main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL C: V in your hometown!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by echo-3, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Just wanted to get a thread started on this even though I can see no one uses this board.
    I'll be there!

2. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Can you believe it? Great news for those of us in Orlando, in Florida, and even the Southeast!

These boards are nearly barren, but the FanForce lives on as part of the SWGFA (see my signature) and our next meeting will likely be on the 16th of January. An Official Meeting thread will be posted when this is finalized.

3. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    This is absolutely awesome. I woke up and countless of my friends had posted it Facebook. Thinking that this could never be true (I mean, Orlando?), I checked into it, and sure enough, a miracle.

Cannot wait. I actually had no intention of ever attending unless it was local, and here it is, right down the street.

4. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I really hope it's the best Celebration yet. Our Convention & Visitors Bureau has a bid in for another Celebration for 2014 but I don't think chances are terribly good for us to get it twice.

5. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Guys , Is there any Do's or Do Not's you can give everyone outside Orlando advise on?
    Eric

6. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    Do not wait until the last minute to make your complete travel arrangements. Hotels are filling up, and you be lucky to get in any of the hotels close to the convention center at this point.

7. CurlyHayami

CurlyHayami Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2005
    With no actual ride, I'll be making it to a Greyhound station ten miles away from the center by bus....are there any city buses there? (Like how Tampa has HART http://gohart.org/)

8. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    Orlando has the Lynx bus system. I've never actually been on one, but they seem to be everywhere and go everywhere. Check this out:

http://www.golynx.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.