main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C-IV MEMORIES (and speculations on C-V)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Geez, a whole week without a rumour or speculation post?

Dark days indeed... :p

At this point, I too am starting to think 2010 would be better at least from a personal standpoint. We are already tentatively planning for conventions and vacations next year, C5 might be a bit of a nuisance the longer we have to wait for an announcement...

2. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Well a little bird told me some interesting news.

Memorial Day Weekend.

Toronto

Then the little bird was silenced by men in black.

and if you believe that I have some great property 10 miles east of Miami Beach I want to sell you.

3. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Woofer...that was classic. Thanks for the laughs!!!

Gotta love that land, prolly could sell it to Justin if you make the land a piece of Tatooine...lol.

Love ya guys!!!

4. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I would be happy for an excuse to go to not-so-central Toronto. :p

5. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Well, I believe Dragon-Con is the next big convention coming up in a few days.

Maybe we get some C5-related info divulged there...[face_praying]

6. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Ya know, having just been at the FanExpo this past weekend, there is no reason Toronto couldn't hold a Celebration...

Just sayin' is all... :D

7. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    And Hayden Christensen is going to lead off the Darth Panel, while Harrison Ford laments how is career has taken a nose dive since Star Wars....

8. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    And George Lucas shows off his Best Picture Oscar for "The Clone Wars."

9. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    I think they should add a George Lucas flannel shirt exhibit. That would be sweet.

10. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I got a chance to speak with Mary Franklin for about 5 minutes at Comic-Con during a break, and she said the 'where" isn't for sure yet (still looking), but as for the "when" - she'd like it to be 2010, specifically for Empire's 30th anniversary. I agreed, and added that hopefully both the Clone Wars animated series and the live-action series will be airing by then. She agreed about that too, and said, "We'll see." :D

I'm hoping for an announcement during Steve's panel at Comic-Con 2009. [face_praying]

11. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I overheard Mary talking about that, too. The location isn't important to me, but I do hope we'll have an announcement about the year, for heaven's sake, pretty doggone soon.

12. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    since people have brought up talking to Mary at Comic-Con, I also talked to Mary a bit about it, and it seems 2010 is the more likely timeframe... and while Steve has speculated on some potential cities, Mary hadn't been in contact with their convention offices -- until they heard that Steve had mentioned them and then they contacted her...

13. Fistofury

Fistofury Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    It's kind of funny, but Orlando posted almost the exact same article, see the link.

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/stories/2008/07/14/story5.html?ana=from_rss

both said in July that per Sansweet "a decision on where to take the convention could be made within six months"

14. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Thanks for the insider tidbit, JedHead!

15. KennethMorgan

KennethMorgan Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2004
    I rather figured that the next one would be for TESB's 30th, since the last one was for ANH's.

Question is, is that enough time to get myself into shape? I'm not exactly a kid anymore (except in temperment).

16. ShadaErsari

ShadaErsari Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2003
    Considering it's currently September and most of 2008 is already over, I think we're all safe to say that 2009 is almost thoroughly out of the running. Don't you think? I mean, yeah, they could spring the con on us like they did for Celebration: Japan, but I'm not sure how likely that will be.

Might see if I can get an opportunity to speak with Mr. Sansweet in October at Star Wars Fan Days II in Plano, TX. I doubt I'll get any more info than you guys already got from Ms. Franklin (thanks for sharing those tidbits, btw). But I guess it's worth a shot.

I'm placing my bets on 2010. And hey, if it happens in 2009, then I guess I'll just have to save enough vacation time to make it there.

17. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Yeah, I've got a message into Mary, too, but I agree, 2010 looks more likely. We'll see if she has anything to tell me :).

18. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I just got back from DragonCon and while I was not in the room when Steve Sansweet said it, he said that they had done 3 major events in the last year and a half and they were a bit burned out for now, so 2010 is when they would aim for another Celebration. LA is definitely not a contender, at least until they build big hotels next to that convention center, which would be 2012 at the earliest.

19. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Is this particular part something Sansweet actually said, or is this just speculation based on the "bit burned out for now" comment?

In any case, thanks for the info!

20. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Away for a few days and wow...all this chatter...lol.

Yes, ditto Justin on that info. Please.

I think we are looking at 2010. Too much to plan if it was going to be 2009. Doubt a Convention as C5 would be, could be completed and designed by then. Well, look at the bright side, we can save more mulah...lol.

Would love to see it in Indy again, just for ****s and giggles.

Hugs!!!

21. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    2010 would work for me. Give us enough time to prepare because Spring 2009 is approaching insanely fast. Even though Chicago is the closest rumored city to me, I hope it'll be elsewhere.

22. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    To me, 2010 and celebrating 30 years of ESB is better than having it in 2009 to celebrate TPM and/or the 10th anniversary of C1.

The prequels had their "assigned" Celebrations - time for the next two Celebrations to continue to honor the rest of the OT.

23. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    This is what a couple of people told me Sansweet said in one of his DragonCon panels when asked about Celebration. So, unless I misheard or they change their minds, it looks like it's 2010.

24. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    OK, sounds good to me. Thanks again for the info!

25. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Well, at lease we have a year. That's a start.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.