C2 dvd

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by k3po, May 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k3po Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    With all the taping that went on there, will there be a Celebration II dvd made?
  2. YodaJeff Manager Emeritus

star 7
    We can only hope...

I'd really like to see a DVD, because there were so many things going on, and it was impossible to catch everything.
  3. MaximusVader Jedi Youngling

star 1
    There was just as much taping (if not more) going on at Celebration I and nothing has surfaced as of yet. I am of the opinion that the eventual big boxed super set of dvd's due out after the prequels will contain stuff on all three celebrations.
  4. DamonVader Jedi Padawan

That would be nice to have. I spent most of weekend in line for autos,figs and concert.
    Did not catch many of the shows, but did see
    Attack of the Fetts!
  5. DEWGOD01 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think it would be nice when the original three are released on DVD that a fourth DVD with stuff that doesn't really fit onto any one of the movies would be a great addition, with maybe the Celebration stuff as well as some of the stuff from various tv shows that have been about the phenominon (however you spell it) and the lengths fans go to show love for Star Wars and all things Star Wars. I also have heard from other people that alot of the footage was shot for news crews around the US. When I got home to CA on Monday night my grandma commented she saw something on the evening news about the Celebration but didn't see me. I was suprised....not... :)
  6. the-fett Jedi Knight

star 1
    that does sound like cool idea. we should write WotC and see if we can get them yo make a dvd. not only would it be cool so see the things we missed but it would be even cooler to see yourself on it. agreed?
  7. DonC Force Ghost

star 4
    Somebody in one of the other CII topics was saying a video or dvd was planned, then scrapped because of clearence issues.
  8. Carl-StarWarsFanOrg Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yep. That would be me. I posted this earlier in the picture thread:

A video/DVD documentary of the event WAS discussed early during the planning stages of C2. But it won't happen for several reasons, the biggest of which were legal "clearance" issues that LFL didn't want to have to deal with.

I know this, because I was part of a Digital Video Production team that actually sent in a bid/proposal to do the work.
  9. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    I thought that there was going to be C2 stuff on the Episode II DVD?
  10. Carl-StarWarsFanOrg Jedi Knight

star 1
    A lot of the special AOTC footage (ShoWest stuff, "Spider-Man Trailer") and Featurettes that were shown will almost surely be on the DVD. (The TPM DVD includes Featurettes that were previously only shown publically at Celebration I).

But I seriously doubt any video footage from the actual convention itself will be on there.
  11. Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff

VIP
    star 3
    I wonder if there will be of the Costume contest since we had to sign a release when we entered it.
  12. MaximusVader Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Um, we all did sign releases the moment we purchased our badges for the Celebration. Grab your badge and read the back of it. WotC and LFL owned us for the weekend as far as this type of thing is concerned. And as far as clearance, the makers of Starwoids, The Fandom Menace and other fan films which have been sold for profit haven't had to worry about clearance issues.

Trust me, they wouldn't have been filming anything at all if it wasn't going to show up somewhere at some time. There was a friggin camera in every room during every talk.
  13. JediMaster22 Jedi Grand Master

star 8
  14. Vergere Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think it'd be cooler to have fans send in their favorite portions of their videos or their favorite pics and compile them into a homemade film...those are always fun to watch.

Yeah, of course that's impractical and will never happen.
  15. Carl-StarWarsFanOrg Jedi Knight

star 1
    Trust me, they wouldn't have been filming anything at all if it wasn't going to show up somewhere at some time. There was a friggin camera in every room during every talk.

Lucasfilm video documents EVERYTHING for their own internal/archival purposes. They even videotape every Q&A session and press conference that they hold at The Ranch... and you'll never see that stuff being released in any form. Even Celebration I was documented... and where is that to be found in any kind of official video?

Trust me, you're getting your hopes up if you expect an official C2 video.
  16. DEWGOD01 Jedi Knight

star 1
    But, much like waiting in lines, as evidenced by the amount of complaining about C3 I've heard over the last week or so Star Wars fans are also prone to getting thier hopes up and then having them dashed. So, I'm going to go get in line at Blockbuster for the C2 DVD. Who's with me????? Anyone? ok... Maybe I'll just go back to my parent's basement.
  17. MOJEDI Jedi Padawan

I would love to purchase a C2 DVD. Take my money! If not a dvd, do you think we could get the FanClub to publish a post-celebration booklet highlighting some of the presentations with photos and dialog? Fan photos, as well as close-up stills of the presenters on stage.

Well?
  18. DonC Force Ghost

star 4
    The closest your going to get is some photos in SW Insider, and, maybe, Gamer.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.