main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C-IV MEMORIES (and speculations on C-V)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    But Monday 24th 2010 isn't Memorial Day.
    They had 5 days for CIV because Memorial Day was on the Monday.
    That is why I would like them to have CV from May 27th to May31st - that would include Memorial Day so those more local to the event doesn't have to take that day off from work.

2. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    +1.

3. joesdomain

joesdomain Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2006
    I was driving around southside of Indy during memorial day weekend and the hotels/motels were were not full like they were in the past. The Indy 500 ran that weekend. Yet the Speedway stands were full. I think they were saying that most people were coming for the race on race day and then leaving. I don't think Indy would have any trouble hosting a Star Wars Celebration during that weekend. It is only another 30,000 fans. I assume the recession will be worse and still going. With Chrysler and GM heading towards bankruptcy alot more people are losing their jobs. I just got fired yesterday from my grocery store.

4. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Ok...I have to share this embarrassment!

We ate the cake, but we shared my slice and the kids got to eat theirs. However, my hubby's slice will be forever saved. We actually kept his slice in a ziplock bag and we froze it in our hotel freezer area in our fridge. Then, after C4 we visited family in California, so we transported the cake to her house and placed it in her freezer. Then as we left we put it in a safe place in my carry-on.

So...In our freezer right now...is forever safe in carbonite...lol...a piece of the Star Wars Cake.

Now...tell me we are not fanatics...lol.

Ok, done embarrassing myself now!

5. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    LOL - I love it Connie! =D=

6. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    I wish I thought of that....

7. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Connie - isn't that what everyone does with a piece of "memorial cake?" LOL Think of the thousands of pieces of wedding cake ensconced in someone's freezer!

But yours is extra-special, as we all know.

Sorry to hear that you've lost your job, Joe. Now we have a real reason for a Celebration announcement, something to cheer everyone up.

8. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    What about that one dude who stuck his cake in resin and tried to sell it on Ebay? [face_laugh]

I ate mine, though sitting in the back it took a while to get to me. Memories taste better than material. ;)

I know about the job thing. I'm technically still employed, but it being an individual and not a company, it's on and off. Plus it's temporary (I'm landscaping someone's backyard and, when I can, their front yard.) Yesterday I got to work for the first time since March. I've been putting out applications, but no go so far.

9. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Whew...I am glad noone thought I was weird...lol.

I just wanted to forever have something that meant so much to me!

Now...Off to snooping around other boards to see if anyone has any news. I am going insane...lol.

10. buggyvirus1

buggyvirus1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    I have recently heard there will not be a CV....

KIDDING! Just wanted some faces of shock and dismay followed by some form of "Whew" feelings LOL

As long as the celebrations make money I don't see any reason to end them. So get ready for an announcement!

11. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I don't know what profit the previous Celebrations have made. The last one generated a lawsuit which is probably still hung up in court since those kinds of things tend to drag on for years. For LucasFilm, the goal of Celebration is publicity anyway.

I would look for the economy to get better or the unemployment rate to go down before any plans or announcements come out for another Celebration. There's not much point in having one if too many people just can't afford to go.

12. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    I looked into what was going on with the lawsuit the other day out of curiosity and found out that LFL had the judge dismiss the suit back in November due to GenCon's bankruptcy and reorganization, so something was being worked out.

13. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Trust me, people ARE traveling more (my aching fingers are proof of this) and there will always be people who can go/can't go. They may not spend as much on 'stuff' (as evident by the massive sales at the c4 store on the last day) and economic hard times don't stop the world.

I tried getting tix for a day at comic con - no go - sold OUT....

There will be a C-5, probably as soon as next spring... and it will be a blow out.

14. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    I would have to agree about the state of the economy. I don't think the economy will have any bearing on the decision to hold a Celebration. In fact, its probably another reason in favor of having one in the Midwest to make it more accessible for more people (unless you're coming from outside the country).

Speaking of which, neither the Indy Convention Center nor the Rosemont in Chicago have any events listed for next Memorial Day weekend. Just sayin'... ;)

15. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    You noticed that too, did you, Moff_D? :cool:

I agree with the assumption that this will go on. As DB found out, attendance is still going strong for C-C. That's why I never hesitate to order my four day badge well in advance; the chances of it being sold out are too great. Obviously there will be changes in how the attending companies and vendors do their work. Lucasfilm, for instance -- no Star Wars Shop this year. The cost of moving all that gear played a big decision in that.

Celebration is special, as we all know. So finding a way to have it take place is extremely important. I'm pretty sure they're working on that.

16. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I want this quote engraved on my tombstone. ;)

17. Capt-SithPaark

Capt-SithPaark Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 24, 2004
    Have word that G4 (at E3) has stated that there will be a major 'SW' announcement at the SDCC

and this, also from E3 - so far ...

Nice presentation - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-star-wars/50075

... and yes, many Bothans died to bring you this previous press edit

and the trailer (debuted at E3 yesterday)

http://e3.g4tv.com/videos/38654/Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-E3-2009-Cinematic-Trailer/?quality=hd

18. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Awesome Stuff!

That's all I gotta say...lol. Woohoo! Can't wait!!!

Now...Let's have some C5 information...((((nervously twiddling thumbs))))

19. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
  20. Phantom_Jedi

Phantom_Jedi Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2002
    Same here.

I guess this late in the game if it's gonna happen it will be announced at SDCC. If not and they spring it at the last moment like the Celebration Japan I doubt I'll go, as we need plenty of notice.

21. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Hopefully fans have started their "C5 Funds" months ago before we even get an official announcement.

22. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Yep, it's started long ago.
    I put 5 bucks aside - was I supposed to continue?:confused: [face_whistling]

23. quigonobi

quigonobi Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    I never stopped saving after C4 so my C5 fund is quite considerable and i put it away so it could get the maximum of interest so as soon as the big announcement comes through i will be more than ready!!

24. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I wish I could have been saving for C5 all this time! Between my cars and the vet bills any savings have gone the way of Yareel POOF!

25. Phantom_Jedi

Phantom_Jedi Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2002
    For me it's not only a funds issue, but also a scheduling issue. We have to have our holidays booked way in advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.