main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C-IV Art Show Information

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Amidala Starkiller, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    I didn't see a thread about the C-IV Art Show so if I missed it sorry [face_blush]

Anyway I found a preview of Tsuneo Sanda's 2 C-IV print.

They are both just fantastic

2. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Do you think one of the artists attending C4 would do a little quick art drawing and sign it on the inside of my stormtrooper chest piece?

3. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    They do look amazing. Can't wait to see them in color.

4. Doctor_Evil

Doctor_Evil Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2002
    If you go to the Art room on the very first day and find someone whose work you like, you might be able to "Commission" them. Some of them will do customized pencil drawings for you on the spot. I saw an artist at c3 Draw a picture of a guys son as a Jedi from a snapshot. It took him less than an hour. I don't know what he charged. So I'd bet someone could help you out.

-Doc

5. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    On the last day of a convention, a Star Wars artist (I won't mention who) sketched several characters on the white tablecloth of his table. Needless to say, someone snatched it up and has it framed in their house!

6. Leia214

Leia214 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    I had 5 commission sketches done at CIII - all of the artists I asked were doing cards and had a price they wanted for them. It was more than reasonable and I got a great series of Chewbacca done in different techniques. Some drew right there on the spot, others asked me to come back at the end of the day to pick them up.

I can't wait for CIV - the art show is where I'll be heading first!

Thanks for posting the link to the preview!

7. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Just as a quick heads-up, you may want to purchase a few of the corrugated shipping tubes and bring them with you to CIV to protect your art purchases for your trip back home. I know the artists generally have tubes for their work at their tables, but I saw some of the artists run out of them at C3. Plus, they had the cheap thin plastic tubes that really didn't offer much protection from being crushed or bent.

Got to protect those precious art pieces/posters. ;)

8. Leia214

Leia214 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    I second that tip on bringing shipping tubes,etc. I brought the heavy duty architect/blue print tubes with me that have straps attached at CIII. That allowed me to at least put the art work in and carry it around easily instead of having to schlep back to the hotel. Then I just carried them on the plane like that too.

I will DEFINITELY be doing that again since the hotels are so far away and there are no lockers at LACC to store stuff during the day.

9. gatodama

gatodama LFL Artist star 3 VIP

May 17, 2002
    You should come by my table and we will have to chat;) I have a killer quick Wookiee sketch..LOL

We are not supposed to show our prints yet..

CIV Final Art was apporved...Here is a teaser

[image=http://www.airbrushcat.com/CIV-LONDON/tease3.jpg]

10. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Ooo, I'm intrigued...

11. Sean_Walsh

Sean_Walsh Jedi Master star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    Is there a list anywhere of all the artists who'll be part of the Art Show?

12. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    not yet..hopefully in the next couple of weeks it will start trickling out. I can tell you we are all dying to say and show.

13. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Cat -- your artwork is wonderful. I have a couple of your sketches. Will have to pick up more at C-IV!

14. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    Looks like they are going to start posting info next week...WEEEEEEE

15. ArtyEwok

ArtyEwok LFL Artist star 4 VIP

Mar 18, 1999
    hey.. I need a LFL artist tag!

I have a print that'll be at the show. Can't show it to you yet. MUAHAHAH!

16. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    I think I might have missed this, but was it announced yet on how much the artists will be selling their exclusive CIV prints for? I unfortunately didn't purchase any at C3, so I'm not sure what they were selling for at C3.

And will there be a separate price for signed and un-signed prints?

Thanks.

17. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    Artists each have thier own prices..so you will more than likely have to wait until you get there to see how much they are unless it is posted on a message board or an individual artists site.

As for CIV..the images have not been posted yet

As for CIII and what everyone was selling..you can find them here

18. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Will amateur artist be able to sell artwork at CIV. I have sold Star Wars work in the past, and I?m bringing artwork to be signed (which I plan on keeping), but should I bring art pieces for others, is there a market for it.

Below are two samples of my work, one, signed by James Earl Jones, the other to be signed (when finished) in May by Ray Park.

http://img206.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rotsug5.jpg

http://img65.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dmaul956pp1.png

thanks

19. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Unless you're signed up for "artists alley" (an established SW artist) or you have reserved vendor space, you are not allowed to sell anything at the convention.

20. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    the art show was by invitation only. I don't know about the vendors hall.

21. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    I'm absolutely looking forward to the Art Show at STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV. My wife and I always enjoy spending time at the art shows at STAR WARS celebrations (and I always enjoy spending money at them :D). The artists are always extremely talented and very friendly and their artwork is always absolutely amazing. :)

STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV is getting closer!

22. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    [image=http://www.airbrushcat.com/CIV-LONDON/WEBSITE.jpg]

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20070405.html

23. miarama

miarama Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2006
    Cat, thank you for creating "Spirit of '77". I am going to be a sucker for art with a "30th celebration" theme.

:)

24. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    That's a good batch of art to start with.
    I like Cat's the best so I think we'll be getting that one and probably a few of the others as well...and they aren't even all unveiled yet!

25. DarthSnuggle

DarthSnuggle LFL Artist VIP

Apr 6, 2007
    Hi everyone! Cat Staggs told my I should join up and hang out! I'm Allison Sohn, new sketch card artist on that upcoming Star Wars 30th anniversary set from Topps, and I was the "short" storm trooper on the Art Show announcement on Starwars.com last night...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.