lined up and clearing rooms for the next groups to come in.

13. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    You will never realize how many stupid people there are in the general public than when you are doing line control at a convention. :rolleyes:

14. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    Or work in retail/customer service. :oops:

-TJ

15. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Amen to that, brother.

16. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    Heh... We'll have to swap stories at 80's Night next week... ;)

-lady comes up to the kiosk, lights are out, there's a sign on the door, and I'm counting the register- "...Are you closed?"" -she asks.-

Grr!

-TJ

17. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    Thank you, I appreciate hearing that. :) I'd love to see the picture when I come out there. I don't know if I'll be able to do it this year, but I'm going try.

@};-

18. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    I can post the photo it right here in the forum or if you want I can just email it to you. PM your email if you want to do the latter.

19. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    I don't care if you post it here if no one else does. I'll gladly add it to my Star Wars C 3 collection.

@};-

20. RDtwotwo

RDtwotwo Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2007
    I thought watching "stupid people" was one of the major attractions of C4, it was certainly verrry entertaining last time! Especially some of the hideous costumes, those poor people, it's sad really we should do something really nice for them like...well...um take a picture thank them and enjoy the laughs forever and ever!!!! bwa ha ha ha
    Pete's Dragon? Is there really room for everyone in this world? Even if you are from Passsimahatchy..uhhh Passimadady...uh uh uh...

21. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    I guess I'm stupid then? Bith Lord, I'll pm you with my email address.

22. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    It's a very good picture Rose.

23. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    I'm sure you're not trying to be mean, but some of the group here and many Star Wars fans around the world (as anyone whose went to C3 will know) like to make and dress up in their Star Wars costumes and I hardly think they'd like to be termed as "stupid people". Think of those costumers who got to walk in the Tournament of Roses parade as representative of Lucasfilm and Star Wars and got to meet George Lucas. Doesn't sound stupid to me, sounds pretty cool.

Just some food for thought.

24. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    I know you weren't meaning to be rude (I hope) but a lot of us work very hard on our costumes and though I know sometimes they aren't perfect, the point is it takes a lot of courage to do it. I was one of those people chosen to represent the costumers in the Rose Parade and I can tell you there was no prouder moment in my life than walking beside my brothers and sisters in armor. I'll have to tell you all about it sometime. Just thinking about it again makes me smile. :)

I can't wait to be a geek in costume at CIV again. I am just sorry I will have to miss WonderCon...though it does give me time to work on my other costumes.

25. RDtwotwo

RDtwotwo Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2007
    Not at all what I intended, I was refering to the very bad ones as amusement, and not the authentic looking ones that could have been in the films... It definitely takes a certain amount of "bravery" to dress up and walk out among the public when you aren't a mascot or trying to get someone to buy something... I know that I couldn't do it, although I do enjoy halloween for just that reason and school plays were a riot! I don't think I could take the ridicule though.

Back to the hideous though---doesnt it bother you to see someone interfere with a concept by amalgamating things that just dont go together?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.