C-IV MEMORIES (and speculations on C-V)

Discussion in 'FanForce: Star Wars Celebration Anaheim' started by ValedaKor, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    The other thread's gone over 500 posts, so time to start up a new one.
  2. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    So...

What do we know? Anything?
  3. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    Not much LOL. Mary and Steve were very closemouthed at Comic-Con. We don't even have a year yet, much less a time frame or place.
  4. TK--421 Force Ghost

star 1
    Just reposting the timelines for all the other Celebrations:

Celebration 2:
    Unofficial News Broke/Confirmed: 03/23/2001 (144 days before Offical Announcement, 406 days before event)
    Official Site Announcement: 08/14/2001 (262 days prior to event)
    Celebration 2 Starts: 05/03/2002

Celebration 3:
    Unofficial News Broke/Confirmed: 11/04/2003 (80 days before Offical Announcement, 534 days before event)
    Official Site Announcement: 01/23/2004 (454 days prior to event)
    Celebration 3 Starts: 04/21/2005

Celebration 4:
    Unofficial News Broke/Confirmed: 04/21/2006 (35 days before Official Announcement, 398 days before event)
    Official Site Announcement: 05/26/2006 (363 days prior to event)
    Celebration 4 Starts: 05/24/2007

Celebration 5:
    Coming soon ;)
  5. Mr_Mundi Force Ghost

star 4
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is the reason for starting a new thread when the old one hits 500 posts?

I am not experiencing any noticeable time difference between opening a thread with one post or one with 12,000 posts, so I was just curious.:)

The good thing about it if we have to wait untill 2010 for CV is that all those saying that they can't afford to go will have that other year to save up for the trip. Besides I think CV should be on the anniversary for Episode V to lign up with CIV.
    I am sure everyone would want it to be as soon as possible, but if it have to be, it have to be.:)
  6. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Just for the uninformed who never visited the other thread, these cities seem to be frontrunners: Chicago, Minneapolis, Baltimore, Orlando (and if CV is delayed until 2010, it would seem Indianapolis would be in the mix again--LFL apparently likes the centrality of Indy).
  7. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    It's a tradition of mine, Mr_Mundi. It serves to help newcomers from sifting through page after page of information.

In this case, since rumor and speculation (and as Moff_D posted, the cities under supposed consideration) are pretty much all we have to go on, we now have a shiny new thread to start posting opinions again :).
  8. JediJustin Jedi Master

star 4
    New forum threads equate to new possibilities.

And hopefully we get some new leads on C5 real soon!
  9. Darthmalius Jedi Master

star 2
    http://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/stories/2008/07/07/story5.html

Thought people might be interested in this artical in reference to Celebration V.

Found in the Baltimore Buissness Journal (online)

May the force be with Baltimore: City vying to host 'Star Wars' expo

Thats the title in case the forums doesn't like the outside link and kills it.
  10. Amidala081499 Force Ghost

star 3
    Interesting reading...thanks for the link.

Baltimore...never been there. No clue what to expect if it is there. Thats the fun...lol.

I am still hoping for Chicago, because it is conveiniently located for me 6 hours, and it has sooo much to offer. Not to mention...great baseball, even though I am an Indians fan...lol.

11. Amidala081499 Force Ghost

star 3
    A bit off topic here...but.

Who is going to the midnight showing of Clone Wars? AND...Are there any costumers going?

I am going and I am stoked. I will be dressed in my Padme blue senate gown..and the news has already been alerted to my presence...lol. For some reason, at each Star Wars event, here in Y-Town I get a phone call from the news station, over whether or not I will be attending.

I think after this last call, I have decided, that I am going to try and set up a fanforce group here. I think it will be very good for us fans.

YodaHugs!!!
  12. ShadaErsari Jedi Master

star 1
    That's pretty awesome, actually. :) I think a FanForce group might be needed if you have other like-minded fans like you in your area.

I'm going to the midnight showing of Clone Wars, and I'm actually going to be attending with the Rebel Legion! I've never been to a RL event before, so I'm a little nervous but very excited, too. I'm dragging my Prequel Jedi costume out for the premier.

I'm really wishing my Asajj Ventress costume was completed, but she's got some work to go before that'll happen.
  13. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    Forgive me for not remembering where you're from, but there are a bunch of Midwest Fan Forces - anything close to you? Midwest FFs. And if I've got the wrong part of the country completely, we could find you one there, too, I'm sure :).
  14. Amidala081499 Force Ghost

star 3
    Val...

I am from Ohio. The closest groups are in Pittsburgh and Cleveland.

I inquired about it a few years back, before epsiode 3 came out, and the girl I spoke to was stoked by the idea. We do not have any close fanforce groups, only ones we have to drive distance to.

So, after the Clone Wars premiere, I think I will look into it. There are loads of fans around here and would love to get us all together.

Hugs!!!
  15. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    That'd be great. Just get a few people together, start up a forum and have three meetings - couldn't be easier! Now's a great time to get started.
  16. ShadaErsari Jedi Master

star 1
    Amidala - where at in Ohio...if you don't mind me asking? That's where I'm from as well. :)
  17. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I believe she said Youngstown. I know there is a decent group of 501st people in that area so you might have some luck in getting a FF going.
    We're in NW Ohio and have a FF. Its a small but consistent group. We get together every other month for dinner and sometimes have other events in between. Good stuff :)
  18. AmmersVI Jedi Master

star 4
    looked like Sansweet was going to be live on Attack of the Show tonight. But as I don't get G4 tv, I can't catch it. Did anyone see it? Was there any CV news?
  19. JediJustin Jedi Master

star 4
    I saw the entire SW coverage on G4. Steve was asked a few questions about TCW - nothing on C5 at all.
  20. ShadaErsari Jedi Master

star 1
    Well, that's just depressing...
  21. Woofer Jedi Master

star 4
    Depressing? You seriously expected Steve would announce Celebration V during the middle of the Clone Wars promotional hype?

It really shouldn't be surprising.

I'm a bit curious about his talk at Dragon*Con. Now that the movie is out, he won't be simply promoting that will he?
  22. ShadaErsari Jedi Master

star 1
    Can't say I really expected it, no. Just...hopeful, I guess.
  23. Amidala081499 Force Ghost

star 3
    Ok, any news now would be great. I mean just let us know the city, thats all.

<sitting on hands, so my nerves will not make me jump>

24. Mr_Mundi Force Ghost

star 4
    I would rather know when than where if we are only given one info.
    That way I would know when to take time off from work.
    City doesn't matter as much since I am coming from Europe.
    I would prefer not to bring the warm clothes though in terms of how much north it will be.:)
  25. JediJustin Jedi Master

star 4
    For me, I would not be upset at all if C5 was announced for 2010. There is more than enough SW stuff to keep me satisfied for the next 12-18 months, including:

TCW (film and TV series)
    The Force Unleashed
    All the new SW books/novels/guides

I've got a lot of catching up to do with all the new books I've purchased recently. Toss in the hours & hours my PS3 and I will be spending with TFU, and the time would just fly by before C5 rolls around! :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.