main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C-IV meet at Disneyland -- 5/23 - Tomorrow!! 8:30am at the L!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Miana Kenobi, Sep 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScootyPuffJr

ScootyPuffJr Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2007
    Honey, I'm in my mid-40's...you'll get there sooner or later...we aaaallll do... Besides, it's not 'just' the ETOH...the high-end restaurant is amazing. And hey, Red Trolley (San Diego's finest!) is served in in the wharf area of CAA, they selected it over the much larger fine-malt-hops-product purveyors. Show San Diego some love, lady! Ah, yes, but that's right, you're JUST NOW getting to throw away that fake ID, are you not...? Besides, it's a tradition long ago started in the once-DL parking lot anyway, so just keeping it up... ;)

Mary

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    That's nice. Keep your tradition to yourself, please.

And no, no fake ID was ever needed. Unlike some people, I know there's more to life than drinking and partying. [face_peace]

3. JediXtine

JediXtine Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2006
    Live from the Disneyland Hotel.....greetings everyone! Can't wait to see you all on Wednesday at the "L". My daughter got chosen for the Jedi Academy yesterday, that is a definite must do, it is awesome, especially if you are bringing kids. If you haven't been to Disneyland lately (or have only been to Walt Disney World), like in the past three years or so, Space Mountain has been totally revamped, it is really awesome. We went to the park, just for the heck of it, the night of the Pirates 3 premiere. We walked down the sides of main street, the red carpet was in the middle and did manage to get a glimpse of Keith Richards. I wasn't going to camp out on the red carpet all day to get a spot so we just took a walk down the sides of main street on the way out. it was really cool to see the red carpet with all the press and hoopla surrounding it. They showed the premiere over by the ride on an outdoor stage, it would have been cool to see something like that. They had fireworks at the end of the movie, they woke me up around midnight, I could see them from my room. Today we spent the day in California Adventure, that was also pretty fun. Well enough of my babble, I definitely recommend checking out the Jedi Academy for kids of all ages.

PS Pics of the Jedi Academy, Pirates Premiere, and Jedi Video on MySpace, link at the bottom!

4. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I agree with Miana on this topic. [face_peace]

5. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Wait a minute... for those taking the taxi from the LACC, I noticed we said we were meeting at the main entrance. But I'm noticing on the map it's a pretty big place and I wonder if there might be more than one entrance? Hmmm. I hope we can find one another all right.

6. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    The South Tower main entrance is where the big banner is at the moment (see pictures in the "Ramblings Downtown" thread). Why doesn't everyone agree to meet "under the banner?"

7. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Life is a party. Without drinking there is no life, you'd be dehydrated. Drink Water! [face_laugh]

8. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    It's TOMORROW!!!

If anyone would like my cell phone number incase they have to come late/want to meet up later/get lost, PM me and I'll be happy to give it to you! :)

9. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Have fun on Pirates for me while I'm sitting in work! :_|

10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I just recently found out that I get reception on Pirates, Stuart. I could call you while I'm on Pirates if you'd like. ;)

11. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    [face_laugh] Nah, tis ok.

I do have a half day though to go watch my team in the Champions League Final so i'll hopefully being enjoying the game!

12. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    I got in to Anaheim yesterday and spent half the day at Knott's and then half the day again today. Looking forward to Disneyland tommorrow, but for now I am off to Newport Beach :D

13. Mohawk-Elvis

Mohawk-Elvis Jedi Master star 1

Jan 28, 2007
    Been at Disneyland since yesterday.

Never have been here before.

I liked Space Mountain and the Indiana Jones Adventure.

Pirates of the Carribean was cool too.

If you are eating at the park it is expensive. [face_plain]

I recommend for food is going to a breakfast buffet with Minnie and friends character breakfast at the Plaza Inn.
    It cost around 22 dolars and I used our AAA card and saved 10 percent.
    So it came out around $19.79 plus tax.

Needless to say I ate enough to get me through to dinner tonight.

Hope you all have a good time tomorrow and maybe I'll see some of you.

14. JediXtine

Nov 2, 2006
    See you all in the morning!
    [image=http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i135/nurzxtine/yodalovesdisney.jpg]
    Yoda loves Disney!

15. npgrace

npgrace Jedi Master star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    Just got into Anaheim from the East. See everyone at Disney tomorrow.

16. JediXtine

Nov 2, 2006
    Group pic from Disney!
    [image=http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i135/nurzxtine/fanforcedisneypic.jpg]
    Great times! I look like a lobster now though! See you all at C4!

Christine

17. ScootyPuffJr

ScootyPuffJr Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2007
    Wow, that comment was really 'nice' Miana...sorry for bringing up too 'adult' a nostalgic tradition for your tastes.

Just the same, hopefully you will enjoy your 21st with a little 'dip in the pool,' as it were. Life is indeed a party, and you'll soon find that many 'pros,' actors, etc. gravitate toward watering-holes. If you've seen Master-Kenobi's photos of her with Peter Mayhew -- I actually took several of those, and we were most definitely in the hotel bar at the time!

At any rate, I'm glad to see that the CIV Store has some nice shot, old-fashioned and pilsner glasses for sale.

Actually the 'fake ID' line is one regularly used by 'Merlin' at Medieval Times (cheese ahoy!), but whatever...

I'm really looking forward to meeting you at CIV (sincerely).

Mary Thomson

18. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Bringing up adult nostalgia over and over again after you've been warned to stop due to content is what gets people banned. Just saying. :p

And at any rate, I had a blast at Disneyland. How about you guys? :)

19. JediXtine

Nov 2, 2006
    It was awesome! Enjoyed watching SW in 30 minutes with ya as well! Are you going through withdrawls? I am!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.