main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[C & P] X-Wing Pilots

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by TK-4752, Jun 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    5 total!

hopefully I will get my 5 done and we will have 1 extra....

2. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    ok

here you p-Josh

you are a BIG DORK

lol

3. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    OK. Now...what was that for? LOL :p

4. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    cause it hadn't been said yet today...

5. COS_Vader

COS_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    I have an extra Rubies Deluxe X-Wing Pilot Helm that I picked up today during my supply run. I will let it go at cost ($91.99).

First PM gets dibs on it.

Kev

6. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    92 credits ! i could buy my own ship for that !

we will have the four that i have otherwise .

i bet your will look better than mine

7. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    I'll prolly have to say no for the helmet. At some point in time we'll have more refined helmet molds and be able to do a better run for everyone. :D

Becca... :p

8. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Ya know, I'm sitting here looking at eBay to find the difference between a Rubies Deluxe, and a Rubies standard pilot helmet, and I see the Rubies Quidditch robes...

And then I think to myself, "Self, Quidditch gloves would be easy to make, and the robes are COOL..."

And then I think, "And ya know what else? I'm not much of a Harry Potter fan, but I'd love to see everyone drunk, and in Harry Potter outfits..."

9. COS_Vader

COS_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    To tell the truth, I bought one Don Post and 2 Rubies and I'll be darned if I can tell the difference, other than the paint job.

Not trying to make money here (just selling at what I paid), and grabbed 3 of them in the only place I found in the state that had 'em in stock.

I left one of the $45 standards at Reinke Bros. in Littleton. They had a lot of Star Wars masks and such, just in case anyone is looking.

Kev

10. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    we could play josh's harry potter drinking game .

every time someone says harry, mr potter , harry potter ect. you have to drink [face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil]

and yes once we tweak the molds they will look better

11. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    oh and all 84 of the leg flares are done .

cut to length , de-buggered ,primered , and painted .

you should see them all layed out . they look like metal hot dogs

metal wieners

12. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    oh and i had good luck with the front mohawk piece . the clay one vaced and fell right out . ihave the clay one and one hydro cal . so i should be able to get 4 pieces .

13. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Suh-weet.

Cleaned house. Slowly. Not moving very fast right now. I think the universe had to balance all the negative entropy I create by making me get sick during a huge project.

BUT...right now figuring out how to finish the vests, and then off the get the chest boxes wrapped up.

14. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    hey p-josh......

[face_chicken]

ok guys

thanks to the fates being wicked I am not going to get anything done tonight or tomorrow night

will finish up friday night so I can promise 4 vests, hopefully the 5th one too if I get the pattern cut out

sorry=(

15. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    Thanks to the help of Tasha and mistress, all the fronts and backs of the vests are sewn, tubed, and washed. Tonite begins the "how the heck does it go together" section of the sewing. Followed by the "why did i want to make a mini pilot costume again?" section, finally to be finishes by the "zzzzzzzzz" section of the evening.

:D

16. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    lol

take it from experience, putting it together is the easy part;) Let me know if you have any questions!!!!

Also, the destuctions say to put in wire for the small channels in front but I found that pipe cleaners look better and are a perfect fit, they might work well for the mini costume too

so at lunch today I will go find some white ones. I don't think people want to walk around with multicolored pipecleaners in their vests

lol

17. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    wait, you are following destructions?

i looked at the wrong site first for them, so we just are sewing them however we see fit. :p

our little channels look fine flat, i thought. maybe josh can post some pics, so we can compare the progress. or if you have one done completely, send him a pic so we are at least similar in design. :)

18. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    then I will have to go find where I put my camera

lol

19. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    yeah, um. looked at the second link again. we didn't do a channel at the back. live with it. :p

actually, on the figure and pics (and movie cause we watched it tuesday, and probably again tonite) we decided (read jenny and me, with a sick josh saying 'whatever. just do what you want') that the ribbing looked like it went underneath the belt so we did it instead of trying to figure out the measurements. Unfortunately, we didnt' count channels before we started, so some are going to have the shape at the bottom, 'enhanced'. Yeah, that's a good word for it. :D

I have 3 words for anyone who complains: IT'S A COSTUME. and if you don't like it, don't get us to sew for you next time. 8-} :-B

20. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    lol

EXACTLY

lol

21. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Leg wrap update. I have 2 complete, 3 almost complete & 4 to get done. I'm getting faster & this clipping the string every row is stupid, so I keep them all together & cut last :D It's going fast now.

I messed up on one & was trying to take out the stiches then I thought to myself "self? Why are you wasting your time doing that when it will take less time to cut out a new one & start over?" So I did, it's not like I don't have 5 yards of material to cut it from :D

I will try to finish tonight, but I will have to leave early tomorrow to set up a table at the WOTR, go home to finish if need be. Then go over to Becca's when everyone is there :p

22. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    w00w000

I am getting super excited!!

I have one more front to cut and sew then just need to finishe edges,insert tubes and attach velcro, shouldn't take too long=)

23. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
  24. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    I found something that i might need to add to my outfit down the road.

a mike piece. Like my hero ;)

[image=http://users3.ev1.net/~rfet/swchpics/jekprkns.jpg]

25. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    i think the normal size vest will work for you. we'll do the largest of all we make with you in mind, but having done 5 fronts and backs already, i just can't drag myself to do one more. =P~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.