main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[C & P] Fort Tusken Homiez

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by TK-4752, May 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    New page yet? Ooooooooooonk.

2. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
  3. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Okie dokie...

Everyone that was planning on doing a Tusken for C3 (and doesn't currently have one), speak up NOW so I know what to plan for!!!

(C3 only -- I can worry about the rest of yous later.)

:p

I'll get most everything we need soon -- it won't be expensive (under $100 for sures, and probably much lower depending on how much work YOU do on it yourself) -- it'll probably be the most cost effective neat costume you'll own.

But, just so I can plan this out along with the other Sweatshops we'll be doing, I'd like to know by February 1st if you are planning on doing one for C3.

4. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Me..of course. [face_blush]

I want to do/help build/be one.

5. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Found the coolest boots on clearance today for my tusken.... :D

6. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    Where?

7. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    walmart...they will need some modification, but they are midcalf suede slip ons....tan

8. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    ooooo0000ooooo000oooooooooh

9. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I think we are in, I can get most of the stuff up here (the soft parts), right?

10. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    yah...soft parts. I should have most of the tusken soft parts done by the next sweat shop. Then, if any of you want to do one, you can look at mine for motivation.

Drool! :p

11. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    i need a head count on who wants to really do this . i will have to price out how much the aluminum parts will be per set .

josh , are you still doing the under head piece ?

12. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Front of the mask has been sculpted up for a little over a month. :D

So far the only people that've expressed interest for C3 were Jenny and I. Non-C3 interest was Rachel, Becca, and Kim?

However, if you build it, they come.

If you charge money, they will run away. LOL.

You can always drop whatever pieces don't get picked up on eBay.

How long does each set take to make?

13. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    I sitll want one
    just not for C3=)

14. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    depends on my motivation . i can do at least one set a night . i did 4 tusks and a head spike in about two hours last night . the trouble is seting up for each pitch .

15. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Coolness. Does this mean I gotta finish the pattern to the bandoliers? :D

16. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    hi. I was lookin at the add for work this week and the uber expensive cloth from hobby lobby is 30% off. so with my discount itll be 45% off.

17. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Hmmm...must go and check out fabric again and compare it to what we've got already.

Not that I dislike what we've already got, but something that doesn't SHED as much as what we've got would be nice.

If the fabric's OK, how do we go about getting it at 45% off? Just throw money at you?

18. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    I used to have a cunk of it,I cant find it now but I scanned it.I think it lost a bit of res in the process cus it was 6 in before it was shrank by the hosting service.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Imperial_Birrer/tuskencloth.bmp]

I'll double check with them tomarrow how the discount works.I know I have to be the one to buy it.I dont know if they just cut off 45% or if they do the 30% and take the 15% off the remaining cost.

19. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    IB...I just picked up 2 yards of the stuff to test it out. The weave's too small for the robe, so the somewhat fine weave burlap that we found can work for the robes.

The muslin works perfectly for the bandage wraps, though! Everyone's going to need AT LEAST 2 yards of tea-dyed muslin for the arm, leg, and headwraps. I cut strips that were about 2 inches wide, and ended up having 4 strips left over.

On me, I needed 4 bandages that were 2 yards long to cover each calf/foot. I needed 1 for each forearm. I think the head will take 4-5 bandages.

Sooo...about 2 yards. Just to have some extra, I think 2.5-3 yards for everyone will work. I've seen muslin at other places for a lot cheaper, though. I think SC mentioned seeing some?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.