main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends C/L/some Mara: Songfic Get Happy

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by darkjaina55, Apr 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkjaina55

darkjaina55 Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2005
    Disclaimer: I own neither Star Wars nor the song Get Happy.
    This is a songfic done to Get Happy by Bowling For Soup. Also, I'm JediCallista's sock!
    ------------------------------------------------------
    She packed her stuff and she left for the city
    On the 8:10 train and I still can't believe it
    Man, I don't even know how we could let this happen

Luke sat down on has bed and stared at his hands. It had been a week since Callista had left him. She had pretended she was dead, and that was the last he had seen of her.
    She slammed the door and she gave me the finger
    And we fell so fast I still can't remember
    You can read it yourself, it's all in the letter

It seemed like only a moment had passed since him and Callista had been just another carefree couple. The first few days after she had discovered her Force powers were gone were hard of course, but the days following those were the most blissful Luke could remember. Then she had faked her death on the Knight Hammer, and everything had changed.
    Maybe you're right
    we've had a good time
    I'll sit around, you get yourself a new life
    Go get your spark, go find your smile and get happy

Luke knew that he had to let Callista go. They had found out there was nothing he could do to make her Force powers come back. Apparently, his love didn't fill the hole that was created when her Force powers fled her body. So he went on with teaching at his praxeum, hoping Callista would find something to make her happier than he had.
    Heard your back did you find what was missing?
    Was it just that easy or were you mistaken

He had seen her again. On Nam Choris. She had warned his sister away, and Leia still went. His search for her had brought him back into Callista's life, only to have her leave him again. She had given him one last love filled glance, and he knew that he would never see her again. Every time he thought of that last moment, his heart broke, wondering what he could have done to aid her quest so she would come back to him.
    Maybe you're right
    We've had a good time
    I'll sit around you get yourself a new life
    Go get your spark, go find your smile
    And just let it shine tonight wherever you are
    I hope there's a spark(hope there's a spark)
    Save me a smile
    And get happy, yeah
    Happy, yeah
    Happy, yeah

Luke was married. Not to the woman he thought he would be, but to someone just as wonderful. He still missed Callista, but Mara was now his love, his beauty. He knew things could have turned out differently, if only Callista had regained her Force powers. He also knew that he wouldn't want things to be different, and the only thing that he hoped for regarding Callista was that she would find someone as wonderful as he had, and get happy again.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    R&R
    Jacee

2. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    An interesting look at Luke and Callista's breakup. The song fit really well. Nice job! :D

3. darkjaina55

darkjaina55 Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2005
    Thanks only reviewer! *Hint hint*

4. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Wow, that was really good. Nice to see something about Callista, and the song seemed to fit the way she and Luke ended things well. Nicely done, dj55 :)

5. JediCallista_1_6_e54

JediCallista_1_6_e54 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    I like it. Seeing as you are me, I should like it.

6. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Yeah, I figured that out when at the end it said Jacee. Nice 'fic!

Though if I had known it was you originally, JC, I would have read it sooner.

KT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.