main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C-IV Art Show Information

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Amidala Starkiller, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Any idea of what his new piece is going to looking like?

2. lukestarkiller1977

lukestarkiller1977 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2650359&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#2650359

3. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Darth Snuggle I love you (please don't tell Adam)! The Senator is yet another incredible piece! I MUST have this print as a companion to the CIV Leia print. Logistics be damned, I can not hope for it not to sell out. So far they have only announced 7 artists at Celebration Europe, thats 43 less than CIV.

The only complaint I have about the art show at CIV, was the utter lack of sufficient funds in my wallet!

4. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    I hated the purchasing process for the CIV art show.

Step 1: Decide which print(s) to buy from each artist individually
    Step 2: Receive order slip from each artist listing your desired print(s)
    Step 3: Go to main cash register table with slip(s)
    Step 4: Pay for print(s) and get receipt
    Step 5: Head back to each artists table with receipts to pick up your purchased print(s)

Just seemed like there could have been a much more streamlined method for buying prints.

5. DarthSnuggle

DarthSnuggle LFL Artist VIP

Apr 6, 2007
    sorry to disappoint; Adam is re-printing his CIV Art Nouveau Slave Leia for London. He had wanted to do something different, but ran out of time. I have NO IDEA where the above rumor came from. Adam's companion piece (if he had the time) would have been matching dimensions, not smaller....

But! This is a good opportunity to get the peice that sold out in LA!!!

6. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    If you can find someone to actually pick it up for you!

7. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Where did I read about a contest for SW fans to submit their own artwork to win a trip ti Celebration Europe?

8. Joe_Corroney

Joe_Corroney Artist: -Empire -HNN -Insider -RPG star 2 VIP

May 29, 2003
    I am currently taking reserve requests for my exclusive Celebration Europe limited edtion print artwork and I wanted to give everyone here an update. For all of the European fans who missed out on this artwork at Celebration IV here's your chance to reserve my latest Star Wars artwork for your collection -

http://www.joecorroney.com/news/

Just email me at joe@joecorroney.com or PM me here with Celebration Europe Print in the subject line and I'll be sure to hold one for you at the show. They're limited to 250 signed and numbered editions, 18" x 24" and 40 GBP each.

Thanks and hope to see some of you soon in London!

9. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Thanks for posting that info, Joe!

10. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Yeah, that's an amazing offer. I sent you an email from my work address. It's from Visa so don't delete it. =)

11. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Quick question: For those of us who are framing our CIV prints (as I assume we all are) -- are you using regular standard frames & mattes, or are you spending the extra money for archival-safe frames & mattes?

And if the latter, can you recommend a company that sells such archival-safe frames? I checked my local Michael's and even Wal-Mart, but neither of them carried these types of frames.

Thanks.

12. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    I'm using standard stuff. The prints should be fine for the long term. Its not like it is the original artwork...they are just prints, fairly limited yes, but I'm not sure how much value they will have down the road beyond the original purchase price. Not that I plan on ever getting rid of them anyway ;)

13. miarama

miarama Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2006
    Hi JJ,

I may spend the extra money for archival-safe frames & mattes, it depends on how much they cost. Stores such as FAST FRAME offer Preservation Framing. They have a couple of locations in NY so you may want to check it out.

14. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Cool, thanks for the info, Miarama. I have my prints in temporary frames for the time being. I definitely want to go with an archival method to help eliminate any potential yellowing of the print paper as time goes on. Even glossy print cardstock can yellow over time (as is with comic book covers), so that is my main concern to avoid.

Thanks again for the heads-up. :)

15. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    Can anybody recomment Aaron Brothers for archival framing?

16. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Funny Aaron Brothers is also owned by the same people who own Michaels I would be surprised if one had somethign the other did not offer. Heck out by me their respective strip malls back up to each other.

17. jorbex

jorbex Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2006
    I totally agree with you, Moff_D. I'd find it a bit illogical to spend more on the frame than what I spent on the print. I went with some very nice normal frames, and they look terrific! I'll post pictures as soon as I decide wich wall they're going to be hanging on. [face_thinking]

18. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    I can understand wanting to preserve them as well, but where we hung ours there isn't any intense light so they should age well. Our C3 prints look as good as the day we bought them and they are housed in standard frames.

19. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    This is how it is for me:

Concerning my STAR WARS collection, it's more important to me for me to be able to see the items and for the items to be protected and, because of the size of my STAR WARS collection and that it's an ever growing STAR WARS collection, space and cost when framing/matting/incasing/shelfing my items more than the frames/matts/cases/shelfs.

I want the attention to go to the item, not the frame/matt/case/shelf. And I don't want the frame/matt/case/shelf obstructing the view of the item. I want to see the item completely and I want the item to be protected completely.

Some framing/matting/casing/shelfing can work against viewing and protecting and also take up more space, which I need for my collection, and more money, which I also need for my collection.

I want to see my collection, protect my collection, save space for displaying my collection, save money for purchasing more to add to my collection. Anything else is great and nice as long as it allows me to see, protect, save space for and save money for my collection. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.