main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C II Costume Contest results!!!

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Mrs_MayimNaar, May 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    I'm so sorry I missed the contest on Sunday but I was dragged off to the stunt show instead. I was looking forward to seeing your costume QS but I've seen the pics now and I'm glad you got it finished in time. Hopefully I'll be able to post pics of my adventures in my handmaiden costume in a few days. Anyway, it was really nice meeting you at the Fan Force Party. Your sheet shirts were great!

2. jedi_blynnj

jedi_blynnj Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2002
    Well, I'm back! It was great meeting everyone! I loved everyone's costumes. That was my first costume contest ever. It was so much fun. Dan's Wampa was great and can see why it won. Nos, your kids looked wonderful! Odi-Dawn, I talking with you and getting to see all that wonderful embrodery up close. I had so much fun. I crazy part was on the way home, all I could think about was the next celebration, and what kind of costumes I could do for that! :D

3. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Ah! So many pictures my browser can't load them all! :p What I'm seeing is great though. :)

I would've loved to have seen the acutal contest, but since I was in it, I was among those who couldn't see the acts on stage. :( I did think that so many of the costumes I saw in line were wonderful though. :)

~*~Bria (one of the Naboo Royal Five ;))

4. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Interesting note about the contest. It was the last thing I did and it had the only spoiler info I saw or heard during the whole show.

5. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    ACK!!!

This is the Plo Koon speaking, and that pic of me is awful. But dont worry, its my fault for not having my gloves on at the time.
    To see more pictures, check out this address once a day everyday, I just got home an hour ago, but it will explode with SW pics very quickly:::

www.hometown.aol.com/strahd27/TITLE.html

6. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    I'm back! Wow, what a terrific weekend, literally the best of my life! So many awesome memories, had terrific people to spend it with (Ladystar!), and placed second in the costume contest?! and kissed Anthony Daniels during my presentation and got his autograph on my medal afterwards!!!!!!!!! I truly had no expectations of getting any type of award, just wanted to go and have a great time. And there were at least 5 other costumes in my catagory better than mine. I didn't plan to do anything but a few movements and take my robe off and show my saber at the end. But right before I went on stage, I figured I'd better do something so I would stand out somehow. So I decided to say after my story was read(which is on my website) "and if I don't find that Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi, Goldenrod gets it!" I hoped that Anthony was on stage so I could point at him. Well, after I said that, he said"can I get it now?" So I strutted over to him and didn't know what else to do so I planted one on his cheek!!!!! My hubby said Warwick Davis and Anthony were fanning themselves off, lol! That couldn't have happened any better if I had planned it! During my story, when I took off my robe, Anthony ad libbed a bit, and said it was getting a bit hot in here! All I could do was smile on stage at that! When I got my 2nd place in the villan division, he said I was his personal favorite!!!! And Trisha gave me my award and I think said I did a nice job but I was so amazed to be up there that I didn't even realize it was her! After the picture bombardment afterwards (I hate having pictures taken...NOT!!!) I saw someone have their medal with C3PO on it signed by Anthony so I ran back on stage to get it from my hubby and had him sign it!!!! I kissed Anthony and got his autograph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My husband missed getting a picture of my kissing Anthony, nor do we have any video of the contest. If anyone got a pic of this, and if anyone has video, I would really appreciate it! Thanks!!!

7. Boskone_Kenobi

Feb 15, 2002
    The Gestapo ruled out ANY video of the contest, which is a big complaint of mine about the contest.

My little boy won in the kid catagory and I have no record of it.

8. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    There were people taking video anyhow, my husband saw them doing it.

9. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    :eek: Ah, that is so awesome, Mirax H!!! Congrats. :)

It's great you met Trisha, Anthony, and all the rest and actually remember it. :) While I remember being on stage, I recall can't recall seeing Anthony Daniels at all. I heard him announce us of course, and I remember looking out at the audience, but that's it. :p

On being videotaped... we most certainly were, which is probably why they didn't want cameras in there... if they could sell copies of the contest, of course they would want to. [face_plain] But anyway, as you walked down the ramp and onto the stage, there was someone recording there as well as in the audience, if I remember correctly.

~*~Bria

10. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Does anyone have pics of the costume *parade*? I'd love to see them (I have some friends that were in it, but couldn't get into the contest :( ).

11. QuiGonTim

QuiGonTim Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    I was the Qui-Gon look alike
    I would like to thank Queenseemstress
    for letting me accompany her on stage.
    I think we should have got something her costume was great. lots of attention to detail.
    I am a little bitter that we were beaten out by a couple in mostly store bought costumes ( chubby maul and queen )
    oh well
    It was great seeing all the costumes.I remember every one

12. Nostradamus

Nostradamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 2, 2000
    Yeah....I thought the judging was going to be based more on the costumes than the 'talent' (presentation ?)

I heard the little Maul had a pretty awesome saber routine. I wish I could have seen it.
    His makeup was excellent and he was very, very well-behaved despite the length of time everyone had to stand around. [face_plain]

There should have been some chairs and water at least.

13. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    Hi Everyone,

It was a great pleasure meeting so many of you - Obi-Dawn, queenseamstress, QuiGonTim, jedi-blynnj. I was 'Padme in the Picnic Dress' #3. :) I sang during my presentation, though most of you didn't get to hear it. Unfortunately, the sound guy goofed and started my music before Anthony had read my intro, so I was panicking and blew my character. Anthony was nice enough to ask them to restart it, but the damage was done. Oh well, I had fun doing it.

(BTW, Dawn, in all the confusion, we didn't even get a pic together in our dresses! Major bummer!)

MiraxH, Nostradamus we didn't get a chance to say hi, but I wanted to say congrats to both of you on your achievements!

Like most of you, I wish I could have seen what everyone else did for their presentations. The costuming talent blew me away! This was my first con and I had no idea that fans could make such fantastic things as a Wampa costume or a Bantha body puppet! Simply Amazing! Congrats, CreatureCreator! You were incredible!
    I also really loved the Tauntaun group and the Slave Leia group! Congrats to everyone on all their hard work!

My most special moment came after the contest was over. I was trying to get close to Anthony Daniels for a picture, when Warwick Davis came up to me and gave me some really lovely compliments about my singing voice. I thought that was incredibly nice of him to make the effort to come up to me! He's my new hero! I got to get my picture taken with him and then with Trisha, who was also, perfectly wonderful! She was so gracious and humble about her incredible work, taking time to notice details of many of our costumes and comment on them. What a super lady!

Overall, it was a great afternoon! I look forward to hearing more of your stories!

Regards,
    M.

14. daisyahchoo

daisyahchoo Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2002
    So it was you who did the singing routine! I could hear you from back in the hall, you sang great! I can't wait until I get my pictures developed. There were so many nice costumes, I wish we all had won.

15. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I agree, it took real courage to get up there and sing, and you did great.

16. Boskone_Kenobi

Feb 15, 2002
    Plo Koon's pictures can be seen here.

I am so mortified at that awful picture that I have seen on two different sites ;(

Please pass these around instead::::

www.hometown.aol.com/strahd27/Plokoon.html

17. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    My main grumbles (sort of minor):

1.) No chairs in the hallway...

2.) No way to see each other, cheer each other on!!!

3.) How far it ran over. We'd allowed an extra half-hour past the 3:30 ending time, and still had to leave before everyone was called back onstage. I missed the end!!!

Once again, I was so very, VERY impressed with the costumes, talent, and friendliness of everyone I met. I just wish I had more "guts" so that I'd have gone up to more people and met more of you face-to-face.

I must plead again: the pic I had gotten taken of our dancing HM group was very, very blurry--is there anyone out there who might have snapped a shot of us?

And....video?

Thanks again to all of you for being such wonderful inspirations to a very beginning costumer!

18. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Beginning costumer? Gentle Bant, I was blown away by how gorgeous your costume was! I want it! :p

19. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Thanks, Obi-Dawn. //blush

I'm really a lousy seamstress, though. I can't sew straight, and most of my seams don't line up. I always have to buy way more material than called for/estimated (I don't seem to use patterns?) because I have to allow for mess-ups and misjudgements.

To return the compliment, I was in awe of all the picnic dressed--the detail and accuracy were astounding!

20. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Obi-Dawn, did you wear the blue picnic gown that is on your site? I remember seeing someone in one who looked DARN like Natalie. Did you wear it there?

21. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I'm really a lousy seamstress, though. I can't sew straight, and most of my seams don't line up. I always have to buy way more material than called for/estimated (I don't seem to use patterns?) because I have to allow for mess-ups and misjudgements.

Thats SOOOO me :) well except i use patterns

22. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    Hey Sithman :)
    No, I didn't wear my blue dress at all. I only went in costume on Sunday in the yellow picnic gown. I think I was the only picnic gal with bangs! [face_blush]

23. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Actually, I think I remember you, then. :D

24. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    Here! I just found a pic of me and some of the other wonderful contestants on the official site! :D

[image=http://www.starwars.com/community/feature/20020503/pictureviewer/img/137.jpg]

They have a bunch of pics from the contest online now.

25. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Jan 27, 2000
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/community/feature/20020503/pictureviewer/img/138.jpg]

[image=http://www.starwars.com/community/feature/20020503/pictureviewer/img/139.jpg]

[image=http://www.starwars.com/community/feature/20020503/pictureviewer/img/147.jpg]

[image=http://www.starwars.com/community/feature/20020503/pictureviewer/img/129.jpg]

[image=http://www.starwars.com/community/feature/20020503/pictureviewer/img/133.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.