main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C-IV Art Show Information

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Amidala Starkiller, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Thanks, Cat, for posting that!

2. banshee

banshee Jedi Master star 1

Jul 14, 1998
    Ditto.

3. ArtyEwok

ArtyEwok LFL Artist star 4 VIP

Mar 18, 1999
    Hey guys :)

I've had such wonderful feedback for my print, and preorders end at midnight, PST, tomorrow.

http://www.flyingarmadillo.com/civ.shtml

Go there if you'd like to preorder. If not, I'll see you at the con! The original will be on display and for sale.

Yub yub!

4. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I've heard that several artists that will be attending Celebration Europe will be creating complimentary prints to their C4 work. I'm not going, so is there any way that I can get that without resorting to the secondary market? Looks like I'll be looking for a European friend next week... Thanks for any insight.

5. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    I bought my prints on the first day at C3 but was unable to pick them up until the last day, Sunday, which wasn't on purpose due to my volunteer schedule. I was lucky to pick up all of my prints, though I did end up with one artist proof print since he ran out of his prints by Sunday. Hopefully it won't happen again. But thanks for the reminder. Now all I have to do is plot which prints that I want really badly, since I can't afford most of those wonderful prints.

6. RAATS

RAATS LFL Artist VIP

Apr 14, 2007
    Hello everyone --

I am in transit as of this afternoon.

I will still be taking advance orders at mark@markraats.com but there might be a delay (possibly until Tuesday), before I can respond.

Please stop by the artists area, there are a lot of especially talented artists showing their work and I'm sure you will find something perfect for your collections. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone.

cheers

MARK

7. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I was wondering , Will their be sales tax added to the cost of the prints?

8. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Do any of you lovely LFL artists know if SWShop.com will be selling any left over prints after C4 is over, like they did after C3? Considering I can't make it out to C4 I'm hoping they will. *fingers crossed*

9. TDHArtist

TDHArtist LFL Webstrip Artis star 4 VIP

Dec 31, 2000
    I would imagine they would. It seemed to work out pretty well.

I've gotten a lot of PMs about Commissions and some folks don't seem to think it's in their budget. I more then understand and to make it easier on those who want something but want to stick within their budget, let me show you what I'm doing at the show, by request, and the costs so you can plan ahead:

For $25 I'll be doing 11 x 14 Bust sketches on demand, no limit on how many you get, I just ask if there is a line, you get yours and come back for another They would be B&W with some greys and a color:
    [image=http://www.tomhodges.com/art_posting/LeiaHS.jpg]

Also for $25, I'll be doing 3/4 Quickie sketches on Cardstock (or your sketchbooks). They are pencil drawings like this:
    [image=http://www.tomhodges.com/sketch_a_day/Plo_small.jpg]

Then there are my sketch cards, they will range from $20 to $30. $20 for a pencils only card, $25 for a fully inked card and $30 for a Ink/grey toned card. My sketch cards were produced by the same company that made the Topps sketch cards and they look like this:

2 different fronts:
    [image=http://www.tomhodges.com/art_posting/hodges_front1.jpg]
    [image=http://www.tomhodges.com/art_posting/hodges_front2.jpg]
    and the Back:
    [image=http://www.tomhodges.com/art_posting/hodges_back.jpg]

I'll also have a VERY limited amount of sketch books I made just for the show, they're $10 each while supplies last. I'll have original art for sale from the Hyperspace webstrips. Those will be SPECIALLY PRICED for C4 only, $25 each OR 5 for $100 (No I'm not joking). and some a bit more high end art pieces like some of the work from the "You Can Draw Star Wars" book.

I hope this helps those who feel the full commissions are a bit out of their budget. Regardless, come by, say hello even if you don't buy anything.

Tom

10. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    UPDATE -- SWShop.com has limited quantities of CIV art prints available for purchase.

Check it out: http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/category.xml?category_id=296

A perfect way to fill in those missing prints from your CIV collection. :)

11. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Thanks for posting that, Justin. Time for everyone to get that one last print :).

12. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    That's good that the artists have another opportunity to unload some of their prints. I know a few of them (which likely means most of them ;) ) were not too happy with the way the art area was setup. I think a lot of the artists didn't sell as many of the prints as they were hoping to, so this should help 'em out.

13. gatodama

gatodama LFL Artist star 3 VIP

May 17, 2002
    Just an FYI...there were less (way less) than 50 of my prints left.

14. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Well, your print was mighty popular, especially among the RL gang (I should know, I was one of 'em) ;)

I was thinking you were one of the few who, if you hadn't sold out, must have come pretty close to selling all of your prints.

15. DarthSnuggle

DarthSnuggle LFL Artist VIP

Apr 6, 2007
    I LOVED the artshow set-up! it was a HUGE improvement from C3, and a great floor location! I can't imagine why anyone would have been unhappy....

as for "unloading"; with almost 50 artists selling 250 piece of art each... thats twice as many artists as C3. And the show only saw a 3000 person increase in attendance. The likelihood of artists selling out was small.

16. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    I was mainly referring to how the one entry along the main pathway was closed off in favor of one at the side, thus causing people who wanted to get in to have to cut through the people lined up to buy art. Some convention goers may not have found the way to get in there at all. That was the main complaint I heard from a few of the artists. The actual area itself was certainly not as compressed as C3 ;)

17. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    I think that the only problem that there really was, was the payment line since there really wasn't anywhere for it to go that didn't involve blocking access either to the entrance or to artists tables. Especially at the start on Thursday where by 1pm or so everyone that had a table along the walls of the area was blocked off by the line.

18. miarama

miarama Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2006
    How I wish I had enough dough to book a trip to Celebration Europe :_| This is a must-have for me:

Allison Sohn's CE PRINT:
    [image=http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/5468/sohnceprintwebiz2.jpg]

19. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Damn. Let's hope there are some of those left over. I can't make it to CE.

20. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    ValedaKor & miarama,

Maybe if you post on the CE board you can find someone to pick one up and ship it to you. I picked up stuff at C4 for those who could not attend. At least that way it'd be guaranteed instead of hoping for leftovers.

21. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    I'm still looking for one of those Adam Hughes prints of the Slave Leia. If anyone wants to makea profit off their $75 purchase, let me know. Also, if anyone knows what Hughes is going to have at CE, let me know. I can't find a link to the art page yet.

22. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    It looks like Hughes will have the same print at CE.

Check here for CE artist details.

23. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Aw snap! If only I could find someone going to CE who wouldn't mind picking up one for me. Gezzzz...

24. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    If not, hopefully we will be lucky and leftover CE prints will also be available on SWShop.com.

Keep those fingers crossed... [face_praying]

25. lukestarkiller1977

lukestarkiller1977 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.