main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA C-4 Information thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Lord_Darth_Vader, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
  2. sithmastersaul

sithmastersaul Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2005
    well i didnt have a costume for c-3 but i did stand in line for 36 hours before the doors opened at c-3 got rained on and it was cold but a better bunch of people i dont think you could find very friendly and helpful, and i got to see bai ling and ray park i truly had a great time geeks,nerds,losers i think not truly great people are most star wars fans we are all united that way. now i did meet a man who was in his mid forties i would say who got fired so he could come to c-4 but he said it was ok cause he lived with his mom.most of us would not do this but who am i to judge.i hope i get to see you guys before you go to c-4 and i wish you all safe and happy times and c-4 godspeed and ldv i am hoping to see u so i can give you some money

3. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    Well as for costumes, I was nowhere near authentic. I wore a dress I had bought from Cato (a clothing store here in Arkansas) a few years before, and a lady from my Bible Study kindly offered to make the veil as long as I provided her with the materials. I was blessed to make it to Celebration III at all, let alone make it in the Costume Pageant and the Costume Cabaret. That was a far fetch from "There's no way I'd make it to Celebration III" when I first read about it. Sometimes it's worth it just to try, to improvise. I think it's the heart behind the costume more than the costume itself.

@};-

4. ekimnotslar

ekimnotslar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 24, 2007
    Wow. 36 hour line @ C3?! Crikey! I hope arriving Tuesday evening is early enough to grab a good RV spot next to convention building, so I can help with GenCon set-up all day Wednesday. You think I need to go Monday night to secure an RV spot? That's pretty early. I'm gonna call Gencon and LA Convention center. All of my back-up plans for RV involve parking 17+ miles away. [face_thinking]

5. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    ekim,
    you should be okay with the plans you have. Most of the fans will be showing up on Wed. This is shown by the fact that there are hotel rooms available the days before the convention in most of the hotels but they are full as of that Wed. We stood in the fan line the first day for about 4 hours and then went in and by our decision decided to stand in the store line another 7 hours but we wanted to knock the collectibles out right away. The 24 hour store should take care of that problem. There are other lines but you get breaks by getting to sit and enjoy the show, exhibit, speaker, etc that you stood in line to see. We used the program they sent us in advance so we knew exactly where we needed to be and we were able to see everything we wanted to. Don't stress or you will start to not enjoy it.

6. ekimnotslar

Jan 24, 2007

Copy, Rouge 26. Switching-off targeting computer and trusting. Still, those sound like long lines to wait in. Do you guys carry lawn chairs around with you to sit in? Seriously: datsa gonna be murder on meesa feet! Our attack plan rests upon securing that which you refer to as a "program". I trust we can secure said program in order to map the most efficient path to C4 fun enjoyment. I will trust your judgement in these matters, Master Nasus.;)

7. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    And just remember, sitting in lines is a great way to make new friends and get someone to get a hotdog/drink/etc. for you. :D

8. ekimnotslar

Jan 24, 2007
    Indeed, Rogue 3. New friends, soda, etc., all sounds good. Are you planning on volunteering with SVRF, 501st., Gencon, etc.? How much or how little? Did anybody volunteer a little or a lot at C3?

9. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    I will be volunteering a little time most likely with the 501st and RL in costume, but not enough to warrant anything from GenCon. I just want the chance to hang out with my costuming buddies while I enjoy the con.

10. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    I need to find out, hopefully soon, whether or not I'm chosen to volunteer full time. That may be my only hope of making it since I wouldn't have to pay upside the head for lodging, which even if I don't have much time to myself, I'd still be able to say I went. I'm sure it would be rewarding enough. If only I could find other people (women!) to share a room and expenses with. I guess the guys in my local area are doing their own thing. Even if I shared a room with 3 others and 2 of them were a married couple, as long as everyone had honorable intentions. Anyone know when we're supposed to find out who's accepted for what volunteer hours?

@};-

11. ekimnotslar

Jan 24, 2007
    Well shoot [face_beatup] .
    I got a reply back from Gencon and they said if I wanna volunteer, I can't bring my 12 year old Ella along with me because I'd be too busy (gotta be 18 to volunteer) and my duties would require my full attention. Then they told me I would work well in the bag checking and lobby/line patrol crew (translation: stand around all day). They also would only reimburse partial rate for RV parking, which I bet wouldn't even cover half of my cost ($64 per night). I just thought it would be neat to get a chunk of my trip paid. Disregard that plan. I did email the crew from the autograph company about volunteering, but they haven't replied yet (not counting on that).
    Looks like me and Ella will be free roaming. I'm still stoked as all get out though!

The force is with us Rogues!

12. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Yes! Be stoked. You will have a great time regardless, you just might not have as much free cash to spend on all the nifty things that spark our geeky interests.
    I am getting excited and I still have at least one costume to finish before May. :D

13. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Ditto. You'll be glad you didn't waste time as a line guy. Atleast if you man our SVRF table for a shift you get to meet fans through friendly exchange as opposed to meeting them when they're impatient and fussy in a line.

14. ekimnotslar

Jan 24, 2007
    I also want my 12 year old to be a part of things too. Gencon's point about being too busy to have her tag along made me think "what?!", as in too much work for me then! I assume Ella can hang with me when I work our table, correct?

I've been checking Pix website to see the latest on stars: I'm hoping Mark jumps on board, so I can see the man I named my boy after (not really- it's Ethan "Luke", but you get my point). I assume since he is about the worst typecast guy on the planet, Mark needs the money and will be there. [face_praying]

15. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    Of course she can sit with you at your shift. Others might know more, but I think there also will be kids activities at c4 that your daughter might have fun at.

16. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    I have had the honor of meeting Mark Hamill and I would love the chance to say hi to him again. he is a very down-to-earth guy who will gladly listen to the ramblings of someone who has passions outside of SW (i.e. birds). :D

17. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    You had bird talk with Mark Hamill?

18. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Yup! He asked what I did and I told him I work with birds...he then proceded to ask me all sorts of questions and graciously listened while I waxed eloquently about my feathery passion.

19. ekimnotslar

Jan 24, 2007

... if I could but touch your garment at our next meeting, I would consider it a great blessing indeed. Can you pray over my children at pizza time?![face_laugh] Jealous am I. The shadow of greed wallowing in as we speak am I...

20. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    According to his website, Mark can't attend CIV. :( But anything can happen. [face_praying]

21. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Please, my friend, worship is not necessary. It is just being in the right place at the right time. Have faith in the Force and you, too, may experience the joys that I have. All things happen for a reason, though we may not know it. Stick with us and all will be as it should be. The Force is with the Rogues. O:)

*dying laughing as she types this*

22. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    Now that many of the actors (with more to come) have been announced, its interesting to see the differing values of each of their autographs. I mean I understand Carrie Fisher's is going to be a little more, but I don't see how Shaak Ti's is worth more than Oola's.

I mean we're talking about Oola fer crimminy sakes!

And I also think Peter Mayhew, Kenny Baker, and David Prowse deserve to be up with Anthony Daniels and Carrie Fisher in the Guest of Honor section. C'mon those of you powers that be, show some respect.

23. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Actually, I prefer Shaak Ti myself:

[image=http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/Star%20Wars/MattOrli.jpg]

:p

24. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    Oh Shak Ti Schmack Ti!

Let's see her in 15 years and see if she's kept herself fit she can once again play her role as Femi Taylor did for Oola.

Oola RULES!* :)

*Paid for by Vote Oola in '08

25. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    *sigh* boys! :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.