main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA C-4 Information thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Lord_Darth_Vader, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    *sigh* falconers..ers [face_chicken]

not calling you chicken just that was the closest birdlike thing they had

2. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Hee hee...I know...they need a raptor smilie. Just for me. ;)

3. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I was thinking of volunteering for OfficialPix at C4, and then I talked to Anne from OP, who was at the 501st dinner at WonderCon. She remembered Dale and I when we volunteered at ComicCon, especially for Carrie Fisher's line, and hinted she could use her "Carrie" guys again, since we had the experience already.... ;)

4. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Rock on Matt!!
    Guess we won't be seeing much of you at CIV then. You'll be hanging out with Carrie Fisher the whole time.

5. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    Oh, did I bother to mention I received an email saying I'm accepted for volunteer??? [face_dancing] Even if I am busy for 8 hours a day (hopefully he'll put me on for 40 hours), I'm sure there's something I'll be able to enjoy. I'm not so concerned about the store, but I sure hope they'll have Star Wars in 30 Minutes again. I got such a kick out of that! I just hope I'll find other volunteers to split a room with so I can save some money, even if I do get only 20 hours.

@};-

6. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    Congratulations Lavendar.

7. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Thanks. I really hope I have a chance to meet you guys. For one thing, I'm anxious to meet my new Star Wars family. [:D] For another thing, I'm sure it will be getting more emotional for me the closer I get to saying goodbye to my friends here. Whatever makes it easier. Even if I had never introduced myself until I came out there, we would have eventually met because I would have sought you out once I'd moved. This just makes the transition easier for me, and I'm so grateful to you guys for making me feel welcome. I'll look for you and your booth. [face_dancing] Just let me know where it will be and what landmarks will be nearby...like if there's a coffee kiosk nearby or something.

@};-

8. ekimnotslar

ekimnotslar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 24, 2007
    Look forward to meeting you at C4 Lavenderrose.

Hey guys, I have a C4 Thursday fan-club day question: I am a now a member of Star Wars.com, Hyperspace, or whatever alligiance it's called. Therefore, when I purchase my everyday pass online from Gencon, I automatically get to attend the Thursday fanday (as I understand it). My question is regarding my 12 year old daughter Ella- I will also be purchasing a kids everyday pass for $45. Do I need to buy Ella a year subscription to Hyperspace also, in order for her to attend Thursday fan club only day? That's another $40, which I will spend if I have to, but I wanna know for sure. We don't need two subscriptions to Hyperspace/Star Wars fan club, ya know what I mean?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

9. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    No you dont need two Hyperspace accounts for her to attend the fan day. You'll get a Friends & Family pass that she can use on the Fan Day.

10. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    Tell me more, tell me more...I want to know how the friends and family passes work. My big sister may be coming with me (from Delaware!) and I know money will be REALLY tight for her. If I'm reading right, you get 4 passes with the 4 day ticket that you buy? And I can just have her use them for 4 of the 5 days we'll be there? Yeah? Am I confused?:confused:

11. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    At CIII, I had no need for the passes given to me. If I manage to find you guys in time, I may be able to spare at least one or two of mine.

@};-

12. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    Hypothetically speaking, lets say you have two people, one is with the hyperspace account and the other is not and both of you have bought for the whole shebang, you can get (for free?) a Friends and Family pass for that other person so they can go with you on fan day.

I think.

13. ekimnotslar

ekimnotslar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 24, 2007

Sweet! thanks Bithlord! I'll email and call to confirm that, but at least I know it's possible and probable.

14. Leia1138

Leia1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2006
    Quick path for the CIV store. I signed up for 9pm to 11pm on Fan Day. I figured all of the programs would be finished for the day and I'd be ready to start buying up the store.

Quick path

15. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Where do I go to register for the Costume Cabaret and the Costume Pageatn? Anybody know yet?

@};-

16. AuntBeruLars

AuntBeruLars Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2006
    Bummer! Looks like you can only sign up for "Quick Path" if you are signed up for a 4 day pass. Ours is only 1 day. [face_frustrated]

17. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Don't feel bad.. I have a four day Hyperspace reg..and I couldn't get on.. kept telling me that I wasn't registered, even though my CIV account showed otherwise.. waiting for replay from customer services right now.

18. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    That's the pits! Hope someone out there gets their head on straight.

@};-

19. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    At least you guys are going to C4! :_|

-TJ ;)

20. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    I thought you were going to try to go, TJ, even if just for a few days...don't give up hope yet![face_praying]

21. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    Maybe I'm just completely on the wrong track here, but the store is going to be 24 hours right? and even with that, one would still need to do the quickeroo thing?

Something smells rotten in Dex's Diner.

All I can think is it is for those who might be going for one or two days.

22. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    I plan on leaving those things up to the will of the Force. I am hoping to have a lot of fun meeting people, seeing panels and other events, manning tables, taking pics and maybe do a little shopping but it's not super high on my list of things to do.

Now! Back to working on that third or fourth costume! ;)

23. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    :)Not sure if you were answering me or not Tionne,

The store isnt high on my list either I just dont understand how something can be open 24 hours and youd still have to register for a better chance of getting in.

And my theory that the quick thing is focused on those who only attend for a day or two doesn't make sense now because I just remembered aunt beru said you had to be registered for all the days.

Someone help me see the light.

I'll give you a schmoo.

24. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    Bith, stop smoking that crack...8-}

I'm with you -- it doesn't all make sense. IMHO the only reason they are doing this is because they peeved off enough folks at CIII with the store, so they are bending over backwards to make it as easy as possible this time around...all the while knowing that there will still be lines and unhappy folk, 'cause hey, this is America, and we just can't be happy about a dang thing.

Now, as far as the schmoo is concerned...wasn't that some white ghosty blob thing in some cartoon in the 80's? That's what popped into my head...help me remember the cartoon...was it Captain Caveman???

25. Bith_Lord

May 5, 2005
    Ah yes, you know the schmoo. I mean frankly if almost every 80s character can be having a viable consumer product presence these days can't for the love of God, the Schmoo get his ...uh... due.

I love the Schmoo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.