main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[C & P] Fort Tusken Homiez

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by TK-4752, May 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Yes, I know Bruno. :) I can't remember if he had metal pieces for his helmet, though. I'll see what Az says, and then maybe pester Bruno about it. :D

2. ChiefsBlow2004

ChiefsBlow2004 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2004
    Ya know -- I had the Tusken robe prototype all ready and packed and in the trunk at D&B this weekend, and forgot to show peoples.

Lemme go take a pic real quick.

3. ChiefsBlow2004

ChiefsBlow2004 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2004
    Okie. Here's the test robe I did...takes about 3 yards of fabric. And you can see how uber oversized it fits me, so it should fit most people. We'll have to make some adjustments for everyone that's planning on being a Tusken, though.

[image=http://home.comcast.net/~josh.anaya/tusken-test.jpg]

4. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    And I found this poor sucker under almost 2 months worth of posting.

Heh...I look like the savior of humanity in that pic.

Who's still interested in doing this? I can start poking around for cheap metal bitz for the head. If anyone saw the Tusken at MHC, those pieces were machined...but the guy that did them (Spawn) didn't want to do anymore, even if we paid him. :p Or, at least, that's what I was told. *shrug*

5. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    Are you talking about the group of Tuskens? I am going to be doing a female tusken and even though I am down here can I crash from time to time?

By the way, any suggestions on fabrics? I need to start getting mine together for when I finally get the mask.

6. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Of course you can. :p :D

And, I found this uber-nice Russian muslin at Hobby Lobby that'd be perfect for Tuskens, but it was $12.99/yard. I haven't checked the nearest Joann's since they moved at the beginning of the month (they got completely new stock in the new store), but I'd prefer to get it there since we get 40% coupons all the time. ;)

7. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    12.99/yard?! eck! I was thinking like 3.00/yard. Okay, I think I need to go to Joann's and Hancock and see what they have. Maybe I will luck out with the sale rack.

Night all!

8. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    that 12.99 stuff is nice. but its way too much money.

9. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    We should get a firm headcount on who wants to do this, so we can start the ever-popular costuming plans and machinations...

I am in...so in...I want my costume to look a bit more like the Tuscan male, though...that long female headpiece looks way uncomfortable.

10. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    mistress, would mine explaining how you want it to look like the male tusken? I am just curious on the changes you want to make...

11. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Sure, OTF...the female Tuscan figures we were looking at during R&D were AOTC females, with that long crazy head thing...looks uncomfortable.

I'm thinking ANH version, with a lil spice would be right up my alley. ;)

12. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    ah, so you are going to go more for a male tusken then a female tusken?

I am just hoping to wear my glasses under the head piece so I can or I will have to get a friend to lead me around.

13. Darth_Larsen

Darth_Larsen Jedi Master star 1

Sep 23, 2004
    Im still intersted.

I still need to put the clothed over my tusken bucket, so i could even do the same bucket faberic you guys use.

Over at the MG, it seems there is a blanket that works perfectly to make the robe out of. and is alot cheaper then using the pricy fabric.

here is a pic of the blanket

[image=http://img1.uploadimages.net/967036blanket.jpg]

14. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    I don't know, the texture doesn't look right to me but its hard to say from a picture of it in a bag.

Lor made his from canvas and it looks pretty good even if it is hotter then a protestite in New Orleans on a warm July night. (that didn't come out right)

15. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Hehe. That blanket is way hotter. And it has a weird diamond pattern. The last Tusken We'll start our fabric search again in a couple weeks -- we just got a couple 40% thingies for Joann's.

16. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    awesome! let me knwo what you guys find, we have a joann's down here I can go look at...

I will be up there over the New Years and plan on shopping at Denver Fabrics for some upholstry, if anyone wants to join me fabric shopping let me know.

17. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    When I was at HobbyLobby today, I asked the manager if we could get a wholesale rate by buying an entire bolt of that 15.99/yard robe material?

I was given a definitive hell no

I asked if I could get a swatch of it for reference....

again, the same answer.

I can purchase an eighth of a yard...Zoom, if you think that material is close enough, I'd be happy to go and buy a tiny piece that we could try to match somewhere a little less pricey and a little more friendly?

McCalls patterns are on sale for 99 cents...I bought up a bunch of costume ones. There was a toga pattern in the book, but they were sold out of it.

I think I'll just wing it with that one...so I'm off to Walmart tomorrow before the meeting to look at fleece. :D

18. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    mistress, I have a book at home that may have instructions on how to make a toga. They basically show the simplicity of how to make a grecian gown or a toga. I will see if I can find it and if I do I will see how I can get it to you.

19. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    Well,I think I am 100% who you dealt with,but just to check. Was it the blond condescending twit or the beeotch that looks like she just got done menacing a girl from kansas and her little dog toto.

And the swatch thing is crap. I have seen designers or other people get a swatch of the home dec fabric. I can try and get some on tuesday. It might be on the "less than allowed" side of things(dont worry, I have the hookup in fabric), but they shouldnt be pissy to my friend.and I may drop something heavy.

20. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    lets try and get a piece of that fabric so we can start looking somewhere else for it.

sewing, machining and non-plasticy props...per Lord Zoom...cuz its cold.

21. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
  22. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
  23. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    thats the first I've seen of them...might want to ask LordZoom...this is his crazy trainwreck of an idea. ;)

I'll check it out a bit while I'm sitting here, not working at all, but pretending real hard.

24. Imperial_Birrer

Jan 10, 2003
    I was talking to a guy7 from the C&P board and he linked me to his site. not very impressive,but it does have some good links on it.

BRY-BRYs page.

25. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    for soemthing homemade adn with no real guidance I think he did a decent job. I have seen much worse!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.