main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[C & P] X-Wing Pilots

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by TK-4752, Jun 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    You are so right about the photo :D Hey Kev, aren't you working on the bird on Saturday in Denver? I was going to see if we could get in early so we can make sure everything is going to get done in time.

Becca, I will be more then happy to meet you anywhere to give you $$$$, I have no idea what size we will need?? I wouldn't mind going & picking mine up either (so I can try it on) where did you find them??

I'm calling RV & Boat places tomorrow to find the grey webbing, on one tutorial it says its elastic painted w/ fabric paint???? I would like to get the webbing if I can.

I can pick up the 2 inch elastic, 1 to 1 1/2 inch black webbing that holds the box on. 1 inch daul rod to make the flares & look for buckels to make the belt look right, I have no idea what they use in the front, it looks like two small tube things & it doesn't even hold anything together.

Josh, I'm going to Plastic Care on Friday to get more plastic & find some visor material.

I need BOOTS **bitting fingernails**

We can pull this off, that is what team work is all about :D

2. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    If you can find 2 inch grey wench strap at the RV place it should work perfectly for the ejection straps. As for the chestbox straps U.S. mil. Sleeping Bag straps work quite well and the buckle that they come with even looks close.

3. COS_Vader

COS_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Yeah we can! I'll definately be there early on Saturday to knock things out on the bird. I have the material for the ripped seat and will cover it tomorrow (need to replace the plywood backing as it had a huge crack in it), so all is on target.

I will also bring all the reference photos that I have for detailing the bird, big enough for all to easily see what needs to be done.

It's a shame the cockpit is so bare. I'll work the targeting computer screen overlay at work tomorrow on some acetate that can be backlit so it at least 'looks' like a cockpit. Maybe I have a spare PC flightstick that will suffice as well. Not quite cannon, but better than nothing in there.

Maybe someone can bring some plywood so we can detail the sides of the cockpit as well. Who knows? Maybe it's best left until we get the bird back.

You guys rock! Never forget it!

4. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I think we have some spare wood, I would ask Jeff but he's beat & sleeping at the moment. In the AM I will scope it out, I was going to stop by tomrrow around 11:30-noonish.

I also have pictures to bring :D

5. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    Oooo...picture of Luke's actual vest and lunchbox...

Needed more reference material. :D

6. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    I meant...OOOOO...Luke's actual vest and lunchbox...

[image=http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/Xsydney/costumes/Pc220035.jpg]

7. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Doh. And I just found out what the grey hose is -- dryer hose. The guy says they're at Wal-mart in the hardware section. And I need one so I can make sure the box thickness is right. I just spent the last hour or so picking apart the dimensions for the rest of the box. Urf.

Past midnight. Urf.

Wal-mart's still open. Urf.

Won't be able to sleep tonight until I have at least one. Urf.

I guess I'll be back in 30 minutes!

8. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    [image=http://www.501st.be/Props/Kostuums/X-Wing_Pilot/X-Wing_pilot_11.jpg]
    hope that helps with the dimensions.
    Here is where i found it.
    http://www.501st.be/Props/Kostuums/X-Wing_Pilot/X-Wing_pilot.htm

on the other side

9. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    OK. Supply run went well. Got 6 packs of white extra wide double fold bias tape -- will make edging the vests a lot easier than just folding them over (our sewing machine has issues with going over more than 4 layers of cloth).

Also got 4 hoses. 5 ft. washing machine discharge hose. Comes in grey, with a couple of attachments, and a hair trigger. Retails for about $7.84. Found in the plumbing aisle at Wal-marts.

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

YA GOT THAT?!?!?!??

[image=http://home.comcast.net/~josh.anaya/x-wing/rebel-pilot-hose.jpg]

10. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Zac...Sweet -- that's a really nice tutorial. And yes, it will help. Thanks. :D

11. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Back to boxes...

Also just cut a short length to take with me to Home Depot tomorrow to find an elbow attachment to hook to the flightsuit, and maybe an attachment to hook it to the box so it can be removed (not necessary, though).

12. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    I doubt you need it but i have a full size drawing of the TIE chest peice in cluding all measurments.

13. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Ooo. Neat! I'd want it anyway! The one I made was all eyeballed.

14. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Hm. Rebel lunchbox design from that site is only 5.5 inches x 6.66 inches x 1.25 inches. That's not very big...and the hose doesn't really fit the thickness. Will need to make the box a little thicker. More gurthy.

Guuurthy.

15. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    on the nylon webbing - we could always get white and dye it with RIT if we have too

16. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Yep. Or vinyl dye...whichever works better.

17. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    My sewing machine can sew through leather, or so it say in the instructions :D I will be able to help sew some vests if you would like to put your efforts toward the helmet & chest plates. I don't want to go buy material because I would like them all to match.

P-Josh, sorry I didnt' send you the file Terry sent Jeff, I'm at work & the file is at home. I will see what I can do.

18. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    No worries. I think we'd cobbled together enough resources so far that we might not need it. :D But if it's got some new info, maybe it'll make 1 or 2 things a little easier.

19. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    Boots. what kind do i need?

20. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    REMEMBER -

If you want me to pick up your flight suit for ya LET ME KNOW by 1PM today

Here is who I have on the list so far:

P-Josh
    Rachel
    Mistress
    Zac
    Mac
    COS Vader
    Me

SC - we can work out going together, they are open till 9pm=) Let me know.

21. COS_Vader

COS_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    The boots are simple black riding boots. Any similar tall black boot without laces would work, but honestly you could get away with Military issue.

Kev

22. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    crap. of course they have to be without laces. I have never been able to find boot like that will go over my calf muscles. Im going to have to get boots with laces. oh well. now to find a plce with my size.

23. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    hmmmm. my last post did not post.

becca. takes zacs name off. he cant do it.

and when do pick our call signs ;) ?

24. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    call signs?

hrm

can mine be Beerwench?

and he is off the list!

25. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Psh. I'm just gonna wear laced boots. Can't spend time locating some nice German mudstompers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.