main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C-IV MEMORIES (and speculations on C-V)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    It's possible there could be an announcement this weekend at Star Wars Fan Days in Plano, TX. Steve Sansweet is scheduled to give the "Future of STAR WARS" presentation with Dave Filoni at 2pm local time. An announcement regarding CV is just conjecture at this point though.

2. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I think for CIII, they didn't announce it until November.

3. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    According to the fourth entry on the first page of this thread the official announcement was in January, more than a year ahead of the event in April the year after. The unofficial announcement was in November the year before the official announcement.

4. quigonobi

quigonobi Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    goodness when i saw the new banner i thought i had missed something!!Hope we get the announcement we have been waiting for this weekend and i hope it Chicago not Orlando,sorry i have not been posting ive been a very busy lady!!

5. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    I give up. With the time it's taking them to announce this dumb thing (and the fact I still have no job) I think it's personally impossible that I'd be able to go- at least for all four days. If I end up doing the cross-country bicycle ride like I want to and happen to pass by whatever city it's in, I might go for one day just to look around...but not if it's in either Chicago or Orlando. I don't want to get mugged or boil to death.

6. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Why Chicago and Orlando? Those are just about the most illogical places they could've picked. I mean, they're ok to visit, and if you've lived there for years, chances are that you're used to the weather by now. But for an event of such magnitude, where people from all over the country and all over the world, from all walks of life and all possible locations, are all trying to congregate in one place to celebrate the greatest saga of all time...those two locations just don't make sense. LA, however, made sense. These two locations do not.

On the same vein, people need to make plans. People have lives. I can't possibly comprehend why it's taking so long to make this announcment, when they've had the longest time to negotiate this. It's very discourteous to the fans.

I'm hoping at the last moment, they'll switch the location to LA. And I'm hoping they'll announce it soon. Like now. That would be soon enough for me. ;)

Edit: Link.

7. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Sansweet did NOT announce it at Fan Days but did say that they should be announcing it in the next 4-6 weeks.

8. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Unfortunately. :(

9. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    There's a post on TFN main now saying it's going to be finalized within 6 to 8 weeks. Is it going to be almost 2010 by the time they even decide on a location? For a convention that's supposed to be summer of next year? They sure aren't giving themselves much time to pull this thing together. I'm increasingly worried C5 is not going to be very good if they're scrambling like this.

10. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I hear you Beth. I'm fairly concerned myself. [face_worried]

11. -Yun-Harla-

-Yun-Harla- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2006
    I concur. UGH!

12. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    well maybe they have everything planned and are judt waiting for the place to finish all the details?.......

Maybe maybe not lol

13. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    We can always hope that's the case. And at the moment there isn't much to do but hope that everything will turn out just fine when the doors to CV open.

14. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    So, I don't know how reliable this is, but I just got back from making a purchase at the Spirit store in my area, and they are telling people that CV is going to be in Las Vegas. It makes sense to me, because they had several corporations cancel trips there because of Obama's comments in the heat of the AIG situation. Vegas is desperate.

15. The_Cheeser

The_Cheeser Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    Interesting. Keep in mind that that is contradictory to what Sansweet said at Chicago comic con:
    "It will be on the 'right half of the country' (which, according to Sansweet, means that it will be somewhere between Chicago and the Atlantic.)"

16. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I don't think Obama's comments weighing down Las Vegas; I have a friend in that area and they had a biiiiiiiiiig real estate bubble pop. And conventions were one of the things that can be cut after Wall Street almost tanked the whole economy last year and had to be bailed out.

Las Vegas would be an interesting choice for CV. They certainly have the facilities, but it's not that centrally located, especially for people on the east coast. They would have to get a really good deal to got to Las Vegas. And my family reunion dates are set for next summer in July. If CV conflicts with those dates I'll just have to miss CV. I think more people will have more conflicts like that the later it gets without an announcement.

17. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    That's the impression I got from Steve and Mary.

18. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    So I log onto tf.n and see Possible CV news just to see it is a rehash of old news. Don't do that to an old woman!!! I got excited. I can't handle that much excitement just to be let down. [face_frustrated]

19. MightyMass

MightyMass Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2009
    I felt the same way. I was giddy for a moment.

Finding out that it was just restating what we already knew was depressing, and I've had a TERRIBLE week... so... I could use some good news.

Edit: Clone Wars Season 1 is on DVD this week. I suppose that is good news!

Love
    Matt

20. MightyMass

MightyMass Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2009
    So Baltimore is off the map. Not really an anouncement, but something we can at least eliminate from the map of possible locations.

21. JediXtine

JediXtine Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2006
    Still waiting......anyone have any new "speculation"?

22. CJBOOK520

CJBOOK520 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2009
    Let me just go on record as saying if they have it in LA I'll scream. In no way, shape or form does that make sense for the majority of fans. LA is a really long journey for most people in the US. Everything in LA is more expensive than other places. It's just not convenient for anyone who doesn't live there. And on a personal note, I don't like that particular city. Somewhere centralized makes sense. That's why my vote is for Indy again. C3 rocked, plenty of hotels, plenty of space, convient to travel to and around. It seems more fair.

23. JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY

JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2003
    I heard it was going to be in Byram MS April 28th 2010. According to mandaloriansmsd.com lol

24. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Maybe they're planning a "Fanboy Christmas" by announcing it in December???

25. JediXtine

JediXtine Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2006
    Well it's now officially December and no announcement............i'm giving up! I'm thinking SDCC instead!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.