main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C IV Rebel Legion/Fan Force Mixer - May 27 - Maximum number has been reached! No more sign-ups

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Miana Kenobi, Apr 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    PAYMENT INFO:

If you are on the list for the Mixer, here is the information for payment. The price includes all fees, taxes, service charges, etc.

The sooner you can pay the better because we have a $400 deposit due on May 7th. The deadline for payment is Saturday, May 19.

PayPal: cybercat@cybercatconsulting.com
    (this account does accept credit card payments).

In your PayPal, PLEASE INCLUDE:

Name
    Screenname
    Total number in your part
    Name of guests
    (if you have any).

If you would like to mail the money, please PM me for the address.

2. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 30, 2004
    Done,

Thanks for taking the time to arrange this for us! :)

3. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Sorry Miana. I wasn't saying anything about your efforts. We appreciate all you've done. I'm just saddened that more people won't be able to take part in this.

4. npgrace

npgrace Jedi Master star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    Payment sent. Thanks Miana for being point person for this. Looking forward to the party.

5. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    So the $28 includes PayPal fees too?

6. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Yes, Matt.

7. Darth_Nevoc

Darth_Nevoc Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 26, 2004
    So how does this wait list thing work? I noticed over on the RL boards that 6 spots opened up but then were quickly grabbed without even a mention of the waiting list over here. Can I assume that preferential treatment is being given to RL members even though this is being advertised as a joint event?

8. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Just a couple of items from the person organizing this (e.g., ME):

It shouldn't be advertised as a "joint" event. This is a Rebel Legion party that was opened up to non-Rebel Legion members. At this point, Rebel Legion members have priority. There will be presentations for "Rebel of the Year" and "Costumer of the Year"; so yes, we're being biased. Sorry to sound mean, but this is primarily for RL. I wanted a multi-club mixer but it was voted down by another group.

And please don't send payment for more than you signed up for. Someone sent me a payment for 4 when they only signed up for 1. All guests will have to go on the waiting list. You can PM me about adding people if you wish; requests will be handled by date/time stamp both here and on the RL boards.

Right now I have about 10 people on the waiting list and I will be calling the hotel to see if we can add more people to our party. A lot of this is based on the size of the room we are getting and we are nearing capapcity very quickly.

Hope this clears things up.

9. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I added FanForce in the title because I didn't want to get bombarded with the "why are you posting Rebel Legion info here?" questions. :oops:

10. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    There are going to be presentations that will be very boring for non-Rebel Legion members and children (of all ages ;) ). It was supposed to be a sit-down dinner for a smaller group (about 75), but no one wanted to pay $70 per person for that. So it was expanded to a "happy hour" type event and opened to RL members and guests.

If someone here wants to organize a FanForce-only mixer/party, I will be happy to e-mail you all the banquet information from the hotel.

11. larame_kaine

larame_kaine Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2005
    Is this party full or can you still rsvp?

-Larame

12. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    You spoke too soon. ;)

I just called the hotel and we have a very big room. The currentlist has 130 on it so I'm upping the capacity to 200. We have room for 70 more attendees.

Everyone currently on the Waiting List has been moved to the Guest List. Just please pay as soon as you can.

13. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    That's good to hear! :D

14. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Amazing what the almighty dollar can do. :D

Should be a good event! But i'll be enjoying a Scottish Festival on the Sunday.

15. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    As of 12 noon today, we are up to 144.

16. Darth_Nevoc

Darth_Nevoc Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 26, 2004
    Make that 142. Remove me and my #2 from the list please. We've made other plans already.

17. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    Done. Thanks for the heads up.

18. Ashara_Leiani

Ashara_Leiani Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 27, 2007
    Screen Name: Ashara Leiani
    # in Party: 5

19. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Wish my family could attend, but no kids are permitted...SO VERY SAD...SNIFF, SNIFF!!!!

20. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I think that kids are permitted, it's just that they might get bored with all the adults mingling, the presentations, and the alcohol. I'm bringing an 11-year old, because I won't have anyone to watch her.

21. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Payment sent in. :)

22. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    That is patently untrue. It was never stated that kids were not permitted. It was stated that children will pay the same cost as adults ($28 per person).

This is not a "family friendly" event. This is a cocktail party with adults, alcohol, and scattered tables. There will be a presentation that will probably run about 30-40 minutes and bore the socks off of most kids. There is no "entertainment" or anything to occupy a child.

If you wish to bring your children please be aware that they will be in the minority and their behavior should be condusive to the environment. I cannot be held responsible if they happen to overhear language or jokes that are of an adult nature. This is not an environment I would bring my children to and out of respect for that I am not bringing them with me.

As of 8:00pm PST we are at 149 guests.

23. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    So were all good now, Fan Force and Rebel Legion in the house? At the end of the day, money is money... these hotels don't care if it's FF or RL money. ;) I think it'll be a blast and can't wait to see everyone there!

24. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    Thanks so much for all the hard work......and for finding a way to enlarge the possibilities - I have emailed the other 4 people I'm meeting in LAX - should have their answers by tomorrow.

25. Grog_Starkiller

Grog_Starkiller Jedi Master

Nov 2, 2006
    Payment Sent!! Thanks for all you efforts Donna.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.