main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C-IV Art Show Information

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Amidala Starkiller, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    WOW JUSTIN, that is one very nice print. I wonder if I could get one? Love it!!!

2. miarama

miarama Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2006
    ValedaKor & JediJustin, when you got home from C3, how was the condition of the artwork you purchased when you unrolled them from the poster tubes? I was wondering if I should worry about the diameter of these tubes.

Safco's is 3.5" for about $24, and Alvin Ice Tubes are 2.75" for about $10.

3. gatodama

gatodama LFL Artist star 3 VIP

May 17, 2002
    I am taking reserve requests for my CIV print. If you would like to be placed on the list please email to cat@airbrushcat.com with the subject heading CIV Print reserve.

I will be taking payment at the show NOT before. I will hold the print until end of the day Saturday. Please only reserve a copy if you or your represenative are serious about picking one up.(limit two per person)

I will only reserve 100 slots(this does not guarantee a number between 1-100)The Print is a limited edition of 250, will be 18" x 24" and priced at $50. It will ONLY be available at Celebration IV on Los Angeles May 24- May 28 2007. I cannot sell it before or after the show. For a lower number it would be best to come by at the begining of the convention. I cannot hold a specific number.

Ok..now...See you all in LA..We are going to have a GRAND time!!

Thanks everyone!!

Cat

4. Joe_Corroney

Joe_Corroney Artist: -Empire -HNN -Insider -RPG star 2 VIP

May 29, 2003
    Thanks for enjoying my artwork, Amidala! PM sent :)

5. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    All of the posters that we bought at C3 were in perfect condition when we arrived home. I would spring for the larger diameter poster tube. We would take each poster out of its plastic tube that it came in from the dealer, and then roll each poster into itself in one large roll. So all of the posters were stored in one Safco document tube (we had I think 5-6 posters in it).

Worked out well for us. :)

6. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    WOOHOO....I just ordered the Vaders Remorse Print from Joe. I cannot wait to receive it. Thanks Joe for the lovely work and thanks Justin for helping me get it!!!

Cant wait!!!

7. RAATS

RAATS LFL Artist VIP

Apr 14, 2007
    I would like to echo / endorse what Cat has said.

We want to do right by our fans and friends - after all we would not be in a very happy place without you all. The prints (as posted) are only sold at C-IV soo.. limited edition what they are. I have had some fans asking to reserve prints for them and I will do so - it is a geat honor... Obviously the early numbers are the most popular so if you want a low number let us know and we will see what we can do.

My print will also sell for $50 and is 39.5" x 9" on 100pound stock with an aqueous coating. If you want to reserve or pre-book please feel free to contact me on: mark@markraats.com.

Remember too that there are still more artists to come. I have seen some and I can assure you, they have been well worth the wait!

Not long now...

8. RAATS

RAATS LFL Artist VIP

Apr 14, 2007
    A brilliant piece Joe.

Bravo!

9. Joe_Corroney

Joe_Corroney Artist: -Empire -HNN -Insider -RPG star 2 VIP

May 29, 2003
    Thanks, Mark!

10. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Your very welcome Amidala. Glad you liked it! :)

11. ArtyEwok

ArtyEwok LFL Artist star 4 VIP

Mar 18, 1999
    I've decided to bite the bullet and get lithographs printed (oo). My prints will be 13x19 and (probably) $30. I'm contemplating a $5 discount if you buy something $5 or more at my table, too :D This isn't firm yet, still chomping on my pricing.

I'm going to be doing random ewok doodles for $5 a piece. Just, random ewoks. Come up to my table and say 'Hey Amy! I'd like a random ewok!'.

I'm working on mini paintings + pre drawn sketch cards, too.

I have to get this all done by the 12th so I can express post it to the US. OY.

Off to bed now. I have a meeting in the morning!

12. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    The update is coming today.. I can feel it
    [image=http://www.airbrushcat.com/pics/obiwan.gif]

[face_praying]

13. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Hypothetical question for anyone that has a clue.... let's say an concept art enthusiast is hoping to commission an artist to do a pencil, pen, or color drawing of Padme with her twins past the newborn stage. How much might something like that cost? Just a ballpark.. I am not asking for it to be commissioned .. just curious........ and has anyone already done this particular piece and I just have not had the luck to have seen it.. I have seen a few prints of Padme with Luke and Leia as Newborns, but nothing beyond that..

14. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    *pokes head into thread, enthusiastically* Oooohhhhhh, yes, I daresay that's an excellent question, very timely, because now that you mention it I realize I'd been on some level wondering the same thing meself....in particular, the idea of - I guess possibly being able to commission an artist to do an Anakin drawing or sketch of some kind, and if so, generally speaking how much....pencil, pen, colour like you were saying, that sort o' thing....oh, for sure and certain I'd absolutely *love* that! :D

Dawn.

15. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    i do commisioned work, here is a sample of what I'm bringing C-IV:

http://img129.imageshack.us/my.php?image=leiajr2.jpg
    http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vadervw2.jpg
    http://img206.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rotsug5.jpg

PM me if you are interested
    thanks Kevin

16. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    Hey folks..

your best be on getting your questions answered would be to contact the artist you would like to do the piece directly and get the information that way. Everyone charges something different, there is not a universal price. Some charge more than others and some less.

I hope that helps

Cat

17. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Not too bad at all. Maybe at a future Celebration you'll be an invited artist ;)

What, no prediction today? :p
    Hopefully soon. It would be nice to see what is coming from the remaining artists, and budget accordingly if necessary =P~

18. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    It will be today!!

19. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    Stoopid Conan bumped it to tomorrow!!:_|

20. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    :( And I wanted to that update.

21. ROTSFan

ROTSFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2006
    You're very talented!

22. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Thanks MOFF_D and ROTSFan for your comments. I'll be bringing other original art work to C-IV to sell as well as the ones posted. i'm also doing some commisioned work for those who want original Star Wars art for the convention to be signed by the actor(s). Again if you are interested, send me a PM

23. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    So, Cat. We will be getting an update today/tonight? I'm more than ready. :)

STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV is getting closer!

24. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    I dunno..they just said today...sometime...maybe...it's possible...could happen...[face_worried]

25. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    It's just gotta . . . [face_worried]

The STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV ART SHOW update is getting closer! :p

STAR WARS CELEBRATION IV is getting closer! :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.