main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C-IV Video Game Night Thursday May 24

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Sol_Jedi, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    I've posted something similar before, but being as C-IV is next month, I've talked to a couple of people here and I pitched a video game night where I bring my Wii and games plus I'll provide some refreshments(i.e., ordering a pizza or a large sub sandwich), and maybe someone who's kind enough to loan us their room for a couple of hours. I live in a small studio apartment and I wouldn't be able to have people play comfortably in my place.

It would go down on thursday night since from what I've been told, LucasFilm isn't having anything special planned as far as convention related events.

If anyone wants to be in on this, feel free to post. I'm not going for anything big, but the more the merrier. Since my FF is playing host I would like to meet and greet some of the people here who are comming to C-IV.

2. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    I won't be in LA until the 25th.

3. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I'll be around, but I'm not sure what else is planned that night yet. Hothie and I might be up for it though. Can't lend our room though cause I have to be up early to do the FanForce table so need to be able to go to sleep that night.

4. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Well we've got almost a whole month to see what happens. If I can find a room, I'll get one just for thursday night. I'm open to any ideas/suggestions.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm aiming to get there either the 22nd or 23rd, depending on airline ticket availability (yeah I know it's last second but I'm taking care of that on fri with my next paycheck, I swear!). I'd love to attend a Game forum gathering one night though.

6. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Don't take this the wrong way, but if there was a large collection of game regulars in one place, that place would have to be destroyed. For society's benifit, of course.

7. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    I would love to come if it wasn't on the 24th...

8. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    I'm not expecting 100 people to show up, but we adjust what to do accordingly. That's why I put up this thread to get an idea of how many people might show up, and then plan accordingly. If there isn't too many of us, then it wouldn't be hard to plan. If there's like 10 or more people planning to make it on thursday, then I'd have to see about getting a large room to fit everyone and see about what to order as far as refreshments and stuff.

9. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    bumping this up so hopefully more people might interested in doing this.

10. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I might be interested. We shall see how the scheduling goes.

11. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    *bump*

12. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
  13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    So we definitely have someone local who can bring their Wii (and, hopefully, enough controllers for whatever games are played)?

And also don't forget your forceboat t-shirts ;)

14. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Way to capitalize off other people Quest =(

15. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    Rich, you have to admit, it's a great shirt.
    It even quotes Flare on the back.

Now Flare can be immortalized!

16. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    Should I subscribe to the newsletter?

I am almost tempted to buy one of those shirts. I love the back written in typical Flare fashion.

17. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Yes I have 4 of all controllers. I have TP, Trauma Center, Red Steel, Wii Play, Super Paper Mario, Cooking Mama, Super Swing Golf, and of course Wii Sports. I'll getting Monkey Ball and Raving Rabbids so if more than 2 people show up we can have more games that have 4 player ability. On a sad note though, Mario Party 8 for the Wii will be out after C-IV on the 29th I believe. Unless Nintendo releases it earlier. Worse case senario, I'll get 3 more GC controllers so we can play SSBM. Anyone who does show up can bring any of their Wii games if they want. As for food, I'm thinking either ordering pizza or going somewhere in Downtown.

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It should- it's an actual Flare post ;)

19. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Quest, that is beautiful. I wish I had money :(

20. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    Bumping this up. Pretty much 2 weeks to go for C-IV. Hopefully some of us can get together for this.

21. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
  22. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Have you collected phone numbers or hotel info from everyone?

23. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    No, but I probably should.

Anyone who is planning on attending and anyone who could spare their room for a few hours please PM me. Please leave your name, screen name, cell #, and which hotel you're staying at.

If there's up to 5 people attending(including myself), I can provide transportation in my car to and from hotels and restaurants/entertainment if we all decide to. Any more than 5 people we'll have to compromise what we're going to do as far as refreshments and where/what to do. Also if anyone has any questions, or would like me to show them around a little, please feel free to ask. I would have no problem showing anyone around.

Edit: If no one can loan a room, I might still be able to get one. However, I need to know first if someone would be willing to loan their room for a few hours at most. Also I'm thinking of getting together around 5 or 6pm? Also, my FF is having an informal get together at a local California Pizza Kitchen, and there aren't too many of us, we could all go there. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

24. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.