main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C-IV MEMORIES (and speculations on C-V)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quigonjaf1961

quigonjaf1961 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2006
    2010 suits me just fine it will give me more of a chance to save and to lose weight and also by that time the airfares might have come down in price,also its the year before my 50th birtday so i will be having a celebration of my own!! I do think that we may have Celebration Europe 2 maybe ?

2. quigonjaf1961

quigonjaf1961 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2006
    2010 suits me just fine it will give me more of a chance to save and to lose weight and also by that time the airfares might have come down in price,also its the year before my 50th birtday so i will be having a celebration of my own!! I do think that we may have Celebration Europe 2 maybe ?

3. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I just got a message from Mary Franklin a couple of days ago, that she still needs to go check out venues. Looks like 2010 is just gonna have to be it -- it's way too late to do anything about 2009, seems to me.

4. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Sounds perfectly fine to me.

2010 for C5 - be there!! (ummm, wherever it is...)

5. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Wonder how the economy is going to be by then. I can see fuel costs being a proboem in the near future. Some of those vendors have to be hurting.

6. star-killer1

star-killer1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    I just saw on the news where in Indiana that some of the gas stations are getting close to $6.00 a gallon.

7. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    And for a lot of people, that's way too much to drive 500 miles to go to a con. It would keep a LOT of people home, especially some of the vendors who have to drive trucks far distances. We've got the Baltimore Comic Con coming up and I heard a lot of vendors have backed out because it's not worth the trip. My opinion might be in the minority here but I really think they should put off any Celebration until things start looking a little better.

8. star-killer1

Jun 7, 2005
    Unfortunately it does not look like that is going to happen any time soon.

9. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Not that it matters, but whatever "news" show you were watching is totally misinformed, or you misinterpreted the data. Just processed an expense account that showed gas in Indianapolis was $3.75 a gallon. I also checked gasprices.net, just to confirm.

Doesn't matter, as I said; things might well be different in a year or two. Be that as it may, wherever and whenever they decide to hold a Celebration, "they will come." I know, baring some unforeseen circumstance, that I'll be there.

10. eden_rayn

eden_rayn Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2008
    2010 would be best just for money reasons for me. I would like Chicago to be the location even though I am moving to the LA area in 2009 I just think it is a better location not east or west coast but central. As for Toronto I don't know I think CV should be in the United States not Canada. With Canada their is also the pass port problem for most American's since we now need them to cross the border. It will also give me plenty of time to finish my trooper and Force Unleashed costume for the convention.

11. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Celebration V in Toronto was a joke, eh?

Although a Celebration Canada, with Hayden Christensen, Pablo Hildago, Paul Ens and Robert Coleman would be fun.

12. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Well, Hayden would say he was coming and then back out days before ;)

Incidentally, being a Canadian now living in the U.S., having a future Celebration in Toronto would be fine. There is little difference between Canada and the U.S. (culture-wise at least, except we're funnier in a droll way and our money looks way better :p ). With the way the economies are now, it appears there would be little difference in cost but that could change. And keep in mind its the U.S. that is requiring the passport to get back into the country. Canada would prefer the U.S. rethink that as it ain't good for business. A Celebration in Toronto wouldn't be all that different from one in Chicago or Indy, not that it is likely to happen. Just sayin' is all ;)

Having said all that, Chicago would be a real spiffy location to have the next Celebration if and when it happens.

13. JediXtine

JediXtine Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2006
    I am all for a Celebration Canada :), Toronto is only 3.5 hours from my house!

14. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I thought I had heard somewhere that the LACC hosting CIV was dependent on them reaching an agreement with LFL to also host C5 and C6.

Was there ever any validity to this rumor?

15. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    I know from the folks on the L.A. site selection committee that L.A. was going to host V, VI and VII, but I also understand that the lack of hotel rooms close to the convention center was then a deal-breaker for Steve and Mary, after IV. That, and the food situation, also. The lack of restaurants has been alleviated somewhat, but not the hotel situation. Look for a Celebration back in L.A. in 2015 or 2016 :cool:.

16. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Thanks for the info, Helen! :)

17. ShadaErsari

ShadaErsari Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2003
    I wouldn't mind returning to LA around that time period once they solve those issues you mentioned. That's great info. So thank you for passing it along to us! :)

18. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I was hoping for Vegas to be honest. Close to home here in AZ. If not that then Dallas sounded pretty good since we can't have LA again for a few years. The idea of traveling to the east with these economic times frustrates me, makes me worried my husband and I won't be able to afford the trip and we will miss CV! Perish the thought, but it is a concern. I'm sure the folks out east feel the same way about the idea of it being held in the west.

Hi Helen!! Sorry haven't been in touch in so long. [:D]

19. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    And big hugs back to you, kiddo! Hey, it's tough to keep in touch. That ol' debbil RL gets in the way every doggone time. :)

20. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Don't it just!

21. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Well, There are those in the "Indy" camp because of nostalgia for the "Good 'ol Celebrations"... And the hotel situation was not bad. LA wasn't too bad of a location. I think the ability to spread things out was good... However, the East Coast folks haven't had one close to their homes yet. Chicago would be closer for them, but it's not up to us fans...

I'm with ya'll on the 2010 thing. I would hope there would have been an announcement by now if it was going to be in 2009. (Though wasn't Celebration Japan pretty short notice?)

Anyone know what other cities were being tossed around? Or if they plan on doing another Celebration Europe? I'd like to see those happen in different years... So, I could make both. (If I could manage it)

22. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Actually, pretty much every city in the U.S. has been bandied about LOL.

Mary was getting ready to do site inspections after Comic-Con in July, and we haven't heard anything since. I can't imagine they'd do something in 2009, but you never know, with this lot. Same reason we haven't heard anything about anywhere else -- nobody's gotten around to even thinking about arrangements.

23. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I'm telling ya, the banner graphic should be a backyard...

24. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Ain't that the truth????

25. star-killer1

Jun 7, 2005
    Can we say C1?

If i kinda remember hearing some stories correctly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.